Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian (717 Views)

Willian Joined Arsenal To Win The UCL But Instead Left Them Bottom Of The Table / Chelsea Players Celebrate Win, Champions League Final In Dressing Room (Photos) / Pep Guardiola Reveals What Will Happen If Man City Fail To Win Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by damilola4162(m): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
Winger Willian Borges da Silva has said he hopes to win the Champions League with his new English Club, Arsenal.

William was said to have left Chelsea at the end of his contract after he turned down offer of a two-year extension.

He admitted that one of the reasons he joined Arsenal is to win the Champions League, after manager, Mikel Arteta reveals his plan to win it within the space of three years.

Willian opted to make the move across London to join the Gunners with the club offering him a lucrative deal until 2023 - and Arteta's ambition to win trophies helped him make the decision.

“One of the reasons I wanted a three-year deal was to be part of a plan, not just a player passing through,” he said.

“When I talked with the manager he told me why he needed me for three years.

“It was that he first wanted to qualify for the Champions League and win it by the time I left. That was what I wanted to hear.

“I was at Chelsea for seven years and won everything except the Champions League. Hopefully this move will give me the trophy I haven’t got as well as another Premier League title.”

source: https://insidenaija.com.ng/i-joined-arsenal-to-win-champions-league-willian/

Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by damilola4162(m): 11:20pm On Aug 22, 2020
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by OlawaleBammie: 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
E b like say D guy dey dream
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by cyberaddict: 11:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
angry
It's not impossible but first, Arsenal needs to change their mediocre mentality and then buy a couple of world class players

1 Like

Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by internationalman(m): 12:02am On Aug 23, 2020
Yeah he go win world cup join self
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by Emax911: 12:09am On Aug 23, 2020
future impossible tense

Willian still playing to win d champions league in 2075

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by chiiraq802(m): 12:15am On Aug 23, 2020
Good morning Williams grin
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by Stand4YorubaIgbo: 8:02am On Aug 23, 2020
William my man but guy u are dreaming,wake up embarassed undecided
Hw will u win UAFA with arsenal when d club and the fans don't think any cup outside only FA cup. And u did not even say u came to arsenal to help d Club make it to top 4 next season na champion league u dey think of!
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by damilola4162(m): 8:08am On Aug 23, 2020
Stand4YorubaIgbo:
William my man but guy u are dreaming,wake up embarassed undecided
Hw will u win UAFA with arsenal when d club and the fans don't think any cup outside only FA cup. And u did not even say u came to arsenal to help d Club make it to top 4 next season na champion league u dey think of!

grin grin grin
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by kenzysmith: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2020
When u smoke colombia weed for d ist time this is d result.
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2020
Wait...

Is Willian now a comedian sad

The guy must be truly multi-talented.
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by paulolee(m): 10:33am On Aug 23, 2020
na normal lamba, we all know you went there bcoz you were bored with Chelsea and needs a place where you would be treated like a king and besides that Chelsea renewal wasnt encouraging..
we are used to this lamba, chelsea chances of winning the ucl is bigger than arsenal chances..
for arsenal to win the ucl is jus like Nigeria to win the world cup..
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by paulolee(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2020
cyberaddict:
angry
It's not impossible but first, Arsenal needs to change their mediocre mentality and then buy a couple of world class players
but yoy refused to mention that they have to change that name "arsenal"....gunners can stand a chance if the big boys like bayern, madrid, barca and others didnt get pass the knockout....miracle do happen no mean naija go win world cup..
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by damilola4162(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2020
Cc: Lalasticala, mynd44, dominique
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by Raydos: 12:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Something you couldn't even win in Chelsea for the past 8 years!
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
LMFAO cheesy
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by obonujoker(m): 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Loll...

Even your papa wey promise them for Spain, never see am win grin
Re: One Of The Reasons I Joined Arsenal Is To Win Champions League-willian by sterlingD(m): 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Guys una wicked O.See as all una comments dey make LWKMD

(1) (Reply)

Sergio Aguero Slammed After Grabbing Assistant Female Referee On Shoulder / The Meaning Of Messi’s Tattoos / ******* 30 Odds On June 30th *******30 Odds On June 30th *****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.