Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,899 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:22 PM

CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos (33721 Views)

NERC Ask Consumers To Seek For Compensation From DisCos For Poor Service / FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills / FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Awoo88: 7:47am On Aug 25, 2020
After his time as NERC boss, the idiot will receive sense and stay talking about how to solve electricity problem. Now that is there, is brain log with how to fleece the poor.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Kingspin(m): 7:49am On Aug 25, 2020
Just pre-paid meter Nigeria cannot

Bad news country

2 Likes

Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Awoo88: 7:51am On Aug 25, 2020
HabaHaba:

There is nothing good about this news. You will pay more. That is aside the bank charges. Buying from buypower.com has proven to be effective.

1 Like

Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by pastorcyrus(m): 7:58am On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=ikorodureporta post=93193001]

https://www.thecable.ng/cbn-asks-banks-to-take-over-electricity-bills-collection-from-discos[/quote
Best decision so far,one of their marketer here in rumuobiakani pH has really battered me. This girl has been over billing me with more than 5k on monthly basis,she once billed me 10k before whereas I am not supposed to pay more than 2,500 monthly. I only knew what this girl did to me only now that I have installed prepaid meter only to be consuming 2,500 monthly. I only pity my fellow man that will eventually end up in the hand of this wicked heartless girl all in the name of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Mobree: 8:03am On Aug 25, 2020
But the circular isn't on the CBN website...
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by dgreatrock(m): 8:04am On Aug 25, 2020
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by ThatFairGuy1: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2020
This decision should not be reversed no matter the resistance by thieves. BY FIRE BY FORCE, everything must work well in Nigeria. God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:13am On Aug 25, 2020
BuyPower o... Better go seek for partnership with banks o
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Psoul(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2020
Nigeria is one of the countries that have very good policies.
Nigeria is a country that hardly implements/enforces policies.

Nigeria is a lawless country.

1 Like

Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by 9gerian: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2020
The discos will rather die than stop crazy estimated bills. That’s their cash cow that ensures they get paid regardless of supply, and they make good not to really supply areas where they give estimated bills much.

It’s also the reason the supply can never really improve; maybe some drama with a few steps forward, and thereafter several steps back to the status quo.

This is while the government continues to pretend it is doing something about the worsening supply problems each time.

frankputer:
Good one.
No more hand to hand payment.
time to eradicate estimated billing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Chimaobim2016: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2020
Wow! interesting. DISCOS will up their game this period.

Are you looking for vans, trucks, cranes, toying vans and pickup trucks in Abuja. Call us from the comfort of your home and get your products, assets and properties moved from one location to another.

Contact number: 0802 222 6189, 0803 388 7304

1 Share

Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by crossfm: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2020
nony43:
I used to pay in the bank before Aunty coro came I now pay in their office.

Someone should please advice me on what to do, I paid 3k instead of 2600 that i was given for last month bill, EEDC workers came and disconnected my light and took my cables in my absence.
Call your marketer,his or her number should be on your bill.meanwhile to avoid this type of scenario,place your bill at a point they can see it nest time.

And don't be bordered about your balance, it will surely reflect in your nest month bill.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Yankee101: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2020
Dem no go like this

Magu magu go reduce
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Emmanuelolu1000: 9:29am On Aug 25, 2020
Good development. Design your business logo for 2000naira. If interested, check my signature. Thank you!
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by sevo(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2020
aieromon:
Does this affect the power vending platforms such as Buypower and iRecharge?

1000%
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by sevo(m): 9:39am On Aug 25, 2020
Guyman02:

No, whatever amount you purchase from them goes into the designated account.
This should have been done long ago, imagine one DisCo owning 100 accounts and they complain that customers are not paying

You didn't understand the part where they said only banks and their agency banking outlets are allowed to collect payments
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by VCJeks(m): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2020
This should not be priority.
Government should rather implement prepaid meter. CBN have just given the DISCOs the leverage to plunge Nigerians in darkness.
My neighbor living in his yet to be completed building (Few light points, No AC, no fence lights, No outside lights, No water running in the house, No water heater in Bathrooms, No freezers just a small fridge, etc) receives an estimated bill of over 50k per month. His current indebtedness is over 1M to the Disco. He still have light cos he has been consistently paying 3k per month and pays for reconnection fee of another 3k to the field guys. Under normal circumstances, this man cannot not use power of 6k per month.

Mind you,
the Transformer was bought by community contribution of 50k per house, the lines and wooden poles were put up by street contribution of 30k per house, and a new entrant to the street in addition to paying the above charges (now double of what was originally paid per house) would buy concrete pole for the street.
After doing all these, the day you connect the light, the DISCO field reps will come to cut your wire that you need to register with 20-30k and then start receiving estimated billing of 50k.

2nd hand Prepaid meter is around 150k (black market) but the evil part is the DISCOs have made it in such a way that if you buy from one state or location to another under the sane DISCO, it will not work.

This is the height of injustice, negligence and decadence in Nigeria.

The solution is simple: PROVIDE PREPAID METERS.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by observanc1: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2020
sinistermind:
I see this as stupid. Ikeja Electricity already I know don't collect these money, it is transacted via agents or banks. But what happen to those agents right now. I just think this is a way to reward some elites
the agents will still be collecting money and paying into the designated account
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by nony43(m): 10:27am On Aug 25, 2020
crossfm:
Call your marketer,his or her number should be on your bill.meanwhile to avoid this type of scenario,place your bill at a point they can see it nest time.

And don't be bordered about your balance, it will surely reflect in your nest month bill.

The guy is not picking, I have been calling him since yst, the bill is kept were they can see it
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by crossfm: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2020
nony43:

The guy is not picking, I have been calling him since yst, the bill is kept were they can see it
That means he knows what he is doing.Go to their office,ask to see the feeder manager explain the situation to him.He will surely intervene.

Create time and do it.They do all these nonsense because we don't report them to the appropriate authorities.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by erico2k2(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2020
happybrother:
I am happy on this directive. Before now the discos shortchange everybody because there was no means to track their income but now the CBN and their creditors will monitor.
Since every customer ( metered and unmetered) has a billing number, let the list of customers be forwarded to the banks for them to design a payment platform (online and offline),through this all payments will be monitored. Customers can instruct thier banks to be funding their accounts every month.
Next line of directive should be on prepaid meter (if possible sold in the open markets like done on Phones)

EEDC Will be worst hit as the rate of their sharp practice is sometimes legendary.
I hope it's online if not bank staff will cashing cos of the influx of customers, waiting time might increase, its already caiotic as it is!
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by erico2k2(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2020
VCJeks:
This should not be priority.
Government should rather implement prepaid meter. CBN have just given the DISCOs the leverage to plunge Nigerians in darkness.
My neighbor living in his yet to be completed building (Few light points, No AC, no fence lights, No outside lights, No water running in the house, No water heater in Bathrooms, No freezers just a small fridge, etc) receives an estimated bill of over 50k per month. His current indebtedness is over 1M to the Disco. He still have light cos he has been consistently paying 3k per month and pays for reconnection fee of another 3k to the field guys. Under normal circumstances, this man cannot not use power of 6k per month.

Mind you,
the Transformer was bought by community contribution of 50k per house, the lines and wooden poles were put up by street contribution of 30k per house, and a new entrant to the street in addition to paying the above charges (now double of what was originally paid per house) would buy concrete pole for the street.
After doing all these, the day you connect the light, the DISCO field reps will come to cut your wire that you need to register with 20-30k and then start receiving estimated billing of 50k.

2nd hand Prepaid meter is around 150k (black market) but the evil part is the DISCOs have made it in such a way that if you buy from one state or location to another under the sane DISCO, it will not work.

This is the height of injustice, negligence and decadence in Nigeria.

The solution is simple: PROVIDE PREPAID METERS.
I agree with you, the prepaid metre must be fully implemented, I think this is the way to go cos once you have these pre-paid meters you have no more business with them.You will be paying for actual power you use iether from DISCOs or your Generator.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by erico2k2(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=pastorcyrus post=93196642][/quote]
quick one, how did you go about getting this prepaid metre? I need to secure one, please.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Jeffyblaq(m): 11:08am On Aug 25, 2020
post=93194122:
Anything to make our darling nation move forward is all we are after.

God bless our darling President and his amiable Vive President Prof Yemi Osibanjo for all they are doing to make this once battered and looted country work again.

God bless Nigeria.
Sharrap
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by kudusman(m): 11:37am On Aug 25, 2020
9gerian:
The discos will rather die than stop crazy estimated bills. That’s their cash cow that ensures they get paid regardless of supply, and they make good not to really supply areas where they give estimated bills much.

It’s also the reason the supply can never really improve; maybe some drama with a few steps forward, and thereafter several steps back to the status quo.

This is while the government continues to pretend it is doing something about the worsening supply problems each time.

really a welcome development
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by precious1967(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
i fold my hands and i dey watch.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
CBN should also ask banks to generate electricity, this just proves that the privatization of nepa is a failure.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Gee64: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
They BEDC Bill me 14k per month for 9 low energy light bulbs, a fan, tv, and a fridge, no borehole.
I complained severally to deaf ears.

This is my latest Bill for July:

10W20JUL118248

MY billing account number is: 0000718852

BENIN CITY ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY, BEDC YOU ARE CHEATING ON ME AND I HAVE CRIED TO YOU SEVERALLY WITHOUT YOU OFFERING ANY SOLUTION THAN TO KEEP EXPLOITING ME.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by bigtt76(f): 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
Was thinking CBN would suggest the use of direct bank account debits or mandates for this ....they're not serious sef cheesy

ikorodureporta:

https://www.thecable.ng/cbn-asks-banks-to-take-over-electricity-bills-collection-from-discos
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by real777(m): 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
Gee64:
They BEDC Bill me 14k per month for 9 low energy light bulbs, a fan, tv, and a fridge, no borehole.
I complained severally to deaf ears.

This is my latest Bill for July:

10W20JUL118248

MY billing account number is: 0000718852

BENIN CITY ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY, BEDC YOU ARE CHEATING ON ME AND I HAVE CRIED TO YOU SEVERALLY WITHOUT YOU OFFERING ANY SOLUTION THAN TO KEEP EXPLOITING ME.

Go to their headquarters at Akpakpava to lodge your complaint. Some of their staff will come to your house to take record of your appliances to know your actual consumption and eliminate possible estimated billing. This is what I did the first time ever I received 10k as bill. It doesn't make sense especially with all this irregular 3hrs interval supply daily. After that, my billings was adjusted to the usual 2500 to 5k plus monthly with bore hole though. In rare cases 700 naira like twice a year. I pay regularly and sometimes pay upfront... Hmm no power here today till tomorrow.
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by mechanics(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
What of prepaid customers?
Re: CBN Direct Banks To Take Over Collection Of Electricity Bills From Discos by Dozie32(m): 6:11am On Aug 27, 2020
Some folks are just happy for nothing, by the time you will spend 2hours in a queue just to pay #1800 for NEPA bill, na their you go know say e bad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Women Visit Iara Oshiomole In Edo (Photos) / Atiku Locks Down Owerri / Do You Know Any Ex-Student Of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.