Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

A Muslim Teaching Christain Religious Knowledge, How Ethical? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Muslim Teaching Christain Religious Knowledge, How Ethical? (195 Views)

Varsity Waives Tuition For Students Of Religious Studies / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) / Afe Babalola University Completes 400 Bed Teaching Hospital(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Muslim Teaching Christain Religious Knowledge, How Ethical? by luv2rolly(m): 10:54am On Aug 25, 2020
Religion in education all too often gets a bad press, however, Religious education is so important now than it has probably ever been. Religious education emphasises respect for others, regardless of their beliefs, race or social status.
During the Lockdown of schools and education centres as a result the COVID pandemic, I was taking up students on mathematics and Basic Technology within my compound for free to, and I was approached my one of the principals of a Public School to assist the JSS3 students to prepare for their exams. I agreed with a few conditions and I was drafted in as an Hadhoc staff of one of the Junior secondary schools in Oil rich City of Port Harcourt. What caught me off was the fact that a Muslim who is a teacher in the school is taking the students on Christian religious knowledge and I have listened to some of his teachings, though am not A CRK expert but I know for certain some of his teachings are so conflicting. Please to the Educators in the house is this a wise decision made by the school?

(1) (Reply)

5 Days Free Online Skill Tutorial For Only Nigerians Students / Principal And Teachers Urgently Needed At Kazybal INT'L Group Of SCH / ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems Certification Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.