Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

What Is Your Contribution To The World? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Your Contribution To The World? (134 Views)

Check Out This Forum That Pays For Your Contribution / My Contribution To The Society / Please Guys I Need Your Contribution On My Thesis Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Contribution To The World? by ufpeace(m): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2020
You may agree with me, to make contribution to your world is to make impact to the society you live. I once read a quote that resonates with me. The underlying message of the quote is , “a birthday should not just be the celebration of the day you were born; rather, it should be more of the celebration of the positive contribution or donation you have made to lives”. And I totally concur to this view. Also with the various views in Quora that state how we can make impact in our society; “Contributing to society, usually means doing something cooperative or altruistic for the benefit of your community or society at large”.
Don’t misconstrue the message here. This is not to say that you should not be grateful to God for every opportunity to see a new-year. Of course, we need to be happy and appreciate God for the gift of life. The point here however is, it is more rewarding and fulfilling to celebrate, knowing that you have actually made a reasonable donation in the lives of others in the course of your just concluded year.
We must daily pray for duration on earth; but at the same time, we must bear in mind that duration without a reasonable positive donation to lives is a great waste of potential. Before I tell you what your contribution to the world is, let me first mention what contribution is not.

What Contribution Is Not To Your World
Your contribution to the earth is not the billion dollars in your account; it is not the numbers of houses or cars you have, fleet of academic or professional qualifications you have bagged, number of children or wives you have, the top position you occupy in various organizations and also the chains of business empires you control all over the globe, etc.
If none of these is a donation, what then it is? Read on…

Show Love By Making Impact
The world is full of countless number of people seeking for solution to one problem or the other. Mother Teresa once said, “There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread, but there are many more dying for a little love.” Many are living in lack and hunger, and they are clamouring to have their needs met and hunger satisfied. Majority are unhappy, heart-broken and depressed for lack of purpose (not knowing why they exist on earth), and for being victims of rejections and disappointments. Many and many others are sick and are in need of relief. Great numbers of young people are living aimlessly having no plan for the future for lack of self-awareness and knowledge.
Having said all that, your donation to the earth therefore is the positive contribution you give to the world that makes it a better place. It is the positive impact or difference you make in the lives of others. It’s the legacy you leave for posterity for which you will be remembered.
For more emphasis, your donation to the world is the extent to which you reduce the darkness in which others are kept and help them see the path that leads to the release of their potential and the actualization of their God-given purpose. It is the degree to which you make the lives of others sweeter.

Material Possessions are tools
To be more explicit, material and intellectual possessions are good and nice, but they are not an end. Instead they are a means to an end. They are like tools required to accomplish a task – making a difference in the world. They are not what actually matter in the final or grand scheme of things. It is the value you add to lives (how many people you help to become happier and better) by using these things that really determine whether you have actually lived well or not. This is what I call your donation or contribution to your world.

Choose To Make A Difference Through Your Contribution
See the way Leo Rosten put it, “The purpose of life is not to be happy – but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.”
The first line in the above quote never mean the purpose of life is not to be happy. I believe what Rosten meant is that, even in the midst of challenges where you see no reason to be happy, choose to make a difference. In other words, never use your pain as an excuse to live without making a positive contribution to the world you live in. Got it, right?
And finally, as Mother Theresa advised: “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, always start with the person nearest you.”
I hope this note motivates you to start making contribution to your world. Let me know your thought in the comment section, and to begin your step of impact, kindly share this with someone. Thanks and God bless you.

Your Contribution To The World Make You A Happy Better You
Today, strive to be a happy better version of yourself than you were yesterday; release your fullest potential and strive to live your best life.
Cheers to your happiness and best life.
Source: https://globgist.com/what-is-your-contribution-to-the-world/

(1) (Reply)

People Friendship University Of Russia Admission Process / The Secret To Doubling Your Profit... Part1. / SHE Technologies The Most Modified And No 1 Provider For CRM Property Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.