Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,905 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others (556 Views)

FCCPC Opens Investigation On DSTV, GOTV, Others / Startimes Shades Tstv On Twitter (photos) / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by BrandSpurNG: 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
In what seems unrealizable, StarTimes shocks Nigerians with its Pay-As-You-View offer that launched in 2017 with an applaudable review and additional commendable programmes in 2020.

DSTv, a leading Satellite cable TV service from Multichoice in Nigeria and across Africa is still hell-bent on the review of its subscription packages to accommodate the ‘Pay-As-You-View’ offer despite many calling for it and National Assembly threatening to cut off its services in the country.

Recall that as far as Pay-As-You-View? TV subscription is concerned, Nigeria has not benefitted from it until StarTimes full-fledged in 2017, but Uganda and Zambia have longed been enjoying the privilege since 2014.

With yearnings for this offer, here are the reasons why Nigerians might consider StarTimes over DStv or Govt.

1. IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON NIGERIANS

The COVID-19 pandemic that struck in the country hit about 10.8 million average Nigerians and it greatly affected their income. With about 21% of staff retrenchment. This could only mean that many will prefer to cut cost, especially frivolous spending. So, if StarTimes can offer the same service at a more convenient fee, people will definitely shift.

2. ADDITION OF FASCINATING CHANNELS

StarTimes have added some other programmes that DStv and GOtv combined do not have, they are ST School Junior, ST School Senior that will deal with the virtual tutorials on various subjects including Mathematics and English; Human Right that will be featuring programmes on how people can take up cases when injustices arise; Sky News, a few to mention.

3. OFFER THE CHEAPEST BOUQUET 

The cheapest bouquet of DStv is DStv Padi at N1,850 with about 40 channels while that of StarTimes is Nova bouquet for N900 with about 58 channels and can be paid for daily, meaning that one can pay N30 daily to get connected.

4. AFFORDABLE DECODER WITH SAME SERVICE AS OTHERS

Getting a StarTimes decoder plus antenna costs N7,500 while that of DStv with dish receiver is N18,500 and GOtv is N10,799 with antenna and HDMI wires.

The aforementioned facts are particularly pinpointed from customers reactions and are subjected to either happen or not. This is clearly a review or better still, prediction.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2020/08/25/pay-as-you-view-why-choose-startimes/

Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by izuch(m): 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
If E no be indomie, E no resemble am. QED
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by Kestolove(m): 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
Startime dat is analogue. Poor picture quality, bad audio and unnecessary stations..
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by Pierohandsome: 2:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Is not about how cheap the subscription is, but it us about the programs they cover. Dstv has a larger patronage because of football, UEFA Champions league, Europa, EPL, etc.

Does Startimes have all this?
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by babasolution: 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
Star times is a Chinese shit pig,we don't want star times we want African shit,to hell with the chinks
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by FullnessofJoy: 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by HarunaWest(m): 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
Kestolove:
Startime dat is analogue. Poor picture quality, bad audio and unnecessary stations..
wrong
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by Nickisindigo(m): 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pierohandsome:
Is not about how cheap the subscription is, but it us about the programs they cover. Dstv has a larger patronage because of football, UEFA Champions league, Europa, EPL, etc.

Does Startimes have all this?

Dstv might leave Nigeria in the long run
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by meobizy(f): 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lol. My father used DStv all these years. He tried once or twice to patronize homegrown providers, they failed. When my younger brother lived alone, he patronized DStv. I lived alone and did the same. My sister, the same. Can you guess which service my children will enjoy? I will like the correct one.
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by edoairways: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
You better change the heading because not all Nigerians as implied by the subject would switch to star times. Most Nigerians will just bark but wouldn't bite. Increment in subscription charges isn't new to them
Re: Why Nigerians Might Choose Startimes Over DSTV, GOTV, Others by Kabiyesi12(m): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello guys,
I am planning to buy the best out of this 2 devices Anycast 12 plus and Google Chromecast.
I have read many article as to regards the 2 devices but I need an advise from experienced people in the house. The 2 gadget seems good but I need the best out of the 2.
Can one cast with Google Chromecast without an internet connection? And if you don't mind you can add the screenshort of your own cast

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Live Updates - Maria Chike, The Most Beautiful Female Housemate Of All T / Bbnaija: My Life Has Taken A U-turn And I’m Not Mentally Okay -tega(video) / Chromecast With Google TV - Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.