Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,456 members, 7,958,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Understanding Journalists: Fani Kayode & The Pressmen's Trap By Omo Elu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Understanding Journalists: Fani Kayode & The Pressmen's Trap By Omo Elu (156 Views)

Elu P 78, Elu P 79 - LP Rep Says At The National Assembly / Fani Kayode: The EU Are Nothing But Big Losers / Bola Tinubu: Caught In A Monkey Trap By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Journalists: Fani Kayode & The Pressmen's Trap By Omo Elu by micronut(m): 2:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Probably the biggest news in the last 24hrs in Nigeria is about FFK & The Daily trust Brouhaha.

It has degenerated into jokes like "who is banking rolling you", just like Journalists are also not taking it easy.

Well, I have watched enough on TVs for years to know Journalists worldwide can ask you what may appear and sound like stupid questions truly - yes, very irritating questions, but I have also grown to know how that is part of the profession, and they only want to test your patience and get headlines.

What Femi Fani Kayode did yesterday, is not even surprising to me, I have watched many in the pasts, from press interviews and those from Nollywood can be very interesting, especially in Yoruba film.

You will hear, "ejoor Mr. Lagbaja, ki le le so funwa nipa iku omo yin Gbade, Iroyin to n ja rahin rahin Larin ilu nipe, eyin le ran awon agbenipa ko lo pa omo yin nitori o mo asiri yin kan tenikan o mo".Lol (Sorry for this Untranslated part)

A Journalist once asked Trump if he has regrets for all the lies he has been lying to Americans.. Trump looked at him, hissed, and said "next questions pls". Then he said "if there is no other question, that's all for today". Lol

To me, this is best way to address things that may anger you. Ignore! It doesn't kill.

I have watched many times where pressmen run after people asking all sought of questions and such will not say a word. It is the best practice especially among politicians.

Journalists are never friends of politicians, so I expect a normal politician with history of engagement to understand this ethics and how to avoid trouble. Very funny that FFK fell for the bait and one wonders if he has never received such before. Lol

We all see questions they ask criminals when parading, they leave real issues and ask you funny things. It is a trap, they want to get you annoyed.

The latest one going around this morning is by Mr. Wale Ojo Lanre & Ladoja is a classic example of how Journalists are wired to touch the wire in your brain.

If not, how on earth will you say, "Ladoja, you're not handsome, dull and unintelligent, and you want to be a governor". Lol.

If you try this with 50% of Nigerians they will spark, that's if they don't throw you something like "Iwo ma goo ntie o", (how dare you), not even to people in political class and in high in the society. Lol.

Many people among us here are not "Omo lole lo gbesi wa" (Go and gather swift response). No one has a monopoly of what they could call insult. A typical Nigerian will reply like Fani, and a typical Nigerian will reply Fani back. Word for words!!!

I have seen people already saying they will reply back and forget the Job, that journalist is too dull.. Lol.

I honestly salute that Ladoja response, Ajimobi won't take such likely.

Just as celebrities and bloggers are foes, Journalists are soldier ants looking for politicians boxers to hide, so they can bite you, and you go gaga and off trouser like a mad man.

They write what may not be true, they ask for unimaginable questions, but it is what it is, journalism. Lol

You will grant an interview on many things and the headline they will pick from many things you said on business and life will be from one line where you said, "I love good shoes, good cars or I can't do without Amala ".. Next is "I love good cars and I can't do without Amala - Ajadi". Lol. And readers will be like "who ask you, nonsense. I hate these people sef". Lol

If you don't have buffer for insults, please don't go around with journalists except the one you give brown envelopes to keep shut. Don't, and don't be a public person.

In fact, "Who is bankrolling you" is even a subtle Jab, not really an hard knock for me.

Sometimes, I don't blame people who avoid pressmen, they just want you to fumble. Just like some of our lecturers in school during seminar defence will ask you to write out the formular of Bicarbonate. No be to disgrace you if you must forget? Lol!

And for apology by Fani, it is expected. No one wins the journalists. No one o. Not even when you took time to awash a man with vituperations and recurring insults in minutes.

Well, anyone that follows the media, knows that event is not new. Not new at all. I have watched more than 10 funny similar videos.

In a popular Interview video, A white Journalist asked Sir Ahmadu Bello, one question about the Igbos and how Northerners can't do without them, and the old man got angered and started saying many terrible things about the Igbo's. Many Igbos may never love Northerners anymore if they watch that video. The Igbo's are always dropping comments on that video every time on youtube, and same for the video where the same white guy asked Kaduna Nzeogwu, how the coup guys killed the same Ahmadu Bello, and he relished how the man went to hide among his wives and he was dragged out and taken to a far place and was killed like fowl.. That video too, remains one video that an average northerner may never like.

There is a lesson for all of us in these, beyond the jokes and assaults, and it is the fact that Interviews or press briefings are very sensitive, we shouldn't be reckless with word. If you don't have soft spot for what you may never want to hear, avoid the press.

Beyond that, I also don't know the capacity with which Governors are inviting FFK to supervise projects and Journalists have to find him worthy of having a press conference. Na governor or Minister? Lol

Well, fear press oo..

Twitter: ©EluomoElu
Facebook: Elufowora Eluyemi

(1) (Reply)

Reps Mull Recommendation For Revocation Of Abuja-kaduna Road Contract / Citizens Quest Commends Buhari For Allowing Forensic Auditing To Go Ahead / Southern Kaduna Crisis: “we Wont Sweep Underlying Issues Of Justice, Marginaliza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.