Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government (2882 Views)

Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country / Ezinne Kalu Graduates With First Class In Law From UK University (Photos) / PDP Wasted Public Funds, Led An Irresponsible Government - Chief Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by SUPERPACK: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2020
HigherEd:

What part of it?
When you put the decision to remove trustees in the hand of govt, what you get isn't transparency but chaos.

It is naivety to high heavens that makes you think that Mosques or Churches are equally exposed to the maladministration of laws or amendments targeted at religious bodies. Was it not in this same country we saw someone attain the position of a FRCN head only to target the removal of Adeboye with a law crafted for so called Christinans and Muslims.
The Muslims are more politically savvy, I must give them credit for that. On sighting any law they know which would benefit them or not. Ask yourself why MURIC was attacking the Amotekun setup while CAN could care less. Majority of commentators and speculators are so shallow in thinking.

Nobody has condemned the requirement to submit financial records. Not even one person! Arrogating the powers to elect trustees on behalf of the church is absolute madness coming from an highly Irresponsible and unworthy govt.
Another rantings of an ant.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Afolabimills(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2020
helinues:

On your mark, get set go

grin cheesy
spitsspitsspitsspits
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Charleys: 8:17am On Aug 23, 2020
Buhari appoints a Muslim to oversee the affairs of the church.

Details coming soon grin
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2020
HigherEd:

Who needs supervision, really?

A government that still finds ghost workers amongst its own workforce. A government whose own university claims a blind auditor prevented it from carrying out an audit is preoccupied about how NGOs are run. A government whose anti corruption (EFCC) lead was charged on corruption charges.

South Africa, UK regulates NGOs blah blah argument.

The reason why Nigerians continue to fail as a people is because they make excuses for a grossly incompetent league of individuals they call politicians. But what makes it worse for them is their penchant for creating equivalency between the excuse of a leadership in Nigeria with those of reasonable countries.

One would think if a government is this dysfunctional the focus would be on correcting its own ills rather than focusing on aggregating the power to suspend trustees without recourse to courts.

Worst run NGOs are better run than the best government parastals.

The most mismanaged private entities are better run than the best government run parastatals. Therefore, the way I see it the ones needing supervision are government agencies and ministries. I don't see the sense in government running after organizations such as Amnesty Intl, BBOG or even Churches.

NGOs, Churches do right by suspecting government.

With the history of oppression recorded by Churches and christianedom it would be naive not to expect CAN not to be suspicious of the government. It would be insane even.
The government has for decades used the constitution or bills to either weaken churches or give Islam an advantage. The church MUST not comply with any amendment of the CAMA it feels threatens its existence. Let the government do its very worst.

Seriously, this is an irresponsible write-up

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Lovelive: 9:10am On Aug 23, 2020
nsiba:

Sharap! Except for criminals, how many responsible pastors have you seen complaining?

You SHARAP
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by HigherEd: 10:10am On Aug 23, 2020
JonCleary:

Only an Irresponsible person would think so.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 23, 2020
Marine54:
See this one! Una where them dey brainwashed to carry suicide bomb to kill in order to marry 70 virgin,
Why una no dey apply your so called 6 gifted sense.... grin
oga I would not lie no body would like to serve d God of someone with an attitude like urs.... mind u am a Christian.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by favor914: 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
slivertongue:
from an irresponsible party
It is not a party thing, it is an Act of Parliament, made by the National Assembly, Go and ask your Senators, and House of Representatives Members why they supported the bill? Just imagine you made a decision, then you are abusing yourself for making the decision.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by FearGodinall: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
JonCleary:

. Your are not different from the lifeless thing, muhaamed the terriorst.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Azmanaty: 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
joyandfaith:

There are also islamic organisations that will be affected by the law. PMB, a Muslim will not rule country forever. Table always turns. CAMA law will make professional, religious and charity organisations to be more financial transparent and responsible.

Oga, u don't need religious and charity organization to be financially transparent. The Govt should be transparent first
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by joyandfaith: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Azmanaty:

Oga, u don't need religious and charity organization to be financially transparent. The Govt should be transparent first

are u saying because government is corrupt, various associations be it religious, professional or charity should not be regulated?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Azmanaty: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
joyandfaith:

are u saying because government is corrupt, various associations be it religious, professional or charity should not be regulated?

This is a pure case of leaving out the log in your eyes to remove the dust in someone else's eyes.
NGO, religious and charity bodies are well regulated. The govt should take care of themselves - first.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by joyandfaith: 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
Azmanaty:

This is a pure case of leaving out the log in your eyes to remove the dust in someone else's eyes.
NGO, religious and charity bodies are well regulated. The govt should take care of themselves - first.

As long they are registered with government, they should be regulated. Their financial records should be checked. Criminals are using these organisations to launder monies.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by nsiba: 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lovelive:

You SHARAP

like to know the name of ya CRIMINAL PASTOR, or are you a CRIMINAL PASTOR?
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Lovelive: 7:26am On Aug 24, 2020
nsiba:

like to know the name of ya CRIMINAL PASTOR, or are you a CRIMINAL PASTOR?

Are you a criminal imam or you are warming up to become one ?

Evil individual in the affairs of a nation ...
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by nsiba: 7:38am On Aug 24, 2020
Lovelive:

Are you a criminal imam or you are warming up to become one ?

Evil individual in the affairs of a nation ...

So Imam won't answer to CAMA only criminal pastos, do you have any sense?
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Lovelive: 7:48am On Aug 24, 2020
nsiba:

So Imam won't answer to CAMA only criminal pastos, do you have any sense?

We know your evil intentions and your followers

Criminal calling others criminals.

Pants
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by nsiba: 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lovelive:

We know your evil intentions and your followers

Criminal calling others criminals.

Pants

Did you hear Kumuyi complain, Pastor Osibanjo?
I personally will see to the compliance to CAMA, you and that criminal church you worship......business MOGs expect in your criminal enterprise

1 Like

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Lovelive: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
nsiba:

Did you hear Kumuyi complain, Pastor Osibanjo?
I personally will see to the compliance to CAMA, you and that criminal church you worship......business MOGs expect in your criminal enterprise

I said it bf you and your co can't call any one here criminal because that it exactly want you represent no matter how you disguise it.

You people are devil reincarnated and you can't do anything to the church of Almighty Yahweh.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ehiscotch:
I originally was against the bill (partially though) until I had a better understanding of it.

I really like y'all to properly understand whatever you are maligning before ranting about it and attaching "Christianity" to it.

It's in total ignorance and obliviousness that you'd say something like "the Worst NGOs are better than...."

My issue is your playing the persecution card. Stop, there is really nothing targeted at Christianity.

The all those mentioning me, I really am displeased with the fact that you claim to be a Christian but your search for wisdom — which is the principal thing for us here on Earth in our dealing with the secular world— is shallow, at best.
Persecution is unavoidable (it will surely come)but you are barking at the wrong tree, really. If as a Christian you cannot discern things of the world how then will you understand heavenly things?
Try to remove jaundice from your eyes and read the bill again (sic).

Thanks so much.

The merchant pastors needed to be controlled. They brought all of us in christiandom into this junction.

UK has investigated some pastors due to their trial in doing what they unquestionably do in Nigeria in their clime.
One is in Lagos now and lost the management of the church in UK to UK govt.

How can church money be unilaterally invested in business and still try to evade taxation in the name of God's money?

Sanity is required in govt. That doesn't mean it is not needed in these businesses called mega churches.

I was in one of the biggest mega churches as a member for 16 years. I left eventually when I couldn't stand the hypocrisy on the altar.

Contract racketeering in church is almost competing with what is obtained in govt.

The very pastors who lead on Sunday morning are those who inflates prices for supply orders.

The politics behind choosing head usher is deeper than Edo State elections.
Let me tell you, the politicking gets tribal at times in that so-called house of God.

Manipulation of university account system to pay less tax is a possibility because signs are available.

What baffles me most is that the same church is the noisiest against government in Nigeria.

My question is this, If the so-called light is practicing most or all mentioned above, what moral justification does it have over the so-called "darkness" they castigate consistently?

The commercial pastors have actually made CAMA necessary.

I am a Christian, I read it and found out CAMA needs to cut excesses of the greedy pastors and sheiks.

Churches/islamic groups are charity organization.

Catholic has shown us what charity means. They gave free/subsidized schools and hospitals. I enjoyed their medical benevolence throughout my growing years. Many of these merchants were treated in Catholics almost free hospitals.
They went to the almost free catholic schools. But now know it's expensive to go to school. It was also expensive then. That was why a whole village contributes to send just one person to school.
If these new generation can't do what they are registered to do, then they are only using it to launder money.

Christians who care should study the book of Acts, chapter 1 to chapter 7.
You will see clearly that the church is there for 2 purposes:

1. Provide spiritual food and lead the flocks towards God and ultimately heaven.

2. Provide for their physical needs.

Jesus practiced these two and the early church continued in it.

Note that all these concrete works we are investing in to build another empire (like tower of Babel) will become an abandoned engineering soon.

That mega church made me do extensive studies on what was tithes for?

I found out only God leads on where to pay your tithe.
If the owner (God) leads you to motherless babies home, please run there and pay your tithes.

Only God will tell you his own "House of God". But we have been subtly coerced into bringing it for the building of empires.

God will open our eyes as Christians.

If you think I am an unbeliever, I am not.

My pastor doesn't teach money money money unlike the mega church I left.

He is somewhere in Gboko, Benue state.

There is need for accountability, not for government alone, but everyone else: church, mosques and secular NGOs.
All of us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
francisgodstime:
oga I would not lie no body would like to serve d God of someone with an attitude like urs.... mind u am a Christian.

I am a Christian.
I also know most of these people are only being taught consistently on how to make money in church using Bible.

You will always see their deficiency in biblical virtues, because that's only mentioned on rare occasion.

So, do not be offended when they use foul languages. They were never taught of that in those commerce industrial churches.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
favor914:
It is not a party thing, it is an Act of Parliament, made by the National Assembly, Go and ask your Senators, and House of Representatives Members why they supported the bill? Just imagine you made a decision, then you are abusing yourself for making the decision.

Thanks Favour.
Ignorance pervades our land, I tell you.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
Azmanaty:

Everyone should be transparent.

Hypocrisy is when you want others to do what you can't or don't want to do.

The religious groups are also providing leadership and so needs to be responsible, accountable and transparent.

The challenge with African is that we have allowed the religious leaders to use us and make us believe only God can ask them questions.

No, the ceasers often our own world can ask them questions. Else they carry their whole activities into the spirit realms and do it there.

Afterall, You can build 1million capacity dome in spirit realm. Not to talk of schools and universities.
As far as it is on earth, we are all accountable.
Everyone must be accountable.
Everyone must start it.
If you are waiting for the other to start first, that is Hyposrisy.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
joyandfaith:

I'm also dumbfounded.
You see how people reason like sinners?
"Go and stop commiting sin first before I stop sinning" that's what he meant.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Ehiscotch(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
Olaolufred:

Thanks so much.

The merchant pastors needed to be controlled. They brought all of us in christiandom into this junction.

UK has investigated some pastors due to their trial in doing what they unquestionably do in Nigeria in their clime.
One is in Lagos now and lost the management of the church in UK to UK govt.

How can church money be unilaterally invested in business and still try to evade taxation in the name of God's money? I

Sanity is required in govt. That doesn't mean it is not needed in these businesses called mega churches.

I was in one of the biggest mega churches as a member for 16 years. I left eventually when I couldn't stand the hypocrisy on the altar.

Contract racketeering in church is almost competing with what is obtained in govt.

The very pastors who lead on Sunday morning are those who inflates prices for supply orders.

The politics behind choosing head usher is deeper than Edo State elections.
Let me tell you, the politicking gets tribal at times in that so-called house of God.

Manipulation of university account system to pay less tax is a possibility because signs are available.

What baffles me most is that the same church is the noisiest against government in Nigeria.

My question is this, If the so-called light is practicing most or all mentioned above, what moral justification does it have over the so-called "darkness" they castigate consistently?

The commercial pastors have actually made CAMA necessary.

I am a Christian, I read it and found out CAMA needs to cut excesses of the greedy pastors and sheiks.

Churches/islamic groups are charity organization.

Catholic has shown us what charity means. They gave free/subsidized schools and hospitals. I enjoyed their medical benevolence throughout my growing years. Many of these merchants were treated in Catholics almost free hospitals.
They went to the almost free catholic schools. But now know it's expensive to go to school. It was also expensive then. That was why a whole village contributes to send just one person to school.
If these new generation can't do what they are registered to do, then they are only using it to launder money.

Christians who care should study the book of Acts, chapter 1 to chapter 7.
You will see clearly that the church is there for 2 purposes:

1. Provide spiritual food and lead the flocks towards God and ultimately heaven.

2. Provide for their physical needs.

Jesus practiced these two and the early church continued in it.

Note that all these concrete works we are investing in to build another empire (like tower of Babel) will become an abandoned engineering soon.

That mega church made me do extensive studies on what was tithes for?

I found out only God leads on where to pay your tithe.
If the owner (God) leads you to motherless babies home, please run there and pay your tithes.

Only God will tell you his own "House of God". But we have been subtly coerced into bringing it for the building of empires.

God will open our eyes as Christians.

If you think I am an unbeliever, I am not.

My pastor doesn't teach money money money unlike the mega church I left.

He is somewhere in Gboko, Benue state.

There is need for accountability, not for government alone, but everyone else: church, mosques and secular NGOs.
All of us.
You made a lot of sense.
What's the name of your church?
I'm in Otukpo, Benue state.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by joyandfaith: 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
Olaolufred:

I'm also dumbfounded.
You see how people reason like sinners?
"Go and stop commuting sin first before I stop sinning" that's what he meant.

is your head correct?
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ehiscotch:

You made a lot of sense.
What's the name of your church?
I'm in Otukpo, Benue state.

There's a brother there called Gbile Akanni.
He didn't come to Lagos and Abuja to harvest rich men. But he's touching the world from that remote town.

We still have true men of God pointing men to God.

The merchants are the one causing issues for the truly called.

1 Like

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
joyandfaith:

is your head correct?

I don't understand your English ooooooooooooo.

Which village speaks this type?
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by joyandfaith: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
Olaolufred:

I don't understand your English ooooooooooooo.
Which village speaks this type?
is your head correct ?
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
joyandfaith:

is your head correct ?

Sorry o,
I don't understand this type of English.
Not insulting you o.
Just don't understand it.
Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by Olaolufred(m): 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
joyandfaith:

is your head correct ?

I think I need to help you.
I am the only one who liked your comment above.
I have attached the screenshot of the comment.

Then I replied you by corroborating what you typed.

May be the word "dumbfounded is too big for your understanding, I have also attached the dictionary meaning.

Also, to corroborate as I used in sentence above means "in agreement with".

However, in case you go to church, Christ didn't teach you to insult others.

If you read well and understood my comment on your comment, you wouldn't have typed what you did.

If you did understand and typed it still, then what you typed is then related to you.

Pick up your dictionary and analyze my sentences again, you will find out your response was not relevant nor reasonable.

Re: CAMA: An Irresponsible Law From An Irresponsible Government by joyandfaith: 3:53am On Aug 25, 2020
Olaolufred:

I think I need to help you.
I am the only one who liked your comment above.
I have attached the screenshot of the comment.

Then I replied you by corroborating what you typed.

May be the word "dumbfounded is too big for your understanding, I have also attached the dictionary meaning.

Also, to corroborate as I used in sentence above means "in agreement with".

However, in case you go to church, Christ didn't teach you to insult others.

If you read well and understood my comment on your comment, you wouldn't have typed what you did.

If you did understand and typed it still, then what you typed is then related to you.

Pick up your dictionary and analyze my sentences again, you will find out your response was not relevant nor reasonable.

Animal . help your miserable life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Come He Is Wearing Mask- Photo / Imo Passing Checking Points In Owerri. / Royal Wedding: Oluwo Of Iwo Set To Marry Kano Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.