Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud (1756 Views)

EFCC Gathering Intel On Nigerians Indicted In US – Magu / Full List Of Nigerians Indicted For $1.1B Internet Scam In The US / Abeokuta: Court jails man for refusal to pay N17,000 gamble fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by vigopress: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2020
By Adeyemi Obadimu

One of Africa’s biggest financial institutions, Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) and popular betting company, Bet9ja have been accused by one Mrs Funke Adeoye for defrauding her of N230,000.

NEWSEXTRA gathered that Mrs Adeoye's money was used to play a popular online gambling which is known as Bet9ja.

Funke Adeoye, a customer of GTBank is in sorrow presently as the bank defrauded her the sum of two hundred and thirty thousand naira, #230,000.00 on Saturday 15th of August 2020.

Adeoye while recounting her ordeal to NEWSEXTRA expressed her shock at the dubious act by the bank especially.
"I don't believe the bank can stoop so low to use my money to play gamble. I am using Abule Tailor GTBank branch, in Abule Egba Area of Lagos State. Exactly 12:23am on this faithful day, I received a debit alert of One hundred thousand naira (#100,000.00) twice and the money was sent to KC GAMING NETWORKS LTD, a bet9ja account which their address was located at 9 Funsho Williams Avenue Ojuelegba Lagos, Nigeria.

‘At daybreak, another two different number bought five thousand naira recharge card with my account in six places at the total of thirty thousand naira.

"When I woke up and see the debit alert on my phone, I felt frustrated and didn't know what to do because as at Friday before I slept 700 thousand naira was in my account, I waited patiently till Monday.

"I went to the bank, and after getting there, one of their staff said that someone close to me might have tampered with my phone or pin, in which I told him nobody have access to my phone and pin. He checked and said i should come back in 48 hours and I left, but unfortunately for me I didn't hear from them at my branch in Abule Tailor, Lagos".

"I was advised to inform the police about what happened to my money and I went to Ikeja police command to lodge complain, hoping to receive a positive response from the bank but nothing have been done till now, that shows they intentionally defrauded me and use my money to play bet9ja over the weekend." Adeoye frowned"

"However, the police promised to swung into action and bring the fraudster into justice.

"After waiting for 48hours, I went back to the bank on Wednesday to use alternative avenue to speak with them which is GTBank connect. I told them they are escalating on my account and it will take them how many days before they can swing into action to revert my money and i was told it will take a long process.

"As a reputable organization, they can't swing into action immediately to get who defrauded their customer? You forwarded my money to KC GAMING NETWORKS LTD and you can't do anything about it, even the numbers that were used to purchase five thousand naira reachage card are showing on your system.

"My money was sent to gambling office and I was told to wait for a long period of time, that means the bank action to defraud their customers is real because i didn't disclose my PIN, BVN to anybody, so the fault is from the bank.

"Even inside the bank a customer who has had such similar experience advised me to take a legal action because if I don't, GTBank will not look into the matter and they will not refund the money, he told me the bank are now becoming fraudulent nowadays".

Adeoye promised NEWSEXTRA that she will appear on our Facebook page live and other social media handles to tell the whole world her experience with GTBank.

All efforts to get the reaction of the GTBank Abule Tailor branch manager and bet9ja office at surulere proved abortive as at time of filling this report.

Source: https://www.newsextra.com.ng/2020/08/gtbank-bet9ja-indicted-in-n230000.html

Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by SweetJoystick(m): 9:21am On Aug 24, 2020
Bet9ja can reveal the owner of the account who was credited with such amount
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by raker300: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2020
This isn’t the first time nor will it be the last time gtb has been indicted in a fraud case.

Too bad the management is enjoying the largess of being buddy buddy with someone in aso rock.
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by GamalNasser: 9:30am On Aug 24, 2020
Definitely done by people you know

1 Like

Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by anibi9674: 9:32am On Aug 24, 2020
Matter o
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2020
GamalNasser:
Definitely done by people you know

Exactly! Accusing GTB of fraud is a sheer waste of effort!

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by yenereal(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2020
angry

Bet9ja knows the person. Just contact them.
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by Orire01(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2020
Hmmmm

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by 2shure: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2020
Save your owoe in blockchain with 1st 2nd password with otp. And have rest of mind.me wey type 20k from atm. Atm dispense 15k till date my 5k no return. The whole country is messed up. Sorry o aunty.chai

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by Olarewaju89: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2020
This is serious oo

I hate that gtbank with passion. undecided

One of the useless bank i detest so much.
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
Gtbank Is still owning me since 6months now
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by ATTAHDYE(m): 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
what you need to do is to write both GT Bank and Bet9ja to reveal the identity of the person that used your card to make that payment.

from my experience it is usually someone close or you compromised your card details and pin number.
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by majiddele75: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
Pierocash:
This Is very easy to handle by the police, the details of the person is in their system, bet9ja also has the details. So why is the police and the bank not acting on it?

Stop leaving your money in the bank, I always tell people. Store your money in your bitcoin wallet simple.
But sir, what about the risk of bitcoin crashing and other stuff?
I have some change in my account, but I have been skeptical about your suggestion...

1 Like

Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by Shellsploit: 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2020
Wheres Lalasticlala sef shocked
The person wan play 2odds then dey expect green orange cheesy cheesy
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
majiddele75:

But sir, what about the risk of bitcoin crashing and other stuff?
I have some change in my account, but I have been skeptical about your suggestion...

I hate Gtbank, they have nothing to offer, up till now, they are owning me
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
Check your sons very well before bringing the police. How can gtb use your money to play bet9ja? Someone close to you did it and looks like a guy. The person probably lost a bet and was trying to recoup what he lost hence the heavy withdrawal.
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by majiddele75: 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2020
Pierocash:
bitcoin doesn't crash, there may be some drop in value on the short term, but it increases daily. 20k bitcoin last year is over 50k this year, bitcoin doesn't crash. Just secure your wallet with 2fa to prevent hackers, that's all
What does 2fa mean?
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by majiddele75: 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
Pierocash:
2 Factor Authenticator, using your mobile number, once you login, they send a code to your mobile number to authenticate your login
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by majiddele75: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
Pierocash:
2 Factor Authenticator, using your mobile number, once you login, they send a code to your mobile number to authenticate your login
I can use blockchain.com right?
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by majiddele75: 12:00am On Aug 25, 2020
Pierocash:
yes, or luno
sorry i ask to many questions, please pardon me
which would you recommend now... bitcoin or etherium?
Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by escohido123: 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
Pierocash:
This Is very easy to handle by the police, the details of the person is in their system, bet9ja also has the details. So why is the police and the bank not acting on it?

Stop leaving your money in the bank, I always tell people. Store your money in your bitcoin wallet simple.

So dat u will hack the wallet and steal everything abi.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank,bet9ja Indicted In N230,000 Gamble Fraud by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
This is the work of some corrupt staffs in GTB. ....those young staffs they newly employed are really causing problems..the bank should act now

(1) (Reply)

Fraud Alert Naija Get Help / 10 Million In Cash: Yahoo Boy Boldly Flaunts A Bag Full Of Money [watch Video] / Armed Thief WANTED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.