Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase (47757 Views)

Dstv, Gotv Customers To Experience Downtime For 3days Due To Lagos-calabar Road / Nigerians Groan, Protest DSTV/GOTV Tariff Increase / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by MZEE01: 5:47am On Aug 27, 2020
ok
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by gogo2479: 5:48am On Aug 27, 2020
Useless government. So they know or didn’t know the economic condition Nigerians are facing when they announce their increase in electricity tariff but now have the audacity to ask multi choice not to do the same.

8 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Buffalo2(m): 5:49am On Aug 27, 2020
Audio suspension. As if they care about the masses.

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Tremple8v: 5:51am On Aug 27, 2020
Shithole country , anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by AerialMapper: 5:52am On Aug 27, 2020
Lol!!

The only reason I keep a Premium subscription is to watch Formula 1! After the season, I don’t even care about DStv. They are within their rights to increase prices; they do not pay for content in Naira. With the current value of the naira, they need more naira to pay for your favorite shows and sporting events

This year go rugged ooooo but we must watch Formula 1

12 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by dheaven: 5:54am On Aug 27, 2020
For me it's not a must you must use their service. Why don't FG leave corruption for once and upgrade NTA to the standard of DSTV?

10 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by anonimi: 5:55am On Aug 27, 2020
wisdomremz:
This is what happens when a brand doesn’t have a major competitor..

Please whose fault is that?
What happened to HiTV, Star Times and TSTv

6 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by toprealman: 5:56am On Aug 27, 2020
As if they show anything interesting. Increase it by infinity, your customer service will be the ones to suffer it....you think it's me you are doing.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by anonimi: 5:57am On Aug 27, 2020
gogo2479:
Useless government. So they know or didn’t know the economic condition Nigerians are facing when they announce their increase in electricity tariff but now have the audacity to ask multi choice not to do the same.

The hypocrisy of Barawo Bubu and his Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC no be here bros.

3 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Kaybaba5(m): 5:58am On Aug 27, 2020
I know this dstv will still go ahead and impose new subscription rate. Despite government warnings......
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by SweetCunt97(f): 5:58am On Aug 27, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
Please don't complain.. if you cant afford it, use strong TV... DSTV is not for everyone
Stay there

2 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by anonimi: 5:59am On Aug 27, 2020
AerialMapper:
Lol!!

The only reason I keep a Premium subscription is to watch Formula 1! After the season, I don’t even care about DStv. They are within their rights to increase prices; they do not pay for content in Naira. With the current value of the naira, they need more naira to pay for your favorite shows and sporting events

This year go rugged ooooo but we must watch Formula 1

You make too much sense.
Are you sure that you are a Nigerian? grin
You are definitely not one of the 200 million mumus that Lagbaja called us Nigerians. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by jacoik(m): 5:59am On Aug 27, 2020
heaven knows that we don't have government in this path of the world
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by anonimi: 6:00am On Aug 27, 2020
pyyxxaro:
TStv wetin happen

Corruption happened.

2 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by spafu(m): 6:01am On Aug 27, 2020
Na Strong I go soon buy.
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by jidxin(m): 6:01am On Aug 27, 2020
mayklef:
wit dat, ordinary champions league match dem no go show....nobody takes Nigeria/Nigerians too serious again, all thanks 2 this mistake of a Government
na by force make we watch champions league or EPL nii
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by jidxin(m): 6:02am On Aug 27, 2020
leo047:
Nothing special about dstv, Apart from watching football angry angry undecided
what's special about football!?
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by OmoOshodi(m): 6:03am On Aug 27, 2020
FG representative is only stylishly asking DSTV to rub hands....bribe them(the corrupt rep)to enable them(DSTV) inflict hardship on Nigerian

4 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by anonimi: 6:04am On Aug 27, 2020
okoroemeka:
Let them increase the charges without considering how people will pay for that, I stopped using DStv since last 3 years or so and ported to my smart phone,I am predicting that in the future ,smart phones will sink satellite TV.

Did Barawo Bubu and his APC rogues consider how people will pay for all the imported items we use when they increased forex rates to over N500 in 2017 and now almost N500 again?
Why you no want face your lootocrats in government- local, state and federal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3431120_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages3420191picsart1455886204785jpeg503a9ea978cee321112203705090d494_jpeg42f7ff794fb9c526b6223de620a8596b

Buhari Has Created Another System Of Corruption – Emir Sanusi

As many commended Emir Sanusi for his timely statement on the Nigerian economy, others however, chose to focus on a particular statement he made which many see as “carrying weight” as it suggests something quite interesting.
Sanusi while delivering a lecture on Wednesday at the 15th meetings of the joint planning board and national council on development planning in Kano, titled ‘Nigeria in search of new growth model’, has made some shocking statements which attracted commendations from economic experts, but concern to ordinary Nigerians.
He accused the Buhari led administration for indirectly following the path of recent administration on issues relating to financial fraud. He puts it as quoted below:
‘’We can always talk of the policies of the previous administration and we talk of oil subsidy and how it turned people into oil millionaires.
But we have created another set of millionaires since 2015 from foreign exchange.
‘‘The people telling the government that if you devalue people will suffer are the ones benefiting presently. They bought the dollar at N179 and price their goods at N300.The poor pay the price of a devalued currency, the rich take the profit.
“You may not like it, but that is the truth. Any system that allows you, with one telephone call, to make N1bn without investing one kobo; the system is wrong,” Sanusi added.

NIGERIANS REACT
Following this stunning revelations, Nigerians have since expressed outrage that the government which promised to fight corruption, turned out to be most corrupt itself. They also accused the Buhari administration of destroying the Nigerian economy and creating hardship for Nigerians by using scarce forex to enrich a few individuals in the name of subsidy. Below are some of the reactions we compiled.
Mrs Helen a petty trader, who spoke in hausa expressed her disappointment with the current government, she said, “All my life I’ve never seen such a cruel and heartless government like this one. Since this government came into power, things has been getting worse. Our husbands are either losing their jobs, or are not being paid for months. All we’ve been hearing is ‘be patient, be patient,’ for God sake, what would we gain if our patience took us to our early grave? While they are telling us to be patient, many have already died. Tell me, what is their benefit? Many have also become thieves even stealing cooked food just to survive. I don’t blame APC, I blame those who voted and bring this evil upon us. Now look at it, they are busy sharing our monies to themselves. God is watching!
Adamu in his own reaction, simply said, “If they like, let them eat the whole central bank. God will not leave us alone.”
Any system that allows you, with one telephone call, to make N1bn without investing one kobo; the system is wrong – SANUSI

http://igberetvnews.com/266501/buhari-has-created-another-system-of-corruption-emir-sanusi/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4780865_img20170115wa0000_jpeg1d8e7567925b3c58ce06da5797c6a05a

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by anonimi: 6:05am On Aug 27, 2020
OmoOshodi:
FG representative is only stylishly asking DSTV to rub hands....bribe them(the corrupt rep)to enable them(DSTV) inflict hardship on Nigerian

You na sabi man.
You know how things roll in this cesspit government of corruption, looting and stealing.
Sad!
Terrible!
Pathetic!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Kevinsamba: 6:05am On Aug 27, 2020
Gotv wey no dey show champions league lipsrsealed
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by nairavsdollars(f): 6:09am On Aug 27, 2020
They are meeting on Monday. By the time those ones give reason for the increase, FG will ask them to go ahead

Kaybaba5:
I know this dstv will still go ahead and impose new subscription rate. Despite government warnings......

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by nairavsdollars(f): 6:12am On Aug 27, 2020
I hear they give free subscriptions to them. Premium package

OmoOshodi:
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by ggood: 6:12am On Aug 27, 2020
wisdomremz:

as big as Nigeria no competitors

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by kuntash: 6:14am On Aug 27, 2020
The docility of Nigerians in seeking their collective good is second to none..

All man for himself...

In governance, and nearly all facet of the economy...

So so terrible!

2 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Abfinest007(m): 6:15am On Aug 27, 2020
I'm beginning to like bubu
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by benflin(m): 6:17am On Aug 27, 2020
As long as 409 will remain free, i can always catch up on international news
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by Princedapace(m): 6:18am On Aug 27, 2020
wagazala:
But they only just increased their rates. Are they saying they want to stylishly increase their rates every quarter?

DSTV must be stopped from this devlish agenda. Every year they increase rates like 3 times. Na for only their side dollar cost?

Your naira is now useless before dollars and these multinational companies trade in dollars for their contents.
Your govt keep adding VAT on these companies. The more tax they pay, the more consumers of their products will pay for it.
I don't blame them at all. Rmemebr, they don't have stable electricity, so they also pay for crazy electricity bill plus fueling, diesel and maintenance which runs into multi millions yearly. It is not easy to run business in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by crazycrypto710: 6:21am On Aug 27, 2020
OP, multichoice have already bought our lawmakers and regulation agencies with money and gifts and we are paying for it. Nothing goes for nothing. Mafo!

1 Like

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by IYANGBALI: 6:21am On Aug 27, 2020
wisdomremz:

i swear!
Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by IYANGBALI: 6:22am On Aug 27, 2020
crazycrypto710:
OP, Mafo! multichoice have already bought our lawmakers and regulation agencies with money and gifts and we paying for it. Nothing goes for nothing.
na true you talk jare

2 Likes

Re: FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase by IYANGBALI: 6:23am On Aug 27, 2020
Abfinest007:
I'm beginning to like bubu
for wetin now? No late me poison you o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: 30 Entertainers Supporting Laycon (List) / Lilo: I Still Have My Boyfriend Despite Romance With Eric / Erica And Wathoni Fight Over Kiddwaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.