Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,142 members, 7,845,782 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election (16951 Views)

Confusion As APC Clears AG Malami For Election, Despite Withdrawing From Race / Bayelsa By-Election: INEC Excludes APC, Clears PDP, 11 Others / Akeredolu And His Wife Vote At Ondo Local Government Election (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by jcross19: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2020
yourgistpartner:
was it free and fair
day time robbery! but my problem is that during the election hours they will take off the light , is that so in western countries? why black things are always opposite!!.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by hush15: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Nigeria and her silly trend

For more than 3years of being a state Governor, they won’t organize the local government election. Just about finishing the first tenure, the state governor will now organize one kangaroo election with no major opposition party participating willingly or forcefully. What happens next? The state ruling party clears all the local government posts

If the Opposition wins the incumbent in the gubernatorial, the local government elected personnels are laid off. Straight away to the court, the litigation of the elected local government chairman against the incumbent governor from the opposition party.

I think it is better the local government election is given to the INEC to handle and not the state electoral commission.

Your last statement is valid after all, LGAs receive directly from federal, LGA already have autonomy and thus should even have their elections done as presidential and state elections at the same time.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by chloride6: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Who wan waste money?

When you can win and be sacked by the Governor?
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by mamotalk: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lady16:
I'm proud to be from sunshine state
you better don't proud in hooliganism. Akeredolu and his cohorts betray the trust the people had in them as learned persons so to say, desecrate the temple of democracy and elevate violence over common sense. what really happened in Ondo State yesterday is nothing but mockery of electoral process. how do you explain a situation whereby electoral officers come to polling units with ballot box already filled with thump-printed ballot papers?

1 Like

Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Essence20(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
In the forthcoming elections- Ondo is APC no doubt...but Edo is PDP for sure.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by hush15: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
bolaayenimo:

https://thenationonlineng.net/apc-clears-ondo-council-poll/

This is where I expect Sowore should even be more aggressive. More participatory. He doesn't need to contest but fully push their candidates. Make noise about cos he has to start from somewhere. If he can't impact elections in his state, is it at the presidency?
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by ipobarethieves: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
shocked sad angry cheesy grin embarassed lipsrsealed
yarimo:
grin grin grin
why u dey shine teeth angry
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by IYANGBALI: 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
Them still never get sense for that area
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Lady16(f): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
mamotalk:

you better don't proud in hooliganism. Akeredolu and his cohorts betray the trust the people had in them as learned persons so to say, desecrate the temple of democracy and elevate violence over common sense. what really happened in Ondo State yesterday is nothing but mockery of electoral process. how do you explain a situation whereby electoral officers come to polling units with ballot box already filled with thump-printed ballot papers?
Did I mention akeredolu or I can't be proud of my state in peace again?

1 Like

Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by membranus: 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
saintokwuluora:
Practice match for October 10 2020, showdown.

Ondo will be APC's equalizer for
the shocking defeat in Edo.

Don't dream it, it will be an evil dream.

Remember, the major opposition parties did not participate in the election.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Thryphosa(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
Congrats Dennis Adekunle, my G.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Nanavati(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2020
and so what?
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Redman44(m): 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
hush15:

This is where I expect Sowore should even be more aggressive. More participatory. He doesn't need to contest but fully push their candidates. Make noise about cos he has to start from somewhere. If he can't impact elections in his state, is it at the presidency?

You beat me to it cool cool cool cool cool. I will start taking Omoyele Sowore serious when he starts thinking about starting from the grassroots and from his State, Ondo State. After losing out at the 2019 Presidential elections, he should have relocated to Ondo State with the goal of becoming the Chairman of his Local Government Area. I don't know if his Party is still active of if it has been de-registered by INEC. Can someone clear the air about the AAC's eligibility, please? Sowore needs to lead his Party to victories at Local Government elections and Senatorial elections first. We need to see him put his ideas into action at the Ondo State grassroots first. After some years building up his Party at the grassroots level, he can then try to represent Ondo State as a Senator in Abuja. Sowore should take the little steps first....

1 Like

Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Redman44(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
membranus:

Don't dream it, it will be an evil dream.

Remember, the major opposition parties did not participate in the election.

I heard the SDP won one LG in Ondo State. Opposition Parties in Nigeria are not serious about grassroots elections sad sad sad sad sad. Let them continue in their stupidity.

1 Like

Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by tope777(m): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
I believe the wining will transform ondo state and give her desire change.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Toscarel: 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
They have rigged ondo silly as usual
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by mamotalk: 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Lady16:
Did I mention akeredolu or I can't be proud of my state in peace again?
what happened yesterday is an eyesore
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
favor914:
Good you are aware, Obaseki has already lost, they are both Apc elected Governors & will remain same.
A pretty babe should speak with some level of intelligence and not follow after ZB's. I think you are smart though even if sentiments may sometime becloud that smartness.I still think you are beautiful and smart enough to know that Edo is already PDP, donated to it by Oshomole.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by earnit5: 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
Only them participated
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by timisquare82(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
Selection not election

1 Like

Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Femijohn198: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Apc thank you for ringing.we know you as master of ringing.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by WATCHOVER(m): 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
favor914:
Good you are aware, Obaseki has already lost, they are both Apc elected Governors & will remain same.
Did you bother to read what the person you quoted wrote?.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Cholison(m): 7:58pm On Aug 23, 2020
Programmed result. As predicted landslide and moonslide result. Long after their death Local Government election in all party controlled states will be adjusted as scam.
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by omoyemirally(f): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2020
It was merely selection and not election

1 Like

Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Aagadingo(m): 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Ballack1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2020
The election was not free and fair at all...People are waiting for governorship election to teach this man a bitter lesson
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by petapata: 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
there was no election in ondo state. it was marred with violence and boxes were carted away. this in no election.
aquadude15:
may God purnish aketi, landmark and little.
I contested under ADC in one of the wards, I won with a landslide, cleared all my unit. all my ballot box was stolen. only God knows when they conducted this sham election they are deckaring
Re: APC Clears Ondo Local Government Election by Kindledlight(m): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
favor914:

Loud it baby grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheriff Gains Control Of Party’s National secretariat / “I Admire President Tinubu’s Proactive Measures With Governance” – Tejere / Do you know anything about "Greater Port Harcourt City?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.