Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Unilag Acting VC Quits - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Acting VC Quits (263 Views)

Professor Folashade Ogunsola Elected As UNILAG Acting VC / Buhari suspends Babalakin as UNILAG Pro-Chancellor, sacks Acting VC / University Of Lagos Appoints Soyombo As Acting VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Acting VC Quits by tonyluyi1985: 5:42am On Aug 23, 2020
Professor Omololu Soyombo, a Professor of Sociology has quit his office as the acting Vice-Chancellor of the University of Lagos.
He said this in an official statement which read:
“The news of the setting up of a Special Visitation Panel to the University of Lagos by the Federal Government was received in the evening of Friday, 21st August 2020.
“The government also directed the University Senate to nominate an Acting Vice-Chancellor for the University, for confirmation by the Governing Council. With this, I am stepping down, with immediate effect, as Acting Vice-Chancellor of the University.
“I wish to express my sincere appreciation to all members of staff and our dear students, the staff unions, alumni and the general public for their wonderful support and cooperation in the past 10 days since my appointment as Acting Vice-Chancellor of the University on 12th August 2020.
“As I noted in my address to a cross-section of staff on 19th August 2020, I accepted the offer to serve as a call to service, with the objective of restoring peace and stability in the university.
“It is my prayer that the peace and stability that we so much need and desire at this time be restored very quickly so that the University of Lagos can continue to march on as the University of First Choice and the Nation’s Pride.”
Source @https://africanbard.com/2020/08/23/unilag-acting-vc-quits/

1 Like

Re: Unilag Acting VC Quits by nkoe1: 5:51am On Aug 23, 2020
bye bye
Re: Unilag Acting VC Quits by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:54am On Aug 23, 2020
Shortest reigned. V. C in any naija tertiary institution.

His decisions were right thou
Re: Unilag Acting VC Quits by sinkhole: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:
Shortest reigned. V. C in any naija tertiary institution.

His decisions were right thou
I think we may have to nominate him for Guinness World Record! Who knows, he may win grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help, I Have Been Trying To Register For Yabatech Post-utme / Breaking News: All Tertiary Institutions In Lagos To Reopen On September 14th. / Chevening UK Government Scholarships Programme 2021/2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.