Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,300 members, 7,957,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:25 PM

I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian (372 Views)

Willian Joined Arsenal To Win The UCL But Instead Left Them Bottom Of The Table / Chelsea Players Celebrate Win, Champions League Final In Dressing Room (Photos) / Pep Guardiola Reveals What Will Happen If Man City Fail To Win Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian by OscarJaden(m): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2020
League” – Willian

Willian says a key factor in his decision to join Arsenal was head coach Mikel Arteta’s plan to win the Champions League in the next three years.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, the Brazilian winger confirmed the target for himself and his new club – whom he joined on a free transfer after leaving Chelsea – is to reach the pinnacle of European football.

Arteta led Arsenal to an FA Cup triumph last season but the club finished eighth in the Premier League, 10 points off the Champions League qualification places.

Willian, however, has belief in his new boss that European football will not only return to the Emirates Stadium, but that the team will be successful in it, Sky reports.

“One of the reasons I wanted a three-year deal was to be part of a plan, not just a player passing through,” he said.

“When I talked with the manager he told me why he needed me for three years.

“It was that he first wanted to qualify for the Champions League and win it by the time I left. That was what I wanted to hear.

“I was at Chelsea for seven years and won everything except the Champions League. Hopefully this move will give me the trophy I haven’t got as well as another Premier League title.”

Re: I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian by pyyxxaro: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2020
This one is either Drunk or Possessed grin
Re: I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian by Joshmodest(m): 7:48am On Aug 23, 2020
I'm an arsenal fan , and I know Willian is whining us, if he said truly said this ....
May God flog him for me !!
Re: I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian by Amotolongbo(f): 7:49am On Aug 23, 2020
Willian should take up comedy roles in Brazilian film industry after his retirement from football
Re: I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian by Timothy6: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2020
Weed
Re: I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2020
Who goes to fetch water in the desert

#COYG all the same.

Re: I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian by adenigga(m): 8:06am On Aug 23, 2020
OscarJaden:
League” – Willian

Willian says a key factor in his decision to join Arsenal was head coach Mikel Arteta’s plan to win the Champions League in the next three years.

Speaking exclusively to The Sun, the Brazilian winger confirmed the target for himself and his new club – whom he joined on a free transfer after leaving Chelsea – is to reach the pinnacle of European football.

Arteta led Arsenal to an FA Cup triumph last season but the club finished eighth in the Premier League, 10 points off the Champions League qualification places.

Willian, however, has belief in his new boss that European football will not only return to the Emirates Stadium, but that the team will be successful in it, Sky reports.

“One of the reasons I wanted a three-year deal was to be part of a plan, not just a player passing through,” he said.

“When I talked with the manager he told me why he needed me for three years.

“It was that he first wanted to qualify for the Champions League and win it by the time I left. That was what I wanted to hear.

“I was at Chelsea for seven years and won everything except the Champions League. Hopefully this move will give me the trophy I haven’t got as well as another Premier League title.”

Hmmnnn, Arsenal & Willian in exams Hall.

Let's wait & see the result now!!!

Flimsy excuse!!!!!!!

Re: I Joined Arsenal To Win Champions League_willian by Beverlyjean(f): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2020
is he mocking us or what??

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool To Earn Further £4.4m If Coutinho Makes 14 Appearance For Club / Kante Reportedly Open To United Move / Zeljko Buvac Hits Out At Klopp, Claims He Was Always ‘the Manager’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.