Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,423 members, 7,836,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Question From Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question From Bible (392 Views)

Titilope Adeboye Graduates From Bible College: Leke Adeboye Celebrates His Wife / Cultists Who Surrendered Weapons, Graduate From Bible School In Port Harcourt / Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question From Bible by Olubode1: 8:58am On Aug 26, 2020
Good morning all,
Please, how can a whole Bible be read and studied within a year? Please I need a practical approach. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Question From Bible by K254725: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2020
Olubode1:
Good morning all,
Please, how can a whole Bible be read and studied within a year? Please I need a practical approach. Thank you
There are 66 books. 365days a year. You can go through 2 books per week.

I also suggest going through the Bible audiobooks first (you can find many on YouTube) to find the principles and flow(this will be fast), then sit with it a second time to read through the physical Bible ...

You'll get deeper understanding and hidden truths with every time you read through ...

1 Like

Re: Question From Bible by paxonel(m): 9:30am On Aug 26, 2020
To read the bible within a year it's possible, but to understand it properly within a year you are just dreaming

1 Like

Re: Question From Bible by Acehart: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2020
Olubode1:
Good morning all,

One can’t study the Bible in a year. It’s like trying to use a plane to travel round the universe in a year.

However, get books that would give you an overview of the basic doctrines of the Bible e.g man, God, salvation, sin, atonement etc This will enable you make sense of what you will be reading. For instance, the theme behind the Joseph story is ‘redemption’; The story of Joseph in Egypt is not about Joseph but Judah. Those books would make your focus much clearer when you read.

You may also listen to many good teachers on YouTube. John MacArthur and RC Sproul are very nice. Noel Jones is very methodical especially in his bible study arguments - he is a Pauline epistle based teacher. Get a good study Bible too; the best one can have is a MacArthur study Bible - it is expensive but it would be worth it.

As you get better, try to attend Sunday school preparatory classes in your church regularly with a view to contribute. It will force you to read and think.

Finally, try to avoid listening to people who are renowned for preaching on Sunday services and ‘big’ programs alone.

Have fun.
Re: Question From Bible by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 26, 2020
Studying and committing to memory everything in the Bible does not equal spiritual growth.....The most spiritual person in the entire Nigeria, according to God's perspective might be one illiterate mama frying akara by the road side...who knows? Not the attractive pastors wearing suits....
Re: Question From Bible by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 26, 2020
Olubode1:
Good morning all,

First of all your motive matter most!

Why the Bible out of all religious books?

Billions of people have shown similar interest in this book but most of them have selfish motives, so it's not going to be possible for anyone to study the Bible and understand it even if it means throughout a lifetime!

God only reveal himself to humble people who are willing to subject themselves to his will, but once a person is arrogant and proud, no matter how long such a person devote to the book he can never understand the Bible!

So for you to understand this book you need to IDENTIFY the messengers God sent to come and teach you his word {Matthew 7:16-20} then you must be submissive to them {Hebrew 13:7,17} and finally you must know that it's not a money making venture {Matthew 10:8} if you have these three points in your mind, you even can understand the whole Bible within less than a year! Proverbs 2:1-5

God bless you! smiley
Re: Question From Bible by adoyi8: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2020
People are learning online courses to boost their skills this one want to study the bible. The best selling book of confusion.
Re: Question From Bible by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 26, 2020
adoyi8:
People are learning online courses to boost their skills this one want to study the bible. The best selling book of confusion.

Blessed/Happy are those conscious of their spiritual needs! Matthew 5:3
Your problem is money, of course you think of how to boost the skills to make you marketable while you're still alive {Ecclesiastes 7:12} but this person is thinking of what happens when he's old and can't do anything again, when it's time to say farewell to the earth and all it's struggles! Ecclesiastes 12:1
Don't think your problem should be everyone's problem, you're on faceless social media where you can't distinguish between a billionaire (whose problem is not money) and a pauper (whose thinking is all about how to survive)!

So learn from the below picture smiley

Re: Question From Bible by adoyi8: 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Maximus69:

Blessed/Happy are those conscious of their spiritual needs! Matthew 5:3
Your problem is money, of course you think of how to boost the skills to make you marketable while you're still alive {Ecclesiastes 7:12} but this person is thinking of what happens when he's old and can't do anything again, when it's time to say farewell to the earth and all it's struggles! Ecclesiastes 12:1
Don't think your problem should be everyone's problem, you're on faceless social media where you can't distinguish between a billionaire (whose problem is not money) and a pauper (whose thinking is all about how to survive)!

So learn from the below picture smiley

I understand the undertone to your message. You are insinuating that I am looking for money because I am poor while the OP doesn't care about money because he is rich but these are all assumptions and attempt to earn cheap points because you don't know me and you don't know OP so there is no way you can know who is richer but your core belief is based on assumptions and blind faith so I am not even surprised.
Re: Question From Bible by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
adoyi8:

I understand the undertone to your message. You are insinuating that I am looking for money because I am poor while the OP doesn't care about money because he is rich but these are all assumptions and attempt to earn cheap points because you don't know me and you don't know OP so there is no way you can know who is richer but your core belief is based on assumptions and blind faith so I am not even surprised.

Poverty is more psychological than physical Sir!

The rich in reality are people enjoying whatever they have with hearts full of joy, bliss and contentment no matter how much or little it is real RICH people are always happy!

The poor in reality are people who are never happy with what they have, even if they own the whole of Washington a poor person will continue to work, labourers will eat and sleep comfortably but he will continue to think about how to acquire more of what he can't consume till he expire (die).
Re: Question From Bible by achorladey: 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
adoyi8:

The keyword that I like here is ASSUMPTIONS. I enjoyed the fact you understood the key background to the particular post you responded to as captured in your response. After all in your initial post. You were not ASSUMING.
Re: Question From Bible by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
achorladey:

The keyword that I like here is ASSUMPTIONS. I enjoyed the fact you understood the key background to the particular post you responded to as captured in your response. After all in your initial post. You were not ASSUMING.

You're trying to mock him shey? cheesy

Of course he assumed everyone needed skills skills skills, whereas skills are to help in people acquire wealth.
Our friend never thought of the condition of the other guy whether he is a billionaire who doesn't need any skill to earn money but wisdom to spend what he has acquired for the rest of his life! smiley
Re: Question From Bible by achorladey: 9:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Maximus69:

You're trying to mock him shey? cheesy

Of course he assumed everyone needed skills skills skills, whereas skills are to help in people acquire wealth.
Our friend never thought of the condition of the other guy whether he is a billionaire who doesn't need any skill to earn money but wisdom to spend what he has acquired for the rest of his life! smiley

Later you will use your fingers to start TYPING they are ALL CRITICS of TRUTH.........They are ALL LONG TIME ENEMIES of HIS.

Show me the assumption in what is stated below......

People are learning online courses to boost their skills this one want to study the bible. The best selling book of confusion

Maximus69: Of course he assumed everyone needed skills skills skills, whereas skills are to help in people acquire wealth

Achorladey: Does the ORGANIZATION you belong go against SKILLS ACQUISITION. Which did they take even more Paramount between SKILLS and HIGHER EDUCATION? When they say you should go for SKILLS do you think they want you to remain a PAUPER? grin grin grin grin grin

Maximus69: whether he is a billionaire who doesn't need any skill to earn money but wisdom to spend what he has acquired for the rest of his life

Achorladey: what is the ABOVE statement of yours called, ASSUMPTION or TRUTH about the Op grin grin grin grin grin grin. When they ask him to face what is before him. They go on ASSUMPTIONS to distort what is before them grin grin grin grin

Look the below again from adoyi8 the person you think I am mocking to know if indeed I want to mock him.......

because he is rich but these are all assumptions and attempt to earn cheap points because you don't know me and you don't know OP so there is no way you can know who is richer

Shine your eyes shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Question From Bible by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 27, 2020
achorladey:

Later you will use your fingers to start TYPING they are ALL CRITICS of TRUTH.........They are ALL LONG TIME ENEMIES of HIS.

Show me the assumption in what is stated below......

People are learning online courses to boost their skills this one want to study the bible. The best selling book of confusion

Maximus69: Of course he assumed everyone needed skills skills skills, whereas skills are to help in people acquire wealth

Achorladey: Does the ORGANIZATION you belong go against SKILLS ACQUISITION. Which did they take even more Paramount between SKILLS and HIGHER EDUCATION? When they say you should go for SKILLS do you think they want you to remain a PAUPER? grin grin grin grin grin

Maximus69: whether he is a billionaire who doesn't need any skill to earn money but wisdom to spend what he has acquired for the rest of his life

Achorladey: what is the ABOVE statement of yours called, ASSUMPTION or TRUTH about the Op grin grin grin grin grin grin. When they ask him to face what is before him. They go on ASSUMPTIONS to distort what is before them grin grin grin grin

Look the below again from adoyi8 the person you think I am mocking to know if indeed I want to mock him.......

because he is rich but these are all assumptions and attempt to earn cheap points because you don't know me and you don't know OP so there is no way you can know who is richer

Shine your eyes shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Hmmmmmmmmmm, now it's obvious you don't understand anything, you just want to argue even when the person i directed the comments to have gotten the sense of what i'm saying.

Well you asked for it and Jesus said i should help you out where you need understanding! Matthew 7:7

The assumption in his comments is hidden but only the wise can find it!

For him to have spoken about skill as if the one asking for divine wisdom is in need of money shows he's assuming everyone needs money. Since you don't know the person asking for divine wisdom how do you think he shouldn't be asking for divine wisdom when you are searching for means to make money?
So we don't know how rich a Nairalander is therefore we can't ASSUME what should be paramount in each person's mind. It's not everyone that's in need of money, some already have more than what they could spend for the rest of their life so we must respect each person's quest rather than presumptuously telling them what we think they should be asking!

JW Organization talked about skills not just for money making, but to help some do more in the works of the Lord as they may be contemplating working with our building committee.

Your problem is not everyone's problem so don't think everyone should ignore God's word for money making ventures! smiley
Re: Question From Bible by achorladey: 7:56am On Aug 27, 2020
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmmmm, now it's obvious you don't understand anything, you just want to argue even when the person i directed the comments to have gotten the sense of what i'm saying.

Well you asked for it and Jesus said i should help you out where you need understanding! Matthew 7:7

The assumption in his comments is hidden but only the wise can find it!

For him to have spoken about skill as if the one asking for divine wisdom is in need of money shows he's assuming everyone needs money. Since you don't know the person asking for divine wisdom how do you think he shouldn't be asking for divine wisdom when you are searching for means to make money?
So we don't know how rich a Nairalander is therefore we can't ASSUME what should be paramount in each person's mind. It's not everyone that's in need of money, some already have more than what they could spend for the rest of their life so we must respect each person's quest rather than presumptuously telling them what we think they should be asking!

JW Organization talked about skills not just for money making, but to help some do more in the works of the Lord as they may be contemplating working with our building committee.

Your problem is not everyone's problem so don't think everyone should ignore God's word for money making ventures! smiley

Maximus69: Hmmmmmmmmmm, now it's obvious you don't understand anything, you just want to argue even when the person i directed the comments to have gotten the sense of what i'm saying.

Achorladey: What can I do but grin grin grin grin the question was

Show me the assumption in what is stated below?

The answer Achorladey got his.......The assumption in his comments is hidden but only the wise can find it

Yet according to the one who understands EVERY THING aka Maximus69, Achorladey don't understand anything. By saying the assumption is hidden is another assumption grin grin grin grin

Maximus69: JW Organization talked about skills not just for money making, but to help some do more in the works of the Lord as they may be contemplating working with our building committee.

Achorladey: Since it's not just for money making cheesy grin grin cheesy then will they remain a PAUPER?

Maximus69: so we must respect each person's quest rather than presumptuously telling them what we think they should be asking!

Achorladey: I am aware you don't PRESUMPTUOUSLY tell others what they should be asking using ASSUMPTIONS and SPECULATIONS grin grin grin grin

Maximus69: Your problem is not everyone's problem so don't think everyone should ignore God's word for money making ventures!

Achorladey: Since you know everyone's problem is different don't assume what OTHERS problems ARE. adoyi8 didn't assume the Op don't have or have money shocked shocked shocked

At least you know I was not m mocking him shocked shocked shocked shocked

Maximus69: Well you asked for it and Jesus said i should help you out where you need understanding! Matthew 7:7

Achorladey: grin grin grin grin grin grin you want to help your LONG TIME ENEMY OF HIS grin grin grin grin
Re: Question From Bible by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 27, 2020
achorladey:

Maximus69: Hmmmmmmmmmm, now it's obvious you don't understand anything, you just want to argue even when the person i directed the comments to have gotten the sense of what i'm saying.

Achorladey: What can I do but grin grin grin grin the question was

Show me the assumption in what is stated below?

The answer Achorladey got his.......The assumption in his comments is hidden but only the wise can find it

Yet according to the one who understands EVERY THING aka Maximus69, Achorladey don't understand anything. By saying the assumption is hidden is another assumption grin grin grin grin

Maximus69: JW Organization talked about skills not just for money making, but to help some do more in the works of the Lord as they may be contemplating working with our building committee.

Achorladey: Since it's not just for money making cheesy grin grin cheesy then will they remain a PAUPER?

Maximus69: so we must respect each person's quest rather than presumptuously telling them what we think they should be asking!

Achorladey: I am aware you don't PRESUMPTUOUSLY tell others what they should be asking using ASSUMPTIONS and SPECULATIONS grin grin grin grin

Maximus69: Your problem is not everyone's problem so don't think everyone should ignore God's word for money making ventures!

Achorladey: Since you know everyone's problem is different don't assume what OTHERS problems ARE. adoyi8 didn't assume the Op don't have or have money shocked shocked shocked

At least you know I was not m mocking him shocked shocked shocked shocked

Maximus69: Well you asked for it and Jesus said i should help you out where you need understanding! Matthew 7:7

Achorladey: grin grin grin grin grin grin you want to help your LONG TIME ENEMY OF HIS grin grin grin grin

There are billionaires who just feel like doing more in the works of the Lord, do they still need skills for making money? cheesy

And everyone knows that you can't IDENTIFY a billionaire on a faceless social media like Nairaland so the guy committed a blunder by saying "this one want to study the Bible, the best selling book of confusion" he doesn't know why the OP wants to study God's word, neither does he know anything about his bank account so he was ASSUMING everyone needs skills not the Bible! wink
Re: Question From Bible by achorladey: 12:05am On Aug 28, 2020
Maximus69:

There are billionaires who just feel like doing more in the works of the Lord, do they still need skills for making money? cheesy

And everyone knows that you can't IDENTIFY a billionaire on a faceless social media like Nairaland so the guy committed a blunder by saying "this one want to study the Bible, the best selling book of confusion" he doesn't know why the OP wants to study God's word, neither does he know anything about his bank account so he was ASSUMING everyone needs skills not the Bible! wink

Maximus69: There are billionaires who just feel like doing more in the works of the Lord, do they still need skills for making money?

Achorladey: Why are the rankings of the billionaires changing since they tell you they no longer need skills for making money. Another ASSUMPTION grin grin grin grin

Maximus69: And everyone knows that you can't IDENTIFY a billionaire on a faceless social media like Nairaland so the guy committed a blunder by saying "this one want to study the Bible.

Achorladey: Another assumption to the BOLD grin grin grin grin grin it is those you know you know and keep your ASSUMPTION limited to what you know grin grin grin grin How will you know when you are always looking for a better performing group than the JWS grin grin grin grin

Concerning [b]the blunder
shocked shocked shocked shocked since you are unable to bring the ASSUMPTION in that statement of HIS. Your blunder remarks become additional ASSUMPTIONS

Maximus69: he doesn't know why the OP wants to study God's word, neither does he know anything about his bank account so he was

Achorladey: What did Op REQUEST FOR grin grin grin grin grin. Where did the Op seeks WHY? grin grin grin grin ASSUMPTIONS keep falling over more ASSUMPTIONS. You won't learn because I am critic of truth and a long time enemy of you grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga Maximus69 shocked shocked shocked shocked shine your eyes. Where did adoyi8 bother to ask WHY?

(1) (Reply)

World Rosary Prayer And October Devotion / New Music: Olorun Agbaye (you Are Mighty) By Nathaniel Bassey Ft Chandler Moore / Maureen Badejo needs mental evaluation lies exposed on live show by Femi Oyewale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.