Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. (331 Views)

Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video) / Anambra Widow Refuses To Drink Water Used In Bathing Her Late Husband / Alaafin Of Oyo Visits Ayaba Maryam Adeniran Adeyemi, Wife Of His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. by 5050go: 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

I'm distraught. My father refuses to tell me the names of his father and mother. I dont know my grandmother or grandfathers name and have never seen a picture of them. I find this state of being unnatural and it gives me stress.

Why won't he tell me? Sometimes, I think he is ashamed but I could be wrong.
Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. by Vyzz: 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
Do u know your uncles and aunties?

Your dad's cousins?

Your cousins?

Your Village?..

Then u can still find your root...

How old are u by the way?... U and papa needs to have a matured discussion...

Did he Commit
Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. by 5050go: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
I dont know of any uncles or aunties by name. He has mentioned a younger brother in London.

I dont know of any cousins.

I do know the state and village.

Imo State, Nkwerre

I am 34 years old. Ive tried asking him multiple times but he just changes the subject to Igbo people in general or says when we're together he'll tell me in person. Im intrested in Igbo in general but more interested in direct family.

He did not commit to my mother which I do not take shame in as he has multiple children throughout the US that he has not taken care of at all. He came to the US to become a doctor but did not finish medical school for some reason.
Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
There is actually a proven way to confirm if someone is a ghost with a human body.
Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. by internationalman(m): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2020
They are all called ancestors..

If you check well, most people's ancestors are from a different tribe entirely from the ones we are today. I mean maternally

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 28, 2020
5050go:
Hi,

I'm distraught. My father refuses to tell me the names of his father and mother. I dont know my grandmother or grandfathers name and have never seen a picture of them. I find this state of being unnatural and it gives me stress.

Why won't he tell me? Sometimes, I think he is ashamed but I could be wrong.

Just be comfortable with your dad?

Moreover he might have a reason for not doing so.

(1) (Reply)

Chime Customer Service 18449042855 Tollfree | Chime Bank Support USA/CA / How New Emir Of Zazzau Will Emerge - Dailytrust / POUNDED YAM: More Than A Food To The Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.