Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' (666 Views)

Three Tanzanian Soldiers Killed In The Democratic Republic Of Congo / Congo: Soldier Kills Wife, 2 Children, 10 Others For Burying Son In His Absence / Biden Formally Clinches Democratic Presidential Nomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2020
Franklin Graham Calls Out Democratic Convention's Troubling 'Absence of God'
By Johnathan Jones
Published August 21, 2020 at 10:53am

The Rev. Franklin Graham took to social media Thursday to call out Democrats for the “absence of God” at their four-day virtual convention this week.

The son of late Rev. Billy Graham, who is the President of the Christian humanitarian foundation Samaritan's Purse, pointed to the Ten Commandments in his criticism of the DNC.

“In watching some of the Democratic National Convention on television this week, it has been interesting to see the absence of God,” wrote Graham on Facebook.

“I don’t believe America’s finest hours will be in front of us if we take God out of government and public life. It is God who set the standards we are to live by," Graham added.

He then shared the Ten Commandments in full.

TRENDING: Alyssa Milano Blasted by Rose McGowan: 'What Have the Democrats Done To Solve Anything?'

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12185961_capturefranklingrahamondnc_png9b7468fc59bc7bf7c8c5d2f94186d50f
*See more

“God created us and this earth we live on. Who do we think we are to try to rewrite the rules and run things apart from Him?" he asked. “Who do we think we are to try to take Him out of everything?

“As Dr. Tony Evans said, ‘When One Nation Under God becomes One Nation Apart From God, expect the consequences.' That's true in our individual lives and for our nation," Graham concluded.

The Democrats took steps to remove God from the party's platform during the 2012 convention.

Particularly bothersome for some was the phrase, “We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential."

The mention of God peeved some Democrats who successfully removed any mention of religion, or of Jerusalem being the capital of Israel.

Fox News reported at the time that the language was restored after a backlash, but the perception that Democrats were seeking to remove faith from the party remained.

Just this past week, at least two DNC caucus meetings began with Democrats reciting an altered version of the Pledge of Allegiance, The Washington Times reported.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12185962_capturefranklingrahamondnc1_jpeg9cd64d4615161da4b360f839d4469d7c

RELATED: Stone Claims He Became a Christian During Mueller Prosecution, Sees 'Hand of God' in His Commutation

The new version recited by one Muslim delegate omitted the phrase “under God."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12185963_capturefranklingrahamondnc2_png717a08765565cb7afc5e117036b3151e

President Donald Trump criticised Democrats for the removal of the phrase from the Pledge of Allegiance on Friday morning.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12185964_capturefranklingrahamondnc3_jpegc2a7774ac8694f633584ee0c0c57f3f9

“That's where they’re coming from," Trump said.

Source

Do you think there is still a place for Christians in the Democratic Party?
Likes for Yes and Shares for No

2 Shares

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by Subduer: 5:11am On Aug 23, 2020
DemonRats vainly wish to IMPOSE their Allah on Americans, as Obama, Hillary Clinton, & John Kerry IMPOSED BUHARI on Nigerians.

As Nigerians successfully RESIST Buhari's twin agenda of RUGA & Islamisation, Americans can certainly do far better.

1 Like

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by oz4real83(m): 6:35am On Aug 23, 2020
If Joe Biden wins this election, it will be a continuation of all the principles and programmes of the Obama administration. Just expect all Manners of anti-christian programmes to become legal and societal norms under the guise of freedom. State resources will be used to fight individuals and countries who oppose them. Americans be wise, all that glitters is no gold.

1 Like

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:12am On Aug 23, 2020
Subduer:

DemonRats vainly wish to IMPOSE their Allah on Americans, as Obama, Hillary Clinton, & John Kerry IMPOSED BUHARI on Nigerians.

As Nigerians successfully RESIST Buhari's twin agenda of RUGA & Islamisation, Americans can certainly do far better.

That is why Americans and their supporters have to pray for the Democrats' plot to be destabilised and brought to nothing. We have seen how Obama and his cohorts have a death wish not only on America but on the whole world.

2 Likes

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2020
oz4real83:

If Joe Biden wins this election, it will be a continuation of all the principles and programmes of the Obama administration. Just expect all Manners of anti-christian programmes to become legal and societal norms under the guise of freedom. State resources will be used to fight individuals and countries who oppose them. Americans be wise, all that glitters is no gold.

It is clear that the American election is a battle between God and satan. satan's wish is for the Presidential election to be stolen, for lives to be murdered and properties to be destroyed, these we have seen in the days coming up to the election. One can only imagine what will happen if they were to win the election.

1 Like

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by feedthenation(m): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2020
Pastor Olaadegbu, the 8th commandment states, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor"

Be specific and be sure before posting falsehood. Especially unverified false information from Donald Trump

2 Likes

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by feedthenation(m): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Do you think there is still a place for Christians in the Democratic Party?
Likes for Yes and Shares for No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gv_CY51XBw
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by bayelsaowei(m): 8:44am On Aug 24, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

It is clear that the American election is a battle between God and satan. satan's wish is for the Presidential election to be stolen, for lives to be murdered and properties to be destroyed, these we have seen in the days coming up to the election. One can only imagine what will happen if they were to win the election.
there's no God and satan in this matter...its totally a Satan's affair for both the dems and republican..you guys should stop putting God in the middle of this madness..

Does trump look like someone who knows God even in his dreams?

Read the scriptures Well and understand that the political systems of this world is in the hands of satan the devil..
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Aug 24, 2020
feedthenation:

Pastor Olaadegbu, the 8th commandment states, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor"

Be specific and be sure before posting falsehood. Especially unverified false information from Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2OOm_RPuSk

To bear false witness is to be a Democrat and the fact that you are a democrat proves that you are willing to lie through your teeth and fingers as this judge eloquently puts into words in her statement. Despite all the pain I went through to presents the facts in the OP you still come here to accuse me falsely for posting falsehood? This is why we need to get rid of the desperate democrat Party who are willing to lie their way to gain political power. The devil is a liar.
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Aug 24, 2020
feedthenation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gv_CY51XBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpRKHbLxR6g

This is the proof you Democrats left out and are willing to deceive the gullible to believe that you are not godless. Definitely there is not place for Christians in the Democrat Party.
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:

there's no God and satan in this matter...its totally a Satan's affair for both the dems and republican..you guys should stop putting God in the middle of this madness..

Does trump look like someone who knows God even in his dreams?

Read the scriptures Well and understand that the political systems of this world is in the hands of satan the devil..

You should wake up and see that this is a battle between Trump and the Deep State. Trump must be reelected to drain the swamp.

1 Like

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by bayelsaowei(m): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You should wake up and see that this is a battle between Trump and the Deep State. Trump must be reelected to drain the swamp.
to drain what swamp? Isn't trump himself a useless swamp? Just take God out of your mad equations.. you think God gives a damn about the madness going on in the US?
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53am On Aug 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:

to drain what swamp? Isn't trump himself a useless swamp? Just take God out of your mad equations.. you think God gives a damn about the madness going on in the US?

We can see that the creepy crawlies are fighting through folks like you who will be in denial of the reality on the ground but know for certain that God is using Trump to drain the swamp either you like it or not. cheesy

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by bayelsaowei(m): 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

We can see that the creepy crawlies are fighting through folks like you who will be in denial of the reality on the ground but know for certain that God is using Trump to drain the swamp either you like it or not. cheesy
grin..youre just a clown my brother..its more like satan is working closely with God through Donald trump..what a charade...
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
bayelsaowei:

grin..youre just a clown my brother..its more like satan is working closely with God through Donald trump..what a charade...

It depends on which side you're on. undecided

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05am On Aug 25, 2020
Swamp Draining In Progress, Fauci out – Ben Garrison Cartoon
Ben Garrison in Political Cartoons August 24, 2020

Fauci Lied, People Died..

Trump condemned the 'Deep State' by name and said they've been dragging their feet when it comes to a vaccine for the coronavirus.

I won't take any sort of vaccine regardless and I'll especially resist a 'mandatory' vaccine. However, progress is being made. Trump named the Deep State and replaced Dr. Fauci, with a certain Dr. Atlas.

Fauci is a puppet of Bill Gates and I'm glad to see him go.

CNN claims there is no such thing as a Deep State. That's one of their more outrageous lies. The Deep State consists of unelected forces who influence government and policy. Remember when Hillary said she takes orders from her 'mothership,' The Council of Foreign Relations?’ What about all the UN and their World Health Organization? What about a legion of NGOs and foundations such as the pernicious Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Rockefeller Foundation? I don't recall voting for Bill Gates as a health and vaccine authority. We also have no say who attends the very influential Bilderberg meetings, held annually. Or the World Economic Forum and all the other acronyms bent on telling us all how things are going to be.

There is also a shadow government consisting of career government functionaries and bureaucrats who are mostly appointees. Presidents come and go, but they remain in place pushing their levers of power to advance and destroy careers. Examples of this are John Brennan and Peter Strzok. They tried to bring down a lawfully elected President.

As for Dr. Atlas, here is what Dr. Paul had to say about the matter:

…”President Trump's hiring of Dr. Scott Atlas to his coronavirus task force may just be that good news we need. As the media has reported, President Trump has sidelined headline-hogging Anthony Fauci in favour of Atlas, the former Stanford University Medical Centre chief of neuroradiology.

Recall, Fauci was the “expert" who told us a few months ago that we would never be able to shake hands again."

Dr. Ron Paul

Ron Paul is a former medical Doctor and knows what he is talking about.

Ben Garrison

Source
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by Subduer: 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
Ola, many thanks for these updates. American VOTERS now have sufficient to be fully PERSUADED to vote for America, instead of China, using the DemonRats to transfer hundreds of billions of dollars to China, in order to cripple the American Economy, like they ruined Russia, through Communism made in the Wall Street. Germany has survived them, almost, alas.

1 Like

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by feedthenation(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
Subduer:

Ola, many thanks for these updates. American VOTERS now have sufficient to be fully PERSUADED to vote for America, instead of China, using the DemonRats to transfer hundreds of billions of dollars to China, in order to cripple the American Economy, like they ruined Russia, through Communism made in the Wall Street. Germany has survived them, almost, alas.

You are welcome, anytime. I can see that you are a lover of the truth which is not common with the democrats. God bless you. wink

American voters who are ardent seekers of the truth will certainly vote for Trump but many of them are on the dark side who are bent on the destruction of America. Imagine Democrats having a logo which seems to imply the destruction of America. undecided

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by feedthenation(m): 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
I'm Billy Graham's granddaughter. Evangelical support of Donald Trump spits on his legacy.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/08/25/billy-graham-evangelicals-support-donald-trump-hypocrisy-column/5625617002/

As the proud granddaughter of the man largely credited for beginning the evangelical movement, the late Billy Graham, the last few years have led me to reflect on how much has changed within that movement in America.

I have spent my entire life in the church, with every big decision guided by my faith. But now, I feel homeless. Like so many others, I feel disoriented as I watch the church I have always served turn their eyes away from everything it teaches. I hear from Christian women on a daily basis who all describe the same thing: a tug at their spirit.

Most of these women walked into a voting booth in 2016 believing they were choosing between two difficult options. They held their breath, closed their eyes, and cast a vote for Donald Trump, whom many of us then believed to be “the lesser of two evils,” all the while feeling that tug.

I feel it every time our president talks about government housing having no place in America’s suburbs. Jesus said repeatedly to defend the poor and show kindness and compassion to those in need. Our president continues to perpetuate an us-versus-them narrative, yet almost all of our church leaders say nothing.

I feel this tug every time our president or his followers speak about the wall, designed to keep out the very people scripture tells us to welcome. In Trump’s America, refugees are not treated as “native-born,” as scripture encourages. Instead, families are separated, held in inconceivable conditions and cast aside as less then.

The church honors Trump before God

Trump went so far as to brag about his plans, accomplishments and unholy actions towards the marginalized communities I saw my grandfather love and serve. I now see, through the silence of church leaders, that these communities are no longer valued by individuals claiming to uphold the values my grandfather taught.

A false gospel: Trump and the 'prosperity gospel' sell false promises to credulous evangelical Christians

The gentle tug became an aggressive yank, for me, earlier this year, when our country experienced division in the form of riots, incited in great part by this president’s divisive rhetoric. I watched our president walk through Lafayette Square in Washington, D.C., after the tear gassing of peaceful protesters for a photo op.

He held a Bible, something so sacred to all of us, yet he treated that Bible with a callousness that would offend anyone intimately familiar with the words inside it. He believed that action would honor him and only him. However, the church, designed to honor God, said nothing.

It seems that the only evangelical leaders to speak up praised the president, with no mention of his behavior that is antithetical to the Jesus we serve. The entire world has watched the term “evangelical” become synonymous with hypocrisy and disingenuousness.

Women of faith know better

I have given myself permission to lean into that tug in my spirit and speak out. I may be against the tide, but I am firm in my faith that this step is most consistent with my church and its teachings.

At a recent large family event, I was pulled aside by many female family members thanking me for speaking out against an administration that they, too, had been uncomfortable with. With tears in their eyes, they used a hushed tone, out of fear that they were alone or at risk of undeserved retribution.

I chose to listen to my spirit and speak out. Not because doing so feels comfortable, but because it feels like the right way to leverage the voice God has empowered me with. Now I am asking all of you that feel as I do, to embrace your inner tug, and allow it to lead you to use the power of your God-given voice and not allow Trump to lead this country for another four years.

Jerushah Duford is an evangelical author, speaker and member of Lincoln Women, a coalition of women in the Lincoln Project. Follow her on Twitter: @jerushahruth

Published 12:00 PM EDT Aug 25, 2020

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
feedthenation:

I'm Billy Graham's granddaughter. Evangelical support of Donald Trump spits on his legacy.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/08/25/billy-graham-evangelicals-support-donald-trump-hypocrisy-column/5625617002/

As the proud granddaughter of the man largely credited for beginning the evangelical movement, the late Billy Graham, the last few years have led me to reflect on how much has changed within that movement in America.

I have spent my entire life in the church, with every big decision guided by my faith. But now, I feel homeless. Like so many others, I feel disoriented as I watch the church I have always served turn their eyes away from everything it teaches. I hear from Christian women on a daily basis who all describe the same thing: a tug at their spirit.

Most of these women walked into a voting booth in 2016 believing they were choosing between two difficult options. They held their breath, closed their eyes, and cast a vote for Donald Trump, whom many of us then believed to be “the lesser of two evils,” all the while feeling that tug.

I feel it every time our president talks about government housing having no place in America’s suburbs. Jesus said repeatedly to defend the poor and show kindness and compassion to those in need. Our president continues to perpetuate an us-versus-them narrative, yet almost all of our church leaders say nothing.

I feel this tug every time our president or his followers speak about the wall, designed to keep out the very people scripture tells us to welcome. In Trump’s America, refugees are not treated as “native-born,” as scripture encourages. Instead, families are separated, held in inconceivable conditions and cast aside as less then.

The church honors Trump before God

Trump went so far as to brag about his plans, accomplishments and unholy actions towards the marginalized communities I saw my grandfather love and serve. I now see, through the silence of church leaders, that these communities are no longer valued by individuals claiming to uphold the values my grandfather taught.

A false gospel: Trump and the 'prosperity gospel' sell false promises to credulous evangelical Christians

The gentle tug became an aggressive yank, for me, earlier this year, when our country experienced division in the form of riots, incited in great part by this president’s divisive rhetoric. I watched our president walk through Lafayette Square in Washington, D.C., after the tear gassing of peaceful protesters for a photo op.

He held a Bible, something so sacred to all of us, yet he treated that Bible with a callousness that would offend anyone intimately familiar with the words inside it. He believed that action would honor him and only him. However, the church, designed to honor God, said nothing.

It seems that the only evangelical leaders to speak up praised the president, with no mention of his behavior that is antithetical to the Jesus we serve. The entire world has watched the term “evangelical” become synonymous with hypocrisy and disingenuousness.

Women of faith know better

I have given myself permission to lean into that tug in my spirit and speak out. I may be against the tide, but I am firm in my faith that this step is most consistent with my church and its teachings.

At a recent large family event, I was pulled aside by many female family members thanking me for speaking out against an administration that they, too, had been uncomfortable with. With tears in their eyes, they used a hushed tone, out of fear that they were alone or at risk of undeserved retribution.

I chose to listen to my spirit and speak out. Not because doing so feels comfortable, but because it feels like the right way to leverage the voice God has empowered me with. Now I am asking all of you that feel as I do, to embrace your inner tug, and allow it to lead you to use the power of your God-given voice and not allow Trump to lead this country for another four years.

Jerushah Duford is an evangelical author, speaker and member of Lincoln Women, a coalition of women in the Lincoln Project. Follow her on Twitter: @jerushahruth

Published 12:00 PM EDT Aug 25, 2020

This grand-daughter is a fake Christian, you should listen to a genuine one who goes by the name Cissie who spoke at the RNC convention last night.

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
feedthenation:

If you want an example of the bearer of false witness you should not look any further. cool

A.F. Branco Cartoon – Bearing False Witness
A.F. BRANCO on August 26, 2020 at 7:40 am
Democrat Convention of Liars
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12211516_thelyingconvention_jpeg7cdfabbf077c33e16400dd54907eaf6c

The Democrat convention very rare occurrences of any truth, but plenty of hate and lies to go around. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2020.

Source
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Why Christians have to vote conscientiously during US 2020 Election.

READ MORE
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14am On Aug 31, 2020
It is Trump vs satan. cool

1 Share

Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by orisa37: 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2020
They're the Witches and Satanists ganging up at every Republican Convention.
Re: Franklin Graham Disturbed By Democratic Convention's 'Absence Of God' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03am On Sep 03, 2020
orisa37:

They're the Witches and Satanists ganging up at every Republican Convention.

How did you know that? undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Us Africa? / Hamas Use Of Human Shields Explained ( Video) / Nepal Embarrasses China, Grounds 6 Chinese Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.