Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State (850 Views)

Many Injured As ‘Soldiers’ Set Ogun Police Station On Fire / Controversy Trails Abuja Rice Pyramid Show, As Farmers Reporedly Scam CBN / Insecurity: Food Crisis Looms As Farmers Abandon Farms In Benue, Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by AniOmaa: 11:54am On Aug 24, 2020
By Jeremiah Oke

Many residents of Ikoyi-Ile, Orire Local Government, Oyo State, were on Saturday injured in a clash between them and herdsmen in the area.

The residents, most of them farmers, had threatened to resort to further self-help if the Oyo State government failed to protect them from suspected herdsmen they alleged had been terrorising their community.

The farmers alleged the herders had killed one of them, raped their minors, destroyed their farmlands and had been terrorizing their community, giving them sleepless nights.

A chieftaincy title holder in the local government, the Babalaje (chief trader) of Agbe, Chief Joseph Oyekola, told our correspondent that the herdsmen were "seriously disturbing" the farmers in the community and urged he state government to intervene.

Oyekola said, "We don't know what to do. If we take any step to revenge, it might lead to bloodshed. We want the government to take the necessary steps. Our king, who is supposed to defend us, has failed in his duties; he is now supporting the herdsmen against us.

"Herdsmen cut off the hands of one of our workers on the farm. They destroyed our farm produce. Another farmer was macheted on the head and some others were injured, while two of our minors were raped."

A farmer, Usman Daudu, alleged that herdsmen destroyed 20 hectares of his farmland on which he planted maize, yam and tomato, adding they also injured him on the head with cutlasses as he attempted to chase them away.

Another farmer, Dominic Gbegbi, said the herdsmen destroyed his produce and macheted him 14 times when they invaded his farm with their cows.

The Onikoyi of Ikoyi-Ile, Oba Abdul-Yekeen Atilola Oladipupo, however, said that he had been making efforts to initiate peaceful co-existence between the farmers and herders in the area.

Oba Oladipupo said, "We have tried to resolve the issue many times because it's difficult to separate farmers from herders. We have been living together for a while. I have taken a lot of steps on the matter to find a lasting solution to it, but it seems my efforts are not enough, so we need government's intervention.

"I've had series of meetings with all the Baales (local chiefs) around me to find a permanent solution to the issue. In fact, I even had meetings with the Assistant Inspector-General of Police and the Commissioner of Police and they assured me they would come to our aid."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://allafrica.com/stories/202008240086.html&ved=0ahUKEwir6dnx0bPrAhUQWqwKHchbA6w4ChDF9AEIKTAA&usg=AOvVaw2cUFN2N_U0K8sg3iTVZfFF
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by Righteousness89(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2020
Lord , Heal our Land..
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by Juliusmomoh: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
The lord is my guard..
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by Brandstudio01: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
What a country.
Everyday one bloodshed or the other. No good news at all
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by SmartProf(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
In all of these, the Nigerian security forces are absent.. but when unarmed protesters are still contemplating to set out, our security agents immediately will mobilize. Unfortunately political leaders in various regions no longer condemn terrible activities done by these herdsmen, for fear of not tampering with their political future. To worsen matters, most affected idiots have vowed to continue worshipping these leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by LukasPodolski: 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
fake news..

a jobless nyamiri is on rampage...

all these just to divert our attention from yesterday's humiliation of toothless ipob in Enugu..

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by goodnessme1(f): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
You won't see comments from those yorubas rejoicing over the killing of Igbo youths.

Their only joy is to see Igbos killed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by AniOmaa: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
LukasPodolski:
fake news..

a jobless nyamiri is on rampage...

all these just to divert our attention from yesterday's humiliation of toothless ipob in Enugu..

LMAO
Oponu it's on every credible news outlet including vanguard and punch (an Afonja media outlet)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/oyo-farmers-raise-alarm-over-attacks-from-herdsmen/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwjE0ay06rPrAhUEPK0KHcqlALY4ChDIzwEILjAB&usg=AOvVaw0oMoXan11wxdqfAdBzHufo&ampcf=1

Keep gloating over Ipob who easily overpowered your useless and incompetent security units unarmed, till they cowardly called in the army for reinforcements after getting their asses kicked by mere civilians. Meanwhile Bororo boys are chopping your ritualistic afonja heads off and raping your women in the South wastee grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by AniOmaa: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
goodnessme1:
You won't see comments those yorubas rejoicing over the killing of Igbo youths.

Their only joy is to see Igbos killed
You dey mind those skull mining subhumans, Ipob will continue to be their nightmare. Useless bunch of conquered Kwara rats.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by LukasPodolski: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
AniOmaa:

Oponu it's on every credible news outlet including vanguard and punch (an Afonja media outlet)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/oyo-farmers-raise-alarm-over-attacks-from-herdsmen/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwjE0ay06rPrAhUEPK0KHcqlALY4ChDIzwEILjAB&usg=AOvVaw0oMoXan11wxdqfAdBzHufo&ampcf=1

Keep gloating over Ipob who easily overpowered your useless and incompetent security units unarmed, till they cowardly called in the army for reinforcements after getting their asses kicked by mere civilians. Meanwhile Bororo boys are chopping your ritualistic afonja heads off and raping your women in the South wastee grin
E pain am..
Jobless ipob yoot..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by kayusely70(m): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
Where Are The Amotekun And The Agbekoya?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by ThatFairGuy1: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
AniOmaa:

AniOmaa:

You dey mind those skull mining subhumans, Ipob will continue to be their nightmare. Useless bunch of conquered Kwara rats.

Believe me, this will be settled within short time. UNLIKE Ndi Igbo that will threat explosively and do nothing after.

Pictures doesn't lie, a whole Governor crying over this same issue In your region. What a Shame

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by IamWonderful: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
ok
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by AniOmaa: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

[s]
Believe me, this will be settled within short time. UNLIKE Ndi Igbo that will threat explosively and do nothing after.

Pictures doesn't lie, a whole Governor crying over this same issue In your region. What a Shame
[/s]
I don't care about your guttural rants, go and fix the Bororo herdsmen ravaging your land and KWARAnizing your father's land and property with your useless Amotekun band of chicken catchers, rather than wanking off with your small diccks over Ipob and Biafra issues.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by Yankee101: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
Herdsmen! Herdsmen!! Herdsmen!!!
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by nairalandankrah: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
Their zone is burning, but IPOB is their problem..
They should Keep chasing rat, soon they'll have no home to go to

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by IamWonderful: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
AniOmaa:

Cry more product of poverty capital of the south, baby factory ritualism, drug trafficking developers, scammers, inhuman ozulubu church killing, rapist and incest capital of Nigeria, iPod killing is tip of the iceberg
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by AniOmaa: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Where's Amotekun when you need them? after Igbos are done colonizing your region, we will band with the fulani to declare a new Ilorin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by ThatFairGuy1: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
AniOmaa:

[/s]
I don't care about your guttural rants, go and fix the Bororo herdsmen ravaging your land and KWARAnizing your father's land and property, rather than wanking off with your small diccks over Ipob and Biafra.
Now I know who you are with some of your selective use of words cheesy.
Why always changing Monika.
Besides, I've told you times without Number that how you sees Kwara, your perspective is quite different from reality.
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by ThatFairGuy1: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
AniOmaa:

Where's Amotekun when you need them? after Igbos are done colonizing your region, we will band with the fulani to declare a new Ilorin grin
What won't we see from you people undecided
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by AniOmaa: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
IamWonderful:
Cry more product of poverty capital of the south, baby factory ritualism, drug trafficking developers, scammers, inhuman ozulubu church killing, rapist and incest capital of Nigeria, iPod killing is tip of the iceberg
Imagine a mere afonja pig having the temerity to enumerate the vices of the Igbos, I laugh in Taiwanese cheesy grin grin. We know which region indexes the highest rate of ritual killings in Nigeria, Ogun state alone has recorded more incidents of grotesque ritual killings and practices ranging from skull mining to body parts harvesting and transactions. So let's not start open our nyanshes from that angle grin

Drug trafficking yes we hold the forte here, but majority your people have been nabbed for many and various other serious crimes just in the past few months, especially for cyber fraud both nationally and internationally. I recently saw a list of most wanted Nigerian nationals wanted for all forms of crimes in the USA and had fled to Nigeria, and yaribanza pigs dominated the list.

The people from the poverty capital of the South are the same ones that have bought up lots of your properties and undeveloped lands all over yaribanza land, shebi it wasn't long ago your old father's and Uncle's were shamelessly begging Tinubu to come save them from been displaced in Ladipo by Igbos grin... keep fooling yourselves with some fake stats concocted by your Lagos-Ibadan expressway media.

Now A Yoruba man calling an Igbo man a rapist and scammer has to be the biggest joke of the new decade, I mean Hushpuppy alone has made the cream of headline for scam and criminality for Nigeria alone this year... the man of the year so far, and he's an afonjazzy. If you Google rape news reports for Nigeria this year alone(I dare you to actually), we can easily see which region per stats have the highest numbers of rape cases in Nigeria alone...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by AniOmaa: 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

[s]Now I know who you are with some of your selective use of words cheesy.
Why always changing Monika.
Besides, I've told you times without Number that how you sees Kwara, your perspective is quite different from reality.
[/s]
Nonsense and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by IamWonderful: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
AniOmaa:

Imagine a mere afonja pig having the temerity to enumerate the vices of the Igbos, I laugh in Taiwanese cheesy grin grin. We know which region indexes the highest rate of ritual killings in Nigeria, Ogun state alone has recorded more incidents of grotesque ritual killings and practices ranging from skull mining to body parts harvesting and transactions. So let's not start open our nyanshes from that angle grin

Drug trafficking yes we hold the forte here, but majority your people have been nabbed for many and various other serious crimes just in the past few months, especially for cyber fraud both nationally and internationally. I recently saw a list of most wanted Nigerian nationals wanted for all forms of crimes in the USA and had fled to Nigeria, and yaribanza pigs dominated the list.

The people from the poverty capital of the South are the same ones that have bought up lots of your properties and undeveloped lands all over yaribanza land, shebi it wasn't long ago your old father's and Uncle's were shamelessly begging Tinubu to come save them from been displaced in Ladipo by Igbos grin... keep fooling yourselves with some fake stats concocted by your Lagos-Ibadan expressway media.

Now A Yoruba man calling an Igbo man a rapist and scammer has to be the biggest joke of the new decade, I mean Hushpuppy alone has made the cream of headline for scam and criminality for Nigeria alone this year... the man of the year so far, and he's an afonjazzy. If you Google rape news reports for Nigeria this year alone(I dare you to actually), we can easily see which region per stats have the highest numbers of rape cases in Nigeria alone...

Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by Nicepoker(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
The useless tribalistic elements have invaded the thread
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by simpleseyi: 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
The farmers are mad. If herdsman carry cutlass, you too carry axes. If herdsman cut your hand, you too cut their legs.
Re: Nigeria: Many Injured As Farmers, Herders Clash In Oyo State by Mcreloaded(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
It's easier for the go ernment to borrow grains from ECOWAS but I am not sure ECOWAS have cows to borrow out to Nigerian government.

In other words the farmers should find another trade as it's easier to borrow food from ECOWAS than to borrow cows.

This herdamen issue is getting out of hand please government try and so something abi do you guys prefer to be borrowing food from ECOWAS always.

(1) (Reply)

Sacked As APC Chairman, ‘dethroned’ In Edo — What Next For Oshiomhole? / The Ultra Modern Medical Centre In Nauth (permanent Site) Commences Operations. / President Buhari's Speach Suspends Curfew Nationwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.