Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Any Unskilled Work In Canada? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Unskilled Work In Canada? (8946 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria / Uk Bans Non-eu Unskilled Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Any Unskilled Work In Canada? by saharachic(f): 7:41am On Feb 18, 2011
A friend of mine wants to know if he can go to canada as an Unskilled worker on temporary work visa. Is it possible?
And is there any genuine labour master that recruits foreign unskilled workers to canada? urgent responses appreciated.
Re: Any Unskilled Work In Canada? by ifegy: 12:07am On Jul 23, 2011
Google the government of Canada citizenship and immigration website to find out about temporary work visas.

You should be very wary of any body who claims they can get you a job in Canada while you are outside Canada. In most cases, they are only after your money.

Below is copied from the Canada citizenship and immigration website about applying for a temporary work visa from outside Canada.

Working temporarily in Canada: Eligibility to apply
You almost always have to apply for a work permit from outside Canada. Sometimes, you can apply from inside or as you enter Canada. Many of the requirements are the same.

Eligibility to apply from outside Canada
To apply for a work permit from outside Canada, you must submit the following documents:

a job offer from a Canadian employer
a completed application, that shows that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and
written confirmation from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) that the employer can hire a foreign worker to fill the job. This confirmation is called a positive labour market opinion.
In most cases, it is up to your employer to get that written confirmation. Information on the labour market opinion is found under Information for Canadian employers on the right-hand side of this page.
In some cases, you do not need a labour market opinion. (See Jobs that require a work permit but no labour market opinion.)
You must also do the following:

Satisfy a visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your work permit.
Show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family while you are in Canada.
Respect the law and have no criminal record. (You may have to provide a police clearance certificate. See Police Certificates for more information.
Show that you are not a risk to the security of Canada.
Be in good health. (You may have to have a medical examination.)

(1) (Reply)

I Think I Lose My Bargaining Skill / 14 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos / Calabar And Uyo: Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.