Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,904 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Angry Reactions Trail Killing Of Ipob Members. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry Reactions Trail Killing Of Ipob Members. (219 Views)

Reactions trail killing of 44 farmers in Borno / Angry Reactions Trail Killing Of IPOB Members In Enugu / 55 African Beauty Queens Storm Owerri. Trailed By Angry Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Angry Reactions Trail Killing Of Ipob Members. by Beadysworld: 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
Angry reactions have started trailing the reported killing of members of the Indigenous People of Biafra ipob by Nigeria DSS members, in Enugu.

All the respondents, who spoke to Vanguard in Owerri, were unanimous in their belief that the dead were first Ndigbo before being members of IPOB.

They also described the incident as “senseless and condemnable, especially as IPOB members are usually unarmed”.
Reacting, an Owerri based legal practitioner, Mr Aloy Ejimakor, said the wrong branding of the dead was deceptive and a diversionary tactic to simply write off the dead as IPOB members, instead of Ndigbo. His words: “Forget IPOB. They are Ndigbo.

It is completely deceptive and a diversionary tactic to simply write off the dead as IPOB members, instead of Ndigbo. Whoever takes the life of an IPOB member is taking the life of an Igbo and therefore will ultimately account to Ndigbo.

According to the lawyer, “when I read about the senseless killing of unarmed innocents, who gathered in Enugu on August 23, 2020, in peaceable exercise of their constitutional rights, I quickly began to search the news to learn more and I learnt plenty, including particularly, the somewhat dismissive refrain that those killed are just IPOB members.

While arguing that they might be IPOB members, Ejimakor, however, said: “Everybody in the former Eastern Nigeria, who disagrees with what has become Nigeria, is an IPOB member.

Please read more here. https://beadysworld.tv/angry-reactions-trail-killing-of-ipob-members/

Re: Angry Reactions Trail Killing Of Ipob Members. by Mrslasha: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
there was a country
Re: Angry Reactions Trail Killing Of Ipob Members. by lexoft(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Owing Road Contractors Over N336bn – Babatunde Raji Fashola / “I Have Delivered On My Promise..."- Sadiya Umar Farouq / Amotekun, Falling Short Of Expectations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.