Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up (653 Views)

lagos cleared Toyota Camry 2001 is SOLD! Glory be to God / Lagos Cleared Toyota Camry LE 2001 is sold sold . / Spotless Tin-can Cleared Toyota Camry 2001 is SOLD .Glory b 2 God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by mkyusuf: 9:07am On Feb 18, 2011
Pls guys in the house my Civic 2001 has been messing up.
Whenever its works for like 1 hr or a relatively long distance and the engine is hot especially hot afternoons.
It jst goes off , when u restart it starts but wont move fast any more, it would be in like gear one or two (automatic).
if i off the engine and allow it to cool off it picks up normally and moves very fast again.
When this prob. started i tot it was over heating so i changed the radiator fan from the thermostat mode to normal i made them off the check engine light with computer but still its still doing the same thing. and it always shows maintanance required b4, even if i do the service but now the maintenance required light blinks for a longer time.
now a mechanic tested the car with an electronic device like a computer so it detected that silencer sensor and one other sensor needs to be changed. but i dont think thats d problem cos some other pple said its the fuel pump some say its the gear box and some say its the nozzles, pls i need your advise on what to do cos d car is less than a year old. pls pls
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by justmoore: 9:42am On Feb 18, 2011
the fuel pump is weak.
pls, replace the fuel pump with original and recomend fuel pump of its, 'cos I hard such experience.
thnx
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by mkyusuf: 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2011
Just moore! thank you very much for your response!!!
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by justmoore: 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2011
u r welcome.
have u tried it?
Re: Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up by mdautotec(m): 11:48pm On Feb 21, 2011
Greetings.
Please run a fuel pressure test. Common problem with Honda Civic 2001 is camshaft sensor failure, and fuel pump failure. It would do no harm to also check the level, and condition of the transmission fluid.

I would stronlgy recommend, if you do find a faulty pump, you most definitely should service the 4 fuel injectors, replace the fuel pump strainer, service the fuel pump case, and use compressed air to blow out the fuel lines. The case houses the fuel pump, and is located beneath the rear (bench) seat. The pump must be fitted properly as there is an O-ring seal in the casing, and if weak or not fitted properly during replacement you will lose fuel pressure at this point. Also the fuel case must be handled carefully as it also has the fuel sending unit mounted to it.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Best regards

Manoj Dadlani
HAMA Enterprises (Nig.) Ltd.
Iddo Railway park
Chisco Transport Compound
(opposite Leventis building / Iddo house)
Iddo
Lagos
Tel: (01) 4803883 / 7749560
Mobile: 08026158430 / 01-7764590

(1) (Reply)

Any One Has Or Know Where I Can Get A Toyota Spyder? 2001 Upwards / Mercedes Ml Jeep For N4.3m / SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2000 Model Nissan Xterra @ Cheapest Rates Call 08060679422

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.