Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) (4345 Views)

Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / Flood Sweeps Away Two Teenagers In Delta / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) by tendyjohn(m): 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
shocked
Re: 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) by Sunmolar(m): 5:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
Explorers:
Hoard of 425 24-carats gold coins was stowed in a clay jar, its lid secured with a nail, and stashed in the sands of what is now central Israel.

It then sat undisturbed for more than 1,100 years, until last week, when two 18-year-olds taking part in an archaeological excavation by a hillside in Yavneh noticed something unusual.

“I dug in the ground and, when I excavated the soil, saw what looked like very thin leaves,” said Oz Cohen, one of the teenagers.

“When I looked again, I saw these were gold coins.

It was really exciting to find such a special and ancient treasure.”

The teenagers were volunteers in a vast project linked to the construction of a community in Yavneh, south of Tel Aviv.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/08/24/world/middleeast/israel-gold-coins-archaeology.amp.html

I like to be part of the community project.
Re: 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) by joycegurl: 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2020
shocked
Re: 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) by Burchester: 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Wow
Re: 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) by prince2pac(m): 1:55am On Aug 26, 2020
Maneq:
Na back of bible you dey read.
Judas was paid silver

Re: 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) by Nobody: 2:44am On Aug 26, 2020
Hmmm.
Could be one of those STUFFS, Israelites took along with them when they were leaving Egypt.

Make this people no UNEARTH something wey go make EGYPTIAN MUMMY begin look for him property oooo.
We are still enveloped in this COVID PANDEMIC.
Abeg, do not open another PANDORA'S BOX.
MUMMIES follow their properties till eternity.
Better return them..
Re: 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) by Dangrace01: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2020
oyatz:

Relocate to Nok, Ile-Ife, Ijebu-Ode, Benin, Katsina, Ijero-Ekiti or Close to Lake Chad and start ARCHEOLOGICAL EXCAVATION, you will discover some many ancient artifacts.

Nigeria is yet to be fully explored.

My brother-in-law who is a Professor of Archeology led a team of Archeologist to unearth a site outskirt of Iresi Town in Osun State and they discovered what looked like a family compound of people who lived centuries ago.

Their remains dated to about 5000 years ago.

Wow. When I make money I want to study archeology and fund research around southern Nigeria.
Re: 1,100 Years Old Piggy Bank With Gold Coins Unearthed By Teenagers In Israel(Pic) by Kenny242(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2020
Wow
Anyone notice the Arabic written on it

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Abuja No One Wants You To See (pics, Video) / How Much Approx - Flight From Lagos To Accra? / If You Are looking for Usa Visa Appointment Date Abuja or Lagos. Pls Call Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.