Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges (1892 Views)

Help!! I Need Your Opinions On Auctionexport / Auctionexport / Fraud Awareness - Car Buyers - AuctionExport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by gesodrides: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
This exposé might be a little long but I promise it’s worth your time if you desire not to be ripped off as many are experiencing with the giant auto shipping brand.

You like many of us have heard about AuctionExport, seen their adverts online or their names crested on plate numbers and possibly thought about using them to get your next car.

There are a few things that you are not aware of, or never told when dealing with AuctionExport (I will show you with examples at the latter part of this article). The most fundamental of these is that AuctionExport is not an Auctions house. They are only a broker.

As a broker, they are offering the services of assisting customers to search, bid, and buy cars from different auctions like IAAI, Copart, Manheim, Adesa etc in USA or Canada.

What is interesting about this is that you too have the power to buy directly from the auctions. No kidding. This ignorance is the main reason Auction Export can charge stupidly high fees for their services and assume the role of an auction house.

I will unravel the 4-steps process to purchase your car which you can handle by yourself to avoid getting ripped off and also show you how Auctions Export is unfairly licking up the money of ignorant Nigerians.

Let’s begin with the registration to get access to the cars on their platform. You’re required to pay a non-refundable fee to begin your purchase process. You too can register as an end-user on an auctions house platform and do your bid and buy just as Auction Export will bid and buy from an auction house. If this is a hassle for you, contact your local auto dealer, most likely than not, they own auction accounts and buy directly from the auction houses. They will charge a fee far less than Auctions Export. They can also assist you in setting up your auctions account so you can handle your own purchases.

Second is the purchase. AuctionExport will require you to deposit an amount which varies from $400 or $1000 or 10% of what you want to buy, i.e. To use "BUY NOW" and "BID", you have to place a deposit on your account. The minimum deposit amount is $400 or 10% from the "BID/BUY NOW" amount. To participate in BIDGoLive realtime bidding, you have to place a deposit on your account. The minimum deposit amount is $1000 or 15% from the bid amount.
This is expected as some end users will bid for a car and decide not to pay for the unit so this amount goes towards the payment of a fine on the auctions if the car is not paid for in the allotted time. Any serious dealer or auction buying agent will ask for this deposit before bidding as they will also be subject to these fees if payment is not made. Usually this fee is refundable if the bidding was unsuccessful and you wish to discontinue the purchase process. This can be a more rigorous process with Auction Export if a refund is required.

Third step is the actual purchase or buying process which can be via bidding, live phone bidding, Buy Now, online real time auction. This is also same when purchasing from the auctions itself as these options are available directly on their platforms. Dealers or auction account owners can assist to bid on your behalf.

Fourth step is the payment for the vehicle that you purchased. Now this is where there are lapses with AuctionExport. AuctionExport offers several methods of payment but these methods are difficult to use as per regulations in Nigeria, they do not have a Nigerian Naira account aside a USD account. Also, payment via debit card is a tedious and time delaying process. Also there are some funny charges that start to come up when using their WorldPay of card payment methods.
With regards to possible invoice received, it is way different from what is shown online as estimated charges are usually higher. However since the end user already has a deposit with AuctionExport, you are compelled to pay all charges or funds are forfeited.
Let’s do a simple analysis looking at the screenshot of the 2012 Honda Civic with VIN 19XFB2F5XCE071558. If a bid of $2500 (not likely to win but for this example, let’s assume it wins) is made on this car and the buyer wins, the breakdown will be as follows:
Bid amount = $2500
Auction Export fee = $195
Paperwork fee = $70
Auction Buyer fee = $665
Internet fee = $69
Gate fee = $55
So your total fees is $1054 bringing total charges for just purchasing the car and Auction export charges to $3554.

Now note that this is only for purchase, it does not include inland/Ground transportation and shipping charges. Auction export claims that they only charge paperwork fee of $70 and their auction export fee which varies, so why are the Auction Buyer fees so high.
The estimated cost for ground transportation and Ocean Shipping charges is given below:
Ground transportation = $500
Ocean transportation (RORO) = $1325
This is another total of $1825 to get the car to Lagos port excluding Local Customs clearance.
Hence, it will cost a total of $5,379 for this 2012 Honda Civic to get to Lagos port.

Analyzing the same car, 2012 Honda Civic VIN 19XFB2F5XCE071558, if you went through another company, A reputable dealer will search a car for you, send you the actual links to the source auctions for you to check and confirm the car as what you want as shown below

IAAI Stock #: 27262813

https://www.iaai.com/VehicleDetails?itemid=35456719&RowNumber=0&similarVehicleItemId=&isNext=&loadRecent=true

Bidding on this car directly from the auction site and winning at $2500 as earlier mentioned will give the breakdown of the below charges as shown in attached screenshot:
Bid amount = $2500
Dealer fees = $200
Auction Buyer fee = $360
Internet fee = $79
Service fee = $55
US Domestic Wire Transfer charges = $30
So, your total fees will be $724 bringing total charges for just purchasing the car as well as A reputable dealer charges to $3224. No Paperwork fees is charged.
The estimated cost for ground transportation for the 2012 Honda Civic located at the IAAI lot in Orlando FL, 32824 to drop off the car to Grimaldi/Sallum lines port located at Horizon Terminal Services, Jacksonville FL, 32226 as well as Ocean transportation is given below:
Ground transportation = $200
Ocean transportation (RORO) = $940
This is another total of $1140 to get the car to Lagos port excluding Local Customs clearance.
Hence, it will cost a total of $4364 for this 2012 Honda Civic to Lagos port.

Comparing the costs of purchasing your car from the USA and getting it to Nigeria from Auction Export - $5379 to the cost of A reputable dealer - $4364, it means you can save a whooping $1015 if you use another trusted service, above applies with GESOD RIDES, others may differ.

Aside the cost savings, there are a few other benefits when you use a reputable dealer like GESOD RIDES, some of which are:
- All payments can be made in Naira, payment avenues also available in USA.
- You have direct access to auctions or dealer websites and can choose cars from US sources, we will work to get them to Nigeria for you.
- There are no hidden charges or over charges, a budget is given to get your car to Nigeria, and we stick by it.
- We are available on all channels to communicate and get updates.
- We are transparent, and ready to serve.
- We are available in Lagos, Nigeria, for a visit at any time.

Other Services which we can help you out with are:
- Setting up you own personal or business/dealer auction account on Copart or IAAI, this will reduce the commissions that we charge when we buy for you with our account.
- Assist with picking up your vehicles from all over USA at very competitive rates.
- Shipping your units or linking you up directly with NVOCC/US shippers that will handle your shipments.
- Assisting with local customs clearing in Lagos for your vehicles.

As a shipper/importer/auction buyer, I have been told by some customers about their experiences with Auction Export and recently this happened with someone I know, and the experience was heartbreaking.
A client who purchased using AuctionExport contacted us to assist to make a series of 4 payments which was done with my card. Payments were seen, the 4th payment were approved while the initial three payments were not recognized. It took 4 days even after all documentation was sent to credit his account. And he was charged late fees even though payment was made in time. We made so many calls to them but you can hardly get through and when you do, they ask for the same information you have sent earlier which was not acknowledged by them.
We opted to pick the car and ship ourselves but even with that Auction Export charged him $500 for a trip from auction to port that was not to cost more than $200. Same location as used in example above. Later invoice was modified to a trucking amount of $700. The excuse given was that they charged for taking the car to their Georgia warehouse, cost was not supposed to be more than $200 to be paid to them, yet he was charged $700.
I understand that Auction Export is a business but my fellow Nigerians, sometimes you need to look and search deeper. You can find other good and credible options that will deliver excellent services and give you value for money.

2 Likes

Re: Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by bolagolddmedia: 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
A NEW WAY TO MAKE MONEY IN NIGERIA AND CASH OUT DAILY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4J_-j6To0U
Re: Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by DSS1335: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for the head up, I have already contemplated using their service.
Re: Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by psucc(m): 1:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
I enjoyed your article.
But you can do more without trying to paint others in a bad light.

4 Likes

Re: Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by gesodrides: 3:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
i am not o, i am stating the obvious

if you want me to link u up with the buyer or provide you with email proof, chat me up privately

3 Likes

Re: Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by Ibidabojonah: 1:02am On Sep 12, 2020
gesodrides:
i am not o, i am stating the obvious

if you want me to link u up with the buyer or provide you with email proof, chat me up privately

I really loved the Article.
I just want to learn how to use Copart, Mayheim and Adesa.
Re: Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by psucc(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2020
Please can I still have sound Mercedes Benz 190: auto/petrol.
What's the cost of getting it at Lagos.
No laugh o! na my choice.
Re: Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by gesodrides: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2020
Hello, good morning.

We apologize for the late reply. Please give us a call or send a whatsapp message on 08093943763 (whatsapp) or 08170043763.

We can assist to explain more on using auctions.

Ibidabojonah:

I really loved the Article.
I just want to learn how to use Copart, Mayheim and Adesa.
Re: Be Warned About Auctionexport And Their Overcharges by gesodrides: 8:49am On Nov 01, 2020
Hi,

I believe this is possible but sometimes might be a little hard to find due to its year.

Another issue is the cost to import such car may be equivalent to bringing in a more recent model.

Also we can't laugh at any of your choice. As one man likes Ferrari, another man can like Beetle.

psucc:
Please can I still have sound Mercedes Benz 190: auto/petrol.

What's the cost of getting it at Lagos.

No laugh o! na my choice.

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used 2018 Toyota Landcruiser SOLD!!! / Very Clean Registered Toyota Camry 07 / Brand 2022 New Lexus LX600 Grandeur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.