Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

5 Businesses To Start With Less Than 100K In Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Businesses To Start With Less Than 100K In Nigeria. (205 Views)

5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / 16 Businesses To Start In Nigeria With N50,000 Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Businesses To Start With Less Than 100K In Nigeria. by enricodollars: 10:44am On Aug 24, 2020
1. Soap business to start with less than 100K Naira

I am not talking about some kind of no-fragrance soap. I am talking about luxury soap with a yummy appearance – just that you cannot eat it:-). The equipments, work tools and materials for making a soap are not so expensive. The first thing you will need to do here is to educate yourself further about soap making, create a business plan and decide what which niche you want to serve.

In soap making, you can strictly decide to serve cooperate clients like hotels and restaurants or you develop a retail brand of soap you sell strictly to smaller retailers. You can decide to go into direct to customer selling which is very time intensive.I always advice my students to choose between focusing on production or focusing on retailing. Doing both is possible but it will not allow you grow fast into a world-class business.

2. Food stuff delivery service business
Food delivery business to start with less than 100K Naira

As Africas population begin to grow massively, migration from rural areas to urban areas is increasing. What does this mean for you as an entrepreneur? We have seen this happen in Europe. People begin to live very fast lives and are disconnected to healthy source of food. Soon health issues increases and people then get conscious about what they eat. This would happen in Africa soon. So now, you have the opportunity to build a fresh business idea by connecting local farmers to the urban areas.

Wait!

==================================================================================
Are You a Small Business Owner or Do you do business in Nigeria?

Then Get These 3 FREE Ebooks To Help Your Business Hustle

1. How To Apply For Grants, Loans And Connect To Investors With Your Business Plan
2. Business Plan Writing Training
3. How To Make Money From Business Plan Writing

Chat me Up on Whatsapp To Get The for FREE

+1 713 893 7110

==================================================================================

Let’s continue please!

3. Affiliate marketing or direct sales business.
Affiliate business to start with less than 100K Naira

The concept of direct selling is not new to Africans at all. Actually it is laid in our DNA. Remember those ladies selling clothes on campus? Or that your mums friend selling Ankara fabric to her friends, including your mother? Remember Aso-ebi? Global brands like Tupperware and Avon have long mastered this business and are multi-million dollar companies.

They offer customers the opportunity to build a network and sell the products. The advantage here is that you are showered with amazing tools and selling techniques. The cost to start is very little. So you can primarily learn from them and build your network of direct selling with local products from producers within your country. With some great communication skills you can select a good number of unique products to sell to your network.

4. Perfume production business
Perfume business idea to start with less than 100K Naira

This business requires basic chemistry knowledge though, but with a capital of less than 100K Naira, you are good to go. If you do your homework, meaning educate yourself more about the art and chemistry of perfume making and you have the right product and packaging, you can target high class professionals like bankers, marketers and other service professional, because they just “need” to smell good, right?

Like I mentioned, packaging is key in this business. Even due to the fact that perfumes have a very long shave life, meaning they do not get spoilt easily, you can quickly grow this business into an exportation business. It is always safer to have one product line and make sure it reaches more customers around the world than to expand to many product line in the same location.

5. Fashion retail business
Fashion business idea to start with less than 100K Naira

In this sector, you have so many option and mind you, Africa is a massive market. When I view fashion as a business, I am in no way referring to high-end fashion or what they call “Haute Couture”. That is not where the big money is. Look at brands like Zara, H&M, Mango, Asos and such. Although I do not recommend their some of their business ethics, it is clear that these retail houses are leading when it comes to fashion and you know why? Because they discovered and focused on the mass market.

So you as an aspiring entrepreneur in Africa, where the mass market is massive like hell, I wonder why we do not have real big or multiple mass fashion retail brands. There is a way to start off your retails brand and grow it into a chain with very little cash. Start with a consistent pop-up plan in strategic locations and leverage the power of digital marketing.

Conclusion – Its not all about cash, it is about if you know how to start!

There are more ideas and remember I only introduced 5 business ideas to start with less capital.

Thank you so much for reading this very long article. I know, it is long. Sorry jare (Nigerian slang), but I just felt it is important to share this knowledge for the common good.

Wait!

Are You a Small Business Owner or Do you do business in Nigeria?

Then Get These 3 FREE Ebooks To Help Your Business Hustle

1. How To Apply For Grants, Loans And Connect To Investors With Your Business Plan
2. Business Plan Writing Training
3. How To Make Money From Business Plan Writing

Chat me Up on Whatsapp To Get The for FREE

+1 713 893 7110

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Opinions / Closed! / Tron Airdrop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.