Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363664 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by philaw(m): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2020
oty1993:
Thanks for replying. Pls which of them in your opinion is better, should I schedule it for the same day as writing, listening etc or it would be too stressful for one day??

I did mine same day. IELTS isn't a big deal, actually, especially the speaking part. Takes max 15 minutes, so I don't see why it should be a different day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by isangjohnson: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2020
Those in Canada already should please help me to know an average monthly house rent for a family of four.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oty1993: 9:57am On Nov 05, 2020
Thank you. I think i prefer this option

philaw:
I did mine same day. IELTS isn't a big deal, actually, especially the speaking part. Takes max 15 minutes, so I don't see why it should be a different day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oty1993: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2020
Ask on "living in canada, life as a canadian immigrant" thread

isangjohnson:
Those in Canada already should please help me to know an average monthly house rent for a family of four.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sailat: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2020
Hi, i just received a mail from VFS GHANA requesting for a transmission fee of ghc1,130 . Please did you pay for this and how do i pay into their ghana account from Nigeria. Thank you
Please this is urgent..quote author=Lao4389 post=94979299]Congratulations.. see below

For those that want to submit passport. I have helped you get info:

For those looking to submit post-PPR applications to Accra....

info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com (email)

+233 50 129 5270 (contact number)

Address of the VFS Global Office in Accra is

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Baptist Convention House,
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,
Accra.

I’ll recommend DHL. I paid an extra N1500 for insurance. Probably advisable, just to cover possible loose ends.

Good luck with the process smiley

Oh, lest I forget, you aren’t submitting directly to the High Commission.

Heeeeeellllllllll no.

You are submitting to VFS Global Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

It’d also be smarter to pay for a return shipment by DHL and let VFS in on that. All that correspondence could be done via mail or phone, as given above.

Cheerio ✌️

[/quote]

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by isangjohnson: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2020
Yellowmellow.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by isangjohnson: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2020
oty1993.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2020
Pabodan:
Hello All,
Please I just realize that my job description in one of my places of work I intend to use for work reference (a primary health centre) for NOC 3113 (Dentist) does not closely match the NOC job description, majorly because I did not carry our any procedures (such as scaling and polishing, filing, extraction etc.). This is because the primary health centre does not have the relevant equipment. So most of what I did were examining patients with dental and oral complaints, administer drugs, refer to tertiary hospitals where the case is beyond what we could manage, Management of pediatric patients (Dietary counselling, fluoride therapy) and Oral health education. However, most of the other activities I carried out closely match that of Physician Assistant, which is part of NOC 3124 (Allied primary health practitioners). Even though I am a Dentist by training, do you then think I should change my NOC to 3124 post ITA, or leave at NOC 3113, based on the explanations above.
My humble opinion - please use NOC 3113. I think for us doctors there isn't much else you can be except a doctor when it comes to job duties... you will notice that your main duties match the lead statement of 3113. Even though there are some matches with 3124, I think 3113 is a better match. Not all doctors perform procedures/surgeries, and I can see that's the main thing missing there. You prescribed medications right? Please add that (use prescribe, not 'administer', I believe those are 2 different things). Also add "diagnose" eg "examine and diagnose patients with oral complaints". You should include something along the lines of "supervising other staff" (the last statement in 3113) which you likely would have done working with nurses, assistants etc. (Guidance on page 1 says it should match lead statement and essential duties).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:24am On Nov 05, 2020
oty1993:
Thanks for replying. Pls how were you able to cope, was it stressful at all doing it all in one day

For BC I took LRW from 9-11:30 then speaking at 12 , for IDP I took speaking at 9:30 and took LRW at 11am. It wasn’t stressful. It’s just a 20 minutes conversation and before you know it’s over . No need to worry about anything
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MadeMan01(m): 10:37am On Nov 05, 2020
Hello house,
Please I need your advice. My fiance is a graduate of nursing from a university in Cotonou where the course is not accredited by Nigerian authorities.
She just recently completed NYSC. I am about emigrating to Canada but want to get her licensed as a Canadian nurse to practice in Canada. I don't intend for her to do adaptation in Nigeria as I want to move next year with her. What is the process.
1. How do I get her nursing certificate from Cotonou evaluated
2. What is the process of becoming a nurse in Canada in a province of Manitoba
3. How long does the process take
4. How much is likely cost

Urgent responses appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2020
You are not the one to schedule your speaking. BC or IDP gives you an available speaking date which may come before or after your Listening, reading, writing. But you may also do all the same day depending on their schedule I wrote 3 times, 1BC, 2 idp, all in Lagos.

oty1993:
IELTS Schedule question.
Please guys, how many days before my IELTS exam will my speaking test be set. (estimated time)
I have three weeks to prepare, so I just need to know when to expect it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 11:15am On Nov 05, 2020
Nikkybeth:

Wow. My branch bluntly refused saying the reference letter cannot be altered. I'm now confused. Should I go back and keep insisting or should I use the letters I have and explain it. This thing is supposed to be easy and straight forward but I guess some people like to make things difficult. Same bank with staff giving conflicting info as if they don't have the same training. I'm just tired. Who knows maybe they gave you what you requested be cause you're already abroad. Sorry I'm just venting�
I have the same issue, went to the bank (first bank) with the format and everything, asked two different staff on different days and they said there's nothing they can do, that's their policy. That they won't give out a letter with such info, I can only attach my bank statement to the letter. So I accepted the reference letter like that, asked for letter of non-indebtedness as which I will attach with my bank statement and gift deed. I searched nairaland and saw some other stories of people that did the same, so I decided to do that and hope for the best. I will also add the explanation to my LOE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by slydog(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2020
shadama:

I have the same issue, went to the bank (first bank) with the format and everything, asked two different staff on different days and they said there's nothing they can do, that's their policy. That they won't give out a letter with such info, I can only attach my bank statement to the letter. So I accepted the reference letter like that, asked for letter of non-indebtedness as which I will attach with my bank statement and gift deed. I searched nairaland and saw some other stories of people that did the same, so I decided to do that and hope for the best. I will also add the explanation to my LOE.

Are all these necessary?
I believe in keeping application very simple and short.

Myself, I only uploaded my bank fixed deposit certificate and pension statement of account with reference letter from the pension company (mainly because of the 25% we can access from pension)

Yours is a gift deed, do you need letter of non indebtedness? Or even reference letter from the bank? Why not just get the deed, get the statement of account where the money came from and your own statement of account to show it's in your account, then maybe a reference letter that says you are the sole owner of the account, not even necessary to me.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nikkybeth: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
shadama:

Alright. Thanks a lot. I'll do the same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2020
This makes sense, and I wondered whether it's necessary as well. The reference letter is stated as mandatory which is why I don't want to leave it out. The only extra thing here is the letter of non indebtedness, may not be needed but I felt more comfortable adding it since I couldn't get the required format of the reference letter and part of the things mentioned in the format is something along the lines of that they have to state "you don't owe the bank anything". Even without this letter I would only upload gift deed, my bank statement and the ref letter they gave me.
slydog:

Are all these necessary?
Myself, I only uploaded my bank fixed deposit certificate and pension statement of account with reference letter from the pension company (mainly because of the 25% we can access from pension)
Yours is a gift deed, do you need letter of non indebtedness? Or even reference letter from the bank? Why not just get the deed, get the statement of account where the money came from and your own statement of account to show it's in your account, then maybe a reference letter that says you are the sole owner of the account, not even necessary to me.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nikkybeth: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
slydog:

Are all these necessary?

From page 1 you'll see you need a reference letter from the bank with specific details. The extra letters are part of the details just that they are different documents. I believe it is better to err on the side of surplusage and let them choose and use their discretion, instead of coming up short of the requirements. Also, the bank statement of the Donor for a gift deed is not required that is why the Donee's statement is required to highlight the transaction. My humble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sam079: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
AyeeshaB:
I have already passed my limit for the month ($100)on all my naira cards thats why I ask, but maybe I would use my husbands account or something.
Thanks

Gtbank is now USD200 per month. Try use your card again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sam079: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
Nikkybeth:

Wow. My branch bluntly refused saying the reference letter cannot be altered. I'm now confused. Should I go back and keep insisting or should I use the letters I have and explain it. This thing is supposed to be easy and straight forward but I guess some people like to make things difficult. Same bank with staff giving conflicting info as if they don't have the same training. I'm just tired. Who knows maybe they gave you what you requested be cause you're already abroad. Sorry I'm just venting�

Go back and insist. I got mine in the required format from the branch on Ademola Adetokunbo street in VI.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by femcold: 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
fowoty:
Good Evening house

Please who has a contact of who I can contact at Federal Polytechnic ilaro in order for them to verify my credentials from Wes.

Is Federal Polytechnic ilaro receiving fee for verification?
Yes I think you have to pay and they will mail the verification to WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Pabodan: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2020
shadama:

My humble opinion - please use NOC 3113. I think for us doctors there isn't much else you can be except a doctor when it comes to job duties... you will notice that your main duties match the lead statement of 3113. Even though there are some matches with 3124, I think 3113 is a better match. Not all doctors perform procedures/surgeries, and I can see that's the main thing missing there. You prescribed medications right? Please add that (use prescribe, not 'administer', I believe those are 2 different things). Also add "diagnose" eg "examine and diagnose patients with oral complaints". You should include something along the lines of "supervising other staff" (the last statement in 3113) which you likely would have done working with nurses, assistants etc. (Guidance on page 1 says it should match lead statement and essential duties).

Thank you so much for this, I'm grateful and will do as you advised.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
AyeeshaB:
I have already passed my limit for the month ($100)on all my naira cards thats why I ask, but maybe I would use my husbands account or something.
Thanks
If by any chance you still have a UK card (or know someone who has), you can send money directly to the account using OhentPay app and use the card to pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by clow(m): 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
Hello all
I work as a customer service representative in my office. I'm aware that it falls under Noc c, but my job description/roles fits a particular recognized Noc can I choose that Noc for my application.
Kindly advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Heffalump(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2020
Zeus04:

It is well my bro/sis. You will be get your desired ITA.

For the rest of us, let's all start praying that Trump looses this election o! I am sure some of you would be wondering how e take affect your PR process.... Here's the gist...
Trump is against immigration to the US, and by default, loads of people will turn their attention to Canada as the next option...this will increase competition as we have seen in the past 2 years or so. If Biden wins, he is pro immigration and all will go back to normal as people would naturally prefer to move to the US than Canada.
PS. Can't even believe I am concerned about US election and not concerned by my own countrys... Lolz. It's well.

You made a lot of sense here that many will not understand, bro.

Even, IRCC has mentioned that the US and Mexico are some of the countries in North America whose citizens are emigrating to Canada in drones (thanks to CUSMA agreement). For the US, many of the citizens are truly fed up with the Trump's style of governance and toxic foreign policy, such that they prefer to abandon the country for him. grin

A victory for Biden will surely change the narratives. Lets be hopeful folks!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by slydog(m): 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2020
Nikkybeth:

From page 1 you'll see you need a reference letter from the bank with specific details. The extra letters are part of the details just that they are different documents. I believe it is better to err on the side of surplusage and let them choose and use their discretion, instead of coming up short of the requirements. Also, the bank statement of the Donor for a gift deed is not required that is why the Donee's statement is required to highlight the transaction. My humble opinion.

Then I guess we all do what gives us peace. I used just TD letter, it had everything they want, the amount, a financial institution, phone numbers and email with which they can verify authenticity, in addition to my pension reference letter and statement.
My application is in OVO, I have passed Eligibility, criminality and medical, only security outstanding for me.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
slydog:

Then I guess we all do what gives us peace. I used just TD letter, it had everything they want, the amount, a financial institution, phone numbers and email with which they can verify authenticity, in addition to my pension reference letter and statement.
My application is in OVO, I have passed Eligibility, criminality and medical, only security outstanding for me.

You just said the word! Someone on a WhatsApp group for lawyers that I’m In , used the reference letter From the bank in the Prescribed IRCC format only, without any statements or anything and she’s in Canada now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2020
clow:
Hello all
I work as a customer service representative in my office. I'm aware that it falls under Noc c, but my job description/roles fits a particular recognized Noc can I choose that Noc for my application.
Kindly advise
Which noc code does your job description fit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
isangjohnson:
Thanks
kijiji.ca, rentfaster.ca. Why are people allergic to research and google angry

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
MadeMan01:
Hello house,
Please I need your advice. My fiance is a graduate of nursing from a university in Cotonou where the course is not accredited by Nigerian authorities.
She just recently completed NYSC. I am about emigrating to Canada but want to get her licensed as a Canadian nurse to practice in Canada. I don't intend for her to do adaptation in Nigeria as I want to move next year with her. What is the process.
1. How do I get her nursing certificate from Cotonou evaluated
2. What is the process of becoming a nurse in Canada in a province of Manitoba
3. How long does the process take
4. How much is likely cost

Urgent responses appreciated
a simple Google of question number 2 is all you need. Contact the body in charge and explain you situation. Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by goldbergg: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
Can i use my NYSC bank payment as extra proof of work experience? The organization i served payed every 4 months, which might complicates things.

What would you advice i use between this two bank statements
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
goldbergg:
Can i use my NYSC bank payment as extra proof of work experience? The organization i served payed every 4 months, which might complicates things.

What would you advice i use between this two bank statements
submit only reference letter. If they need extra proofs let them contact you. Submit the mandatory document which ia reference letter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sweetlikehoney: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2020
Please I need

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.