Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Lesson From My Primary School Days Learnt From Teachers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lesson From My Primary School Days Learnt From Teachers (169 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Making A Million A Week In This Covid Times. / 5 Lessons I Learnt From Starting My Own Business / Kaduna Government Recruiting 25,000 Teachers For Primary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lesson From My Primary School Days Learnt From Teachers by Collins2028(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2020
During my primary school years, The teachers were given car loans & many of them bought a brand new Golf4. They were to pay back the loan over 4 years. However, one of the teachers Mrs orji Cecilia (my class teacher) took half of the money the others took as loan. Bought a fairly used car & got a driver. So, when other teachers would drive to school & park their brand new cars, her driver would drop her off in the morning & come pick her at closing. I could remember how other teachers laugh at her, calling her "Acting Big Madam" because she got a driver. But she'd just smile. One day, one of the teachers had cause to go out of the school during school hours. She returned to report that she saw his colleague's driver using her car as a taxi! When they "reported" her driver to her, she said she was aware- that was why she hired a driver. Why park a car for 6-8 hours, when it can be making money for you? The other teachers were stunned: suddenly, she didn't look as stupid as they thought! Now, because of the extra income from using her car as a taxi, she was able to pay back the loan in a year... By the 2nd year, she bought a 2nd car to add to her taxi fleet. By the 3rd year, she bought 2 more taxis! By the 4th year when others finished paying their loans, this woman had 6 taxis. Then she bought a brand new Golf, the newer model! Other cars were 4 years old. One among the teachers said indeed I have realised who was smart & who was foolish among all of us This happened 2004-2008 Lol,I was born in , in the midst of this. I witnessed everything happening then,as a primary pupil you could imaging how little I should be yet I captured everything going around any environment I found my self,I schooled in public school in fact New layout primary school Abakaliki if you have had about this school you may believe my story wasn't fabricated,it inspired me and It has remained with me since then and I have emulated from her,Sucess,wealth and wisdom isn't only found in higher institutions though higher Education are extremely OK but should in case your reason of being poor is because you have No degree/HND certificate please format such mentality from your memory because I have seen a lot about life. Today, I see too many young folks more interested in spending the money they don't have to buy the things they don't need to impress people who don't like them. Too many people living fake lives in these days of social media. The Hushpuppi generation: fake it till you make it. I've seen people pose by cars they don't own to take pictures & post on social media. Young people don't seem to understand discretion: the competition to outdo each other in the "I've arrived" ranking is just too much. Before the arrival of the pandemic diseases covid-19 My niece, an undergraduate asked me to buy her a phone. I asked what type does she want: she mentioned a type, I checked the price: #170,000 Now, I use Teckno cannon C8 of #30,00/ thereabouts- it was even a gift by Nigeria breweries since 2014 and still looking brand new and it serves till date. But this 17-year-old girl wants to use a 170k phone! Something is definitely wrong somewhere...! Seriously, we can't continue like this. I mean we can't continue this way, I am afraid for the younger generation, those aged 6-25. I honestly don't know what this world would be like when they are in their 30s & 50s. God's mercy is all we ask. In addition: "A foolish man will enjoy a perfect today & lose a perfect tomorrow. A wise man will forfeit a perfect today to gain a perfect tomorrow. MATURITY IS THE ABILITY TO DELAY GRATIFICATION.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lesson From My Primary School Days Learnt From Teachers by proffmykey(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2020
Word of wisdom

(1) (Reply)

Help Keep The World Clean, Join Us / Yoruba Teacher / Vacancy: Sales Freelancers (south-east, South-south And North Zone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.