Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Shall We Then Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shall We Then Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? (189 Views)

Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / The "Small Sin" That Will Send The Most People To Hell-fire. / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shall We Then Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? by Missyajoke(f): 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Good evening everyone am here to share a short message and may the God bless everyone (Amen).

So, shall we then continue in sin that grace may abound? Paul replies with a resounding “God forbid” (Romans 6:2). Sins has no other name than sin. Here are the list of things sin does to a christian.

1. It robs us of our ability to understand spiritual truth. The Bible says that it is the Holy Spirit that helps us understand the will of God.
2. It robs us of Joy
3. Another problem with sin is that it takes away the excitement of the Christian life.
4. Sin also robs us of peace.
5. Sin robs us of fellowship with God. That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ . . . If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth (1 John 1:3,6).
6. Sin also robs us of confidence in our prayer life.
7. Sin can cause our prayers to be unanswered.
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear (Psalm 66:18). When believers sin, God does not answer their prayers with a, Yes. God wants to first hear a prayer of confession.

Conclusion

When we sin it has an effect on us as well as others. We lose our spiritual sharpness. Confession is the only thing that can bring that back. Therefore it is vital that Christians confess their sins and forsake them.

To give your life to Christ say this after me " Dear God, I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to change and turn from my sin. I now invite Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Savior.

2 Likes

Re: Shall We Then Continue In Sin That Grace May Abound? by Missyajoke(f): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2020
Good morning everyone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why There Is No Justice, Why There Are Problems... Why It Is A Cult / Today's Devotionals For Christians - TUESDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2020 / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Predicts When Rapture Will Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.