Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election (972 Views)

Why Asiwaju Will Most Likely Be A One Term President: Northern Plot Takes Shape! / I Will Not Contest Kogi Election Results At Tribunal – Dino Melaye / Sowore: Kola Abiola Should not Contest Against Me (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 12:01am On Aug 24, 2020
A mental opinion:

It is not that I know Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as much as I have positioned myself now, to attempt to talk about his very important moment, which is NOW!

The sudden surge in the number of northerners accepting power shift to Southern Nigeria in 2023 has doused the initial gravity I exerted against the initial idea of the north insisting on staying in power after President Muhammadu Buhari's completion of his terms of office. It just has to be very gentlemanly, and this opinion is happy about it.

And again, the early herald of Elder Babachir David Lawal, erstwhile Secretary to the Government of the Federation, and that of the frontline northern leader, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, who both opined near divine rebuke, and a certain certainty, as it is, first, in Elder Lawal position, which had it that the Asiwaju should be allowed to freely contest the 2023 Presidential, as if anything seems to be enroute that time to stop him.

And in a futuristic hope, our elder statesman, Tanko Yakassai hazarded the unnecessary guess of how a Bola Ahmed Tinubu's administration would do better than the present Muhammadu Buhari's administration. He is, however, entitled to his opinion.

In the face of the fact that government is a continuum, and a Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration would only be building and expanding upon the foundations laid by the present administration, just like this administration is a continuation of the Jonathan's administration. In spite of partisan differences, the Nigerian Presidency is a single monolithic governing entity.

Nevertheless, while some are projecting Asiwaju Bola Tinubu very excellently, as the possible next President Nigerians will admit, some others are doing everything to pull him down, and make him likely illegible to participate in the next presidential elections, but the truth is that until the Asiwaju decides to contest in the 2023 Presidential poll, and he openly declares his interest in the race, let no one expect that the Asiwaju will contest the next presidential election.

Why am I saying this?

The Asiwaju appears as the only politician in this country who understands the advantage of winning elections, and he remains the biggest political strategist in our polity. He knows the elections he would win in order for it to be beneficial to him in his always futuristic and advance political permutations.

The Asiwaju is a progressives' politician, who believes in the progress of partisan politics than he sees political power in occupying political offices. The Asiwaju remains the most powerful Nigerian politician today, who holds no office, but welds the greatest political influence in the politics of our country.

In 3 political re-equationing in this country, in order to position his political party to win elections, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has had to give up his interest in becoming a senator after he was governor in 2007, and when in the 3rd Republic, he was coasting to becoming our Senate President, the Old Breed/New Breed of Ibrahim Babangida's political dichotomy, which disarmed Shehu Musa Yar'Adua presidency, and threw up MKO Abiola, had Bola raised Dr Iyorchia Ayu to take his place, as senate president, just as he also did, a few years back, with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

One thing that I know mentally about Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu - though I have only been opportuned to sit with him once, in a 2am "Alliance for Democracy" meeting concerning Taraba State, when my brother, Rimamnde Bitrus Nuhu was primed by him to fly the AD governorship flag for the State. The meeting, which held in the Governor's Chalet in the Lagos State Government Guest House in Ikeja, Lagos, in 2002, was the only opportunity I had to meet the Asiwaju bodily - is that the he will never contest in any election he knows he would not win.

So, it is possible for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to support another candidate of the APC to win the next Presidential election if he believes that he will not win the presidential victory for his party.

But if he shows an interest in the election, he, then, would be persuaded that he is the best option his party has, and in this case, this opinion does not see any other politician in the APC contesting that can succeed in standing against him. And nothing would stop him from winning the election to which he submits himself to contest.

More than office occupation, Bola Tinubu believes in enjoying the victories he wins at elections. He would not mind returning home to await the next victory for his party. This is what many Nigerians do not know about the Jagaban Borgu.

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Uyo, Nigeria. 08102466347 (Whatsapp text only pls). Email: time.subsidaries@gmail.com.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2020
IniAkpanMorgan:
A mental opinion:

It is not that I know Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as much as I have positioned myself now, to attempt to talk about his very important moment, which is NOW!

The sudden surge in the number of northerners accepting power shift to Southern Nigeria in 2023 has doused the initial gravity I exerted against the initial idea of the north insisting on staying in power after President Muhammadu Buhari's completion of his terms of office. It just has to be very gentlemanly, and this opinion is happy about it.

And again, the early herald of Elder Babachir David Lawal, erstwhile Secretary to the Government of the Federation, and that of the frontline northern leader, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, who both opined near divine rebuke, and a certain certainty, as it is, first, in Elder Lawal position, which had it that the Asiwaju should be allowed to freely contest the 2023 Presidential, as if anything seems to be enroute that time to stop him.

And in a futuristic hope, our elder statesman, Tanko Yakassai hazarded the unnecessary guess of how a Bola Ahmed Tinubu's administration would do better than the present Muhammadu Buhari's administration. He is, however, entitled to his opinion.

In the face of the fact that government is a continuum, and a Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration would only be building and expanding upon the foundations laid by the present administration, just like this administration is a continuation of the Jonathan's administration. In spite of partisan differences, the Nigerian Presidency is a single monolithic governing entity.

Nevertheless, while some are projecting Asiwaju Bola Tinubu very excellently, as the possible next President Nigerians will admit, some others are doing everything to pull him down, and make him likely illegible to participate in the next presidential elections, but the truth is that until the Asiwaju decides to contest in the 2023 Presidential poll, and he openly declares his interest in the race, let no one expect that the Asiwaju will contest the next presidential election.

Why am I saying this?

The Asiwaju appears as the only politician in this country who understands the advantage of winning elections, and he remains the biggest political strategist in our polity. He knows the elections he would win in order for it to be beneficial to him in his always futuristic and advance political permutations.

The Asiwaju is a progressives' politician, who believes in the progress of partisan politics than he sees political power in occupying political offices. The Asiwaju remains the most powerful Nigerian politician today, who holds no office, but welds the greatest political influence in the politics of our country.

In 3 political re-equationing in this country, in order to position his political party to win elections, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has had to give up his interest in becoming a senator after he was governor in 2007, and when in the 3rd Republic, he was coasting to becoming our Senate President, the Old Breed/New Breed of Ibrahim Babangida's political dichotomy, which disarmed Shehu Musa Yar'Adua presidency, and threw up MKO Abiola, had Bola raised Dr Iyorchia Ayu to take his place, as senate president, just as he also did, a few years back, with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

One thing that I know mentally about Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu - though I have only been opportuned to sit with him once, in a 2am "Alliance for Democracy" meeting concerning Taraba State, when my brother, Rimamnde Bitrus Nuhu was primed by him to fly the AD governorship flag for the State. The meeting, which held in the Governor's Chalet in the Lagos State Government Guest House in Ikeja, Lagos, in 2002, was the only opportunity I had to meet the Asiwaju bodily - is that the he will never contest in any election he knows he would not win.

So, it is possible for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to support another candidate of the APC to win the next Presidential election if he believes that he will not win the presidential victory for his party.

But if he shows an interest in the election, he, then, would be persuaded that he is the best option his party has, and in this case, this opinion does not see any other politician in the APC contesting that can succeed in standing against him. And nothing would stop him from winning the election to which he submits himself to contest.

More than office occupation, Bola Tinubu believes in enjoying the victories he wins at elections. He would not mind returning home to await the next victory for his party. This is what many Nigerians do not know about the Jagaban Borgu.

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Uyo, Nigeria. 08102466347 (Whatsapp text only pls). Email: time.subsidaries@gmail.com.
And how is Uyo tonight?
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Mynd44: 5:03am On Aug 24, 2020
Anyone who thinks Tinubu will contest to be president doesn't understand anything
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Juliusmomoh: 5:05am On Aug 24, 2020
Mynd44:
Anyone who thinks Tinubu will contest to be president doesn't understand anything
Yes oo..
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 24, 2020
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by omlueh(m): 5:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Trust and believe Politicians at your own Peril
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by seanfer(m): 5:33am On Aug 24, 2020
Tinubu is the only politician in the country who did not seek for federal elective post since 2007 and he is still relevant in Nigerian politics since then.
He will not contest the 2023 election. What he’s doing is to have everything work for his anointed candidate and we all know that is Vice President Osinbajo.
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by spy24(m): 5:34am On Aug 24, 2020
APC go shock west
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Pollosa1: 5:55am On Aug 24, 2020
cheesy
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by helinues: 6:10am On Aug 24, 2020
That should be the normal thing though
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by IvarTheBoneless: 7:20am On Aug 24, 2020
Mynd44:

Please explain.

Tinubu hardly speaks and so he's an enigma.

One can only guess his motives hence my curiosity at how sure you're.

I am sure I would learn something.

1 Like

Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2020
Tinubu knows his battles... you would be shocked he might even loose the party ticket if he decides to contest.
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Wisedove(m): 7:26am On Aug 24, 2020
Bola Ahmed Tinubu might not contest directly as the presidential candidate but he will definitely do that indirectly. When I said indirectly i mean he would be the one to nominate someone that's very loyal to his call for the presidential race.

1 Like

Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by rxmusa(m): 7:30am On Aug 24, 2020
If I hear
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Magicians: 7:34am On Aug 24, 2020
Tinubu Ahmed Tinubu the nightmare of foolish Igbos on NL. Their father will be pissing in their wretched pant on sighting the news about you.

Imagine a group of pathetic soul claiming Atiku that supervised the privatization of NITEL n many federal government companies, awarded himself all the port in the SS. Only God know how many oil blocks he owns is not as rich as a Tinubu who governored a none oil producing state ?

This is what irredeemable bigotry n acute foolishness did to many Igbos. It prevent them from being able to use their brain. Some time many of these lunatics will still be shouting southern unity when they are hell bent on bringing a southerner down just because nobody from their tribe can contest / win a free n fair election with Jagaban Borgu today.

Tinubu I am not like you but I appreciate how you torment foolish soul that hate out of of bigotry, on your mandate we stand. Any igbo is free to commit suicide. Those who claim they hate you cos of corruption came sent Kalu Orji, Abaribe Theodore Orji n Co to the senate. Elected kleptomaniac like colossus failure Ikpeazu, Ugwuanyi Umahi as governor. Funny set of clown.

Jusy in case you want to quote do not that committing suicide is constitutionally guaranteed by the federal republic of Nigeria so pls do not desist from doing that early this morning as your pathetic wail of sorrow agony misery n anguish gladdens my heart.

1 Like

Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by chucks185: 7:48am On Aug 24, 2020
no time reading assleaking thread this morning
Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by Magicians: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2020
This is so apt., nothing else to add.

submarine:
Tinubu Ahmed Tinubu the nightmare of foolish Igbos on NL. Their father will be pissing in their wretched pant on sighting the news about you.

Imagine a group of pathetic soul claiming Atiku that supervised the privatization of NITEL n many federal government companies, awarded himself all the port in the SS. Only God know how many oil blocks he owns is not as rich as a Tinubu who governored a none oil producing state ?

This is what irredeemable bigotry n acute foolishness did to many Igbos. It prevent them from being able to use their brain. Some time many of these lunatics will still be shouting southern unity when they are hell bent on bringing a southerner down just because nobody from their tribe can contest / win a free n fair election with Jagaban Borgu today.

Tinubu I am not like you but I appreciate how you torment foolish soul that hate out of of bigotry, on your mandate we stand. Any igbo is free to commit suicide. Those who claim they hate you cos of corruption came sent Kalu Orji, Abaribe Theodore Orji n Co to the senate. Elected kleptomaniac like colossus failure Ikpeazu, Ugwuanyi Umahi as governor. Funny set of clown.

Jusy in case you want to quote do not that committing suicide is constitutionally guaranteed by the federal republic of Nigeria so pls do not desist from doing that early this morning as your pathetic wail of sorrow agony misery n anguish gladdens my heart.

1 Like

Re: Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election by 35824L: 9:54am On Aug 24, 2020
If the Jagaban contests, he will win. If he doesn't, he will choose who will succeed PMB. That's real power. Something that breeds jealousy in iboes.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian American Man, Mathias Arrested Wrongly By Texas Police For “jogging / Buhari’s nominee to ICC Ishaq Bello lacks competence: Selection Committee / Lagos #EndSARS protesters reject soft drinks donated by MC Oluomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.