Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358741 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by datguytomi: 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
Outcome email: October 12, 2020
Yes, Ogudu office
Exam Date: September 17th

Aibisoye0:

When did you get the outcome email....is it Ogudu office? When was your exam date
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
ans123:
You better wait and get your TRF before entering the pool else you might be toying with a rejection.
I feel like we can learn to address people in a subtle and nice manner without being rude or condescending tbvh. And we can even ignore better still
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ih123: 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2020
[quote author=shadama post=94900120]Please has anyone done PCC recently in Abuja? They are telling us it's 20k at their office "because they have to send it to Lagos". Is this how it is now? I budgeted 10k only.[/quote

I paid 10k. Contact stella on 0806 691 2969

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
Thank you for the assistance.
Kekereekun123:
licensing is not required for express entry. When he get to canada he or she will do that one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Eraytee: 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
He's not rude, he only made a statement of his own opinion, ednut1 is correct. but telling someone to wait for TRF to avoid being rejected shouldn't be termed rude.

Debbieeeeeee:

I feel like we can learn to address people in a subtle and nice manner without being rude or condescending tbvh. And we can even ignore better still

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Naaomi(f): 6:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
You can send e-copies to them in the same way you'll upload your LLB certificate(before you get to the payment page). I considered this initially before deciding to send via my school and that's because there's a section on the ECA report where they'll state how the transcript was authenticated. I believe it should read that your school verified it.
So if you're uploading directly by yourself to them, make sure your school will be able to authenticate it by email .
Kacek:
thank you so much,I have heard about submitting electronic copies through fax,please how will I go about that? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
Hello guys. Please there is something about proof of funds that I have been trying to figure out. So please look at this scenario:

My Mutual fund from one bank had deposits over time from my earnings and large deposit from severance pay. Between July 16th and August I had about 5.2M and then I withdrew about 2.2M to change to dollars and deposit into My dorm account in another bank.
By August 20th, 2020 , I deposited $5,280 into my dorm account bringing my total balance to $6,819.
I worked as an independent contractor and got paid $2810 twice within two weeks directly into my dorm and the last deposit was on 2nd October, bringing the total as at that date to $12,439. This amount is sufficient and I still have 2.8 M in Mutual funds and about 800,000 in another savings app.

However, Ive done the average for both bank and mutual fund for 6 months statement if I was to get a statement from July 16th 2020-January 16th 2021 and it does not show average of the required sum for the 6 month period. But if I had left the 5.2 M in my mutual fund in July, I would have had more than average of the required sum by January.
What do I do in this case, I am confused.
I got laid off in May and still in the job market so I don't have any salary or inflows coming in like that.

My CRS is 481 but I have been waiting for my Husband to do IELTS and get ECA which is being delayed because of Unilag strike amongst other things and I might end up doing unaccompanied.
Do I even need to wait till January to upload documents because now I am inclined to enter the pool based on the date i have the required average balance?

Is there a way to explain this when submitting my documents? I would appreciate your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RealTrump: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
AyeeshaB:
Hello guys. Please there is something about proof of funds that I have been trying to figure out. So please look at this scenario:

My Mutual fund from one bank had deposits over time from my earnings and large deposit from severance pay. Between July 16th and August I had about 5.2M and then I withdrew about 2.2M to change to dollars and deposit into My dorm account in another bank.
By August 20th, 2020 , I deposited $5,280 into my dorm account bringing my total balance to $6,819.
I worked as an independent contractor and got paid $2810 twice within two weeks directly into my dorm and the last deposit was on 2nd October, bringing the total as at that date to $12,439. This amount is sufficient and I still have 2.8 M in Mutual funds and about 800,000 in another savings app.

However, Ive done the average for both bank and mutual fund for 6 months statement if I was to get a statement from July 16th 2020-January 16th 2021 and it does not show average of the required sum for the 6 month period. But if I had left the 5.2 M in my mutual fund in July, I would have had more than average of the required sum by January.
What do I do in this case, I am confused.
I got laid off in May and still in the job market so I don't have any salary or inflows coming in like that.

My CRS is 481 but I have been waiting for my Husband to do IELTS and get ECA which is being delayed because of Unilag strike amongst other things and I might end up doing unaccompanied.
Do I even need to wait till January to upload documents because now I am inclined to enter the pool based on the date i have the required average balance?

Is there a way to explain this when submitting my documents? I would appreciate your advice.

Your problem is that you have no problem. Check "gift deed" on page one. Also, wait for your husband, you are not under pressure of losing points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
Okay Thanks,

But what if I don't have anyone to give me money/a gift deed?

RealTrump:

Your problem is that you have no problem. Check "gift deed" on page one. Also, wait for your husband, you are not under pressure of losing points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
Eraytee:
He's not rude, he only made a statement of his own opinion, ednut1 is correct. but telling someone to wait for TRF to avoid being rejected shouldn't be termed rude.

I tire o my brother. I was about typing a similar response but decided to scroll down a bit. There was no iota of rudeness in @ans123's response. He was just being emphatic with the caution. Though his advice might not be totally correct except such file was transferred to a VO who is freshly high on weed. And @ednut1 has provided a safer option already. Secure ITA and edit, as long as it doesn't alter the CRS below the one that fetched the ITA..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
Where is @igethope and the other draw pundits? Pls come out and do the needful..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
heidepaper:
Hello house,
Meanwhile, I'll like to ask if a medical doctor can immigrate via the EE route (FSW). What NOC would they be under? The NOC I found; NOC 3112, said they need to complete the MCC qualifying exams (under the employment requirements) My friend has not completed the MCC qualifying exams and is not licensed to practice medicine in Canada. Is the EE route still possible? How can they go about this please?

Yes he can go via FSW. His NOC will be 3112 except if he's a consultant then it's 3111. No need for licensing exams, those are written there in the description to give an idea of what is usually needed to practice in the profession. He will only need to take the exams once he gets there, if he intends to practice. However his degree can only be evaluated by the MCC, not by WES and the others.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
heidepaper:
Hello house,
I´ve been reading this thread on behalf of a medical doctor friend and I intend to read more. Meanwhile, I'll like to ask if a medical doctor can immigrate via the EE route (FSW). What NOC would they be under? The NOC I found; NOC 3112, said they need to complete the MCC qualifying exams (under the employment requirements) My friend has not completed the MCC qualifying exams and is not licensed to practice medicine in Canada. Is the EE route still possible? How can they go about this please?

Apologies if this has already been talked about before and I have not gotten to the page. Please kindly point me in the direction where I can read it.

Thank you in advance.

For Express Entry, we do not need to meet the employment requirements of the NOC. See link and screenshot.

For how to go about it, pls refer to page 1.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
AyeeshaB:
Hello guys. Please there is something about proof of funds that I have been trying to figure out.

IRCC didn't ask for POF to be in the account for 6 months, they asked for 6 months average balance as part of the bank ref letter....see checklist.

If it were me, I would submit my USD bank ref letter and my bank statement for 6months (even though they didn't ask for this).

You may add an LOE to explain where the USD deposits are from (conversion from NGN and contract work, btw hope the contract work is going into your personal history post ITA), if it makes you feel better. Alternatively, you may leave the LOE out and explain only if you get an ADR.

The VOs have been known to come back to ask for 12 months worth of statements from a few, so I'm not sure the money not being in your account for 6 months is a reason for delaying your entry into the pool....... if the CRS 481 is without hubby's IELTS and ECA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 13, 2020
MissMa01:
I must confess this is a very mentally draining process after IELTS.
From my school being closed due to the pandemic to not even being sure of what NOC to use as I have a dual role to even knowing how to draft my JD according to IRCC requirement.

I may honestly have to decline ITA tomorrow because my can cannot can.

Oh I went for PCC and I was billed 15k�.

I wish everyone all the best journey and May it end in praise!!!

If you have the liberty to draft your JD for your employer to sign, make sure whatever you do, it's not a "cut & paste" of your NOC!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
Thank you.
Yes I am aware hence my concern, my 6 months average balance is not up to the required funds but total balance is more.
I pan to submit the two statements. Are you saying 6 month Ave balance does not need to be equal to funds needed?

I didn't really plan to add the contract work anywhere, It was a one month job, but probably in my personal history if i decide to as its not something I can get references for. Its not really important in the grand scheme of things. I do have a contract letter i can upload to show where the funds came from.

I mentioned the delay is my spouses ECA but its 481 on my own (unaccompanied), but as accompanied its lower without my Husbands ECA and IELTS, so I am waiting for him to get those in order.

Another concern is if we need to upload my Husbands actual Certificates post ITA, because we are trying to use statement of result now for ECA and we don't know how soon he can get his certificates from Unilag due to the strike. If he does well in IELTS like a band 7, we can get like 474 and leave the ECA out of it. *fingers crossed*

Mamaroon:

IRCC didn't ask for POF to be in the account for 6 months, they asked for 6 months average balance as part of the bank ref letter....see checklist.

If it were me, I would submit my USD bank ref letter and my bank statement for 6months (even though they didn't ask for this). You may add an LOE to explain where the USD deposits are from (conversion from NGN and contract work, btw hope the contract work is going into your personal history post ITA), if it makes you feel better. Alternatively, you may leave it out and explain only if you get an ADR. The VOs have been known to come back to ask for 12 month statements from a few people so I'm not sure the money not being in your account for 6 months is a reason for delaying your entry into the pool....... if the CRS 481 is without hubby's IELTS and ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mamazka: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2020
Thank you very much

quote author=Nacho4 post=94842958]If bolded is true, the obvious answer to both questions are No and yes

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mamazka: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
Thanks very much

Nacho4:
If bolded is true, the obvious answer to both questions are No and yes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Silversurfer1: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
ans123:
You better wait and get your TRF before entering the pool else you might be toying with a rejection.

This is false. She/he can enter the pool and take advantage of the draw tomorrow. The result is legit, only the date is the problem, which can be corrected post ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mamazka: 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2020
zodbaba:

After selecting No for the first question, the second question goes away , so the second answer is no longer relevant.
Thanks for contributing.

Thanks for the further clarification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Silversurfer1: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2020
sesan01:

I think you might need to create two different entries. I had 3 stints with same company (internship -> part time -> full time) and I had to create 3 different entries for them. Are you getting two different reference letters for these experiences? If yes, then I think you need to create different entries for them.

If it's the same job, two differenct entries are not needed. Location of the job is not important, unless it's in another country. One reference letter is okay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BFWestAfrican: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
Please, correct me if I am wrong. On IQAS website it is stated that it takes 14 weeks from the time all documents are received for evaluation tobe made & an additionnal 4 weeks if more than 1 certificate is being evaluted.
Are you saying that in reality one can receive an IQAS ECA within about 1 month after acknowledgement?
The 14 weeks timeline is actually the deciding factor for my choosing to go with WES instead of IQAS when the time comes. Please clarify.
Thanks.
Naaomi:
It takes them 3 weeks plus to acknowledge receipt of your transcript and a month (sometimes more or less) to complete evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jadel03: 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
Why not try evaluating with WES first?

My friend got exemptions for ACCA f1 to f9 (he did not write a single paper) and it was evaluated positively.

Ayo12345:
Which other professional qualification can be used to boost CRS apart from CIMA UK. I got exemption for my ACMA CGMA designation. I heard i can't use it because i got exemptions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sesan01: 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
Silversurfer1:

If it's the same job, two differenct entries are not needed. Location of the job is not important, unless it's in another country. One reference letter is okay

I had gaps in between each of these experiences, hence the need for multiple entries with the same reference letter which stated each work experience. If there are no gaps between those experiences, then one entry and reference letter is enough.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 14, 2020
Does one have to appear in person for the police certificate? Considering everything that's happening, I tried to call a contact to work it out and she said I have to present myself at Alagbon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ayo12345(m): 3:44am On Oct 14, 2020
Which bank card is reliable for paying the WES evaluation fee. Tried Zenith and Fidelity card it keeps declining.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:19am On Oct 14, 2020
thaprofit88:
Hello all. Please I need help urgently. I was nominated for Saskatchewan pnp from the last draws conducted, I
Please can any of you help me with someone that can play that part for me?
Please I will welcome your reply ASAP as deadline for submission is Nov 23. Thanks in advance
you too mumu. Its people like you that made manitoba stop doing family stream. Shame no even catch you.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by thaprofit88: 4:24am On Oct 14, 2020
Kekereekun123:
you too mumu. Its people like you that made manitoba stop doing family stream. Shame no even catch you.

Thanks for the response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Allegory(f): 4:40am On Oct 14, 2020
thaprofit88:
Hello all. Please I need help urgently. I was nominated for Saskatchewan pnp from the last draws conducted, I had a friend who we agreed will play the relative part for me when I get the pnp nomination.
Problem now is he passed on in August and now of all the requirements requested the only one I don’t have is relative in Saskatchewan.
Please can any of you help me with someone that can play that part for me?
Please I will welcome your reply ASAP as deadline for submission is Nov 23. Thanks in advance
This question should be addressed to the Actors Guild of Nigeria since all you need is people to play parts

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Annettevoke(f): 5:34am On Oct 14, 2020
Please advise house

1.What is AVERAGE BALANCE again? i thought the POF needs be in account for 6months and no worries?
2.Also must PCC be in colored, i mean the thumb printing parts?
3.Are we submitting the thumb printed parts of PCC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Silversurfer1: 6:40am On Oct 14, 2020
Mamaroon:

WES vs IQAS for Lawyers

Disclaimer: this is not to say lawyers should not use IQAS, grin I'm just looking for intellectual banter this fine Saturday afternoon .....with no party to attend!

Statement in bold 100% correct....HOWEVER I would assume VOs are bound by the information available to applicants on the Canadian Government websites.

And one of those sites clearly states that a BACHELOR OF LAWS is equivalent to a professional degree, not in general terms but in terms of reading the assessment from the ECA and CRS points awarded. See screenshot and link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Do VOs make mistakes? Of course, but I have never seen a judicial review case on this issue....so is it that Lawyers are no longer learned tongue ( they are not reading up and are not aware of what IRCC says about ECAs marked as Bachelor of Laws) or wahala is no longer their work (they are not taking IRCC up on its VOs' errors) or these rejection applications are getting reopened? Or maybe WES says normal Bachelor instead of Bachelor of Laws?

If the info on canada.ca and cic.gc.ca cannot be relied on, then what are we all doing here? In general, we pray that VOs do not make errors on our apps but were it to happen because of an ECA, POF, NOC or other issue, we shouldn't just fold our hands...after all the time and money spent!!

#RamblingsOfAnApplicant

Hahaha at these two statements. We are still learned and like wahala but money no dey oh. You don see wetin COVID don do to the world and Nigerians in particular? Hiring Lawyer to do Judicial review dey expensive but you're right. I'm surprised no Lawyer has taken up this issue. You are also right that the VOs should be bound to the requirements stated on their website.
On the Canada Immigrant forum, some applicants successfully used their WES assessment (LLB is equivalent to a 4 years Bachelor degree) by writing an LOE stating what the website says about Law degrees but the successful results are few and far between. It's mostly rejections I've seen.
It's just better for Lawyers to use IQAS to avoid stories that touch. I hope a rejection case on this issue is judicially reviewed though. It's high time they're called out on this unfair assessment. Why state something and do the exact opposite? Ko make sense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.