Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1363769 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by alteco007(m): 6:21am On Dec 23, 2020
Borntoconquer:
Make payment into BC account, print out the EOR form from BC website, send your completed form and evidence of payment to exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org
Provide the candidate’s details in the body of the email.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 6:55am On Dec 23, 2020
Travelpes:
The ref letter he has is enough, he can mention his previous work history under personal history and he won't need a ref letter for that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by profEtk: 7:20am On Dec 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
pls can i choose Noc 2224 - Conservation and fishery officers

I have a degree in Fisheries and wildlife management and masters in marine polution and management i ve worked in a fishery institute before starting a fish farm i run with my brother.
how do i show proof of being paid at the farm sine i didnt run it through the bank ,basically cash transaction.

please advise thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jancollins: 7:32am On Dec 23, 2020
Hello Friends..
Got Remedical after PPR as Accra refused to stamp Passports. Already got extension but Accra still no stamp am.

VO: Sydney

Anyone booked IOM or Qlife for Late Dec or Early January, and not in need of it?
Or you have a link to getting early date?

I beg help me ooh.
I take God beg.....
Reach me on 09132987644
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Msidiodi: 7:45am On Dec 23, 2020
Good morning guys! I hear PPR is raining today oh! Congratulations to those that have gotten theirs.
Please a friend needs advice on what to do. Her AOR is july 2019, VO Accra, secondary VO Hong Kong. She sent a ready to travel mail to Hong Kong and they responded like 2 weeks ago that her application has been approved and she should have gotten her PPR email and that she should check her spam and all. I got the same mail too and we decided to reply the mail despite the fact that we were told to refrain from sending them a mail.
I got PPR on the 17th but she’s yet to get hers.
Please, do you guys think there’s anything she can do? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Datevilme: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2020
drdams:

Wao. Not normal. Raisee GCMS of recent to confirm if your file is in Hong Kong

Thanks, got the BIL this morning.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tysaxmalomo: 7:48am On Dec 23, 2020
Dulles25:

Does CES evaluate LLB as a professional degree?

I think only IQAS does. NCA last I read informed CES or ICES to stop issuing first pofessional degree for Law degrees.

Best you can hope for is for the application to read Bachelor of Laws. That way you can still claim points for professional Degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2020
ShoeShineGuy:
Pele.. Most of the good things about this Canada waka don't come easy. Ask anyone, those ahead of us inclusive, we'll have one story of frustration or the other to tell.. Is it the almost 500k that I had to cough out just to evaluate with a certain evaluation body or is it the money spent on spouse's WAEC coupled with their lengthy delay and after sending finally, a request for resending of this same document by WES came while a week later after getting resent, WAEC was scrapped? grin or is it wifey's over-a-year-long-six-attempts battle with IELTS? My brother or sis, it's a good thing you rant about these things but in all, just know it's for the better good. Hopefully, CES will turn out a better alternative for you.
All the best. In all things, rejoice!
Thanks for the words... I already did Wes for her but she needs to be the PA now hence why I'm reevaluating her LLB... time is of essence in this journey you know

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Miredo(f): 8:01am On Dec 23, 2020
Toludebs:
Good evening,
Please anyone in IT, preferably a Developer, I need help with my Job Description as to the NOC code to use, I am torn between 2175 and 2173.
Please I need your help.

I think it would be 2175. My husband is a developer and that's what we chose. Look at this picture attached below. 2173 excludes these guys from people that can claim that NOC code. And web developer, computer programmer falls under the exclusion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2020
elohim24:
Well, I think I'm done with IQAS, I was able to create a draft for my wife a month ago and I've been trying to make payment ever since... unfortunately, the draft expired today which means I will have to create another application which might take 2 weeks. I will just channel all my energy toward CES, I wish ircc can recognise Wes LLB as first professional degree. This IQAS is nonsense at its peak.

Elohim24
Someone actually evaluated LLB with CES and got a professional degree last month - https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/204#96161444

I had the same issue with IQAS. My wife created a profile last month to evaluate her LLB but we couldn’t pay until it expired. We created one with CES Toronto immediately, paid the next day and got her school to courier her transcripts 3 days after.

We also emailed CES requesting to know if it’s okay for her school to email her transcripts to CES, as opposed to sending it via courier. Just yesterday, CES responded to her email saying that her school should email the transcripts to them. And that due to the second COVID-19 wave and lockdown in Toronto, they won’t be able to retrieve any physical document sent to their office.

Their email says processing time is 16 -20 weeks after they receive your documents.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Cheerfulmum: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2020
Congratulations. What's your aor.

Datevilme:

Thanks, got the BIL this morning.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by dyduds(m): 8:36am On Dec 23, 2020
DavidHume:

What method did you use lemme check their present rate pls
I used a relative's Canadian Credit card. But she used her GTB to calculate how much in Naira I'm paying back. At the end of the day I sent N388600 for 1325CAD (I already have a valid Biometric). Again Naira had not devaluated this much then . If you're to do it now it'll be more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by phabulous88(m): 8:50am On Dec 23, 2020
tysaxmalomo:

I think only IQAS does. NCA last I read informed CES or ICES to stop issuing first pofessional degree for Law degrees.

Best you can hope for is for the application to read Bachelor of Laws. That way you can still claim points for professional Degree.

Could you please share a link where NCA says CES and ICES should stop issuing first professional degree to LLBs?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DavidHume(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2020
DavidHume:
Pls if i am been given a gift deeds by my wife. And my POF in just sitted in my acct. Do i need to provide any letter from The bank again as those who have their money in fixed Deposit or just the Gift deed and the statement of account is enough for my POF verification.

Secondly, pls if i have a lien been put on my PoF in my account to ensure no withdrawal is made from The money does it in any way dent or affect my POF verification by the Visa officer?

Lastly does a investment certificate from an asset management company stating i have an amount equivalent to my POF available in my name and to my use also pass for POF verification. And most the investment have been reading to have been there months before ITA? Someone told me at least 2month. And do i need to submit a SOA inaddition to the certificate?

Pls someone help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DavidHume(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2020
Msidiodi:
Good morning guys! I hear PPR is raining today oh! Congratulations to those that have gotten theirs.
Please a friend needs advice on what to do. Her AOR is july 2019, VO Accra, secondary VO Hong Kong. She sent a ready to travel mail to Hong Kong and they responded like 2 weeks ago that her application has been approved and she should have gotten her PPR email and that she should check her spam and all. I got the same mail too and we decided to reply the mail despite the fact that we were told to refrain from sending them a mail.
Please, do you guys think there’s anything she can do? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Congrat
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oluwabarbie: 9:05am On Dec 23, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]Barter by flutterwave uses black market rate and only transact in usd, so 1325 CAD should be about 1020 USD or even more. The buying black market rate of usd to naira as at 4th November was 458 which means you will be needing at least 467,160 Naira for your application fee.
dyduds:

You dont think? Well those whose AOR is November 4 can attest that the amount paid was 1325 CAD and NOT 1410.

I so dont know what exchange rate you're using but CAD to Naira an the day I made that transaction was approximately 300Naira.

I don't know why you sound apprehensive as though you're used to people lie to you or vice versa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ThatCEO: 9:16am On Dec 23, 2020
Toludebs:
Good evening,
Please anyone in IT, preferably a Developer, I need help with my Job Description as to the NOC code to use, I am torn between 2175 and 2173.
Please I need your help.

What kind of software developer exactly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Gracias08: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
Thank you.
tysaxmalomo:

WES is generally faster, but if you're a lawyer you're advised to use IQAS to get favourable outcome on the degree equivalency tool.

Up to you though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Francieuche: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2020
Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Solidcitizen: 9:32am On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=Farajobi post=97312498][/quote]

Thank you so much. The payment went through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Solidcitizen: 9:39am On Dec 23, 2020
dyduds:

Do not use flutterwave Barter o... be warned. There are restrictions on what you can use your Barter dollar card for.. it's not gonna work on CIC.
Also you WILL lose money. The dollar buy rate is lower than sell , so if you try and it fails, your money will never remain the same again (lol). My own is still paining me

I used it las night and it worked. It didnt work initially because I was short of a few dollars, based on the explanation provided by their support team (on Twitter). I added a few extra dollars and viola!

Please dont mislead people on this thread. Yours probably didnt go thru because you were missing a few dollars
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ejay(f): 9:39am On Dec 23, 2020
BootyliciousHon:
Finally I get to do this after first discovering this page at Part 4 (or was it 3? I dont remember)

PPR Timeline

My IELTS-R9, L8, S8, W7

Hubbys IELTS- R8, L8, S8, W6.5

My TEF: CO B1, CE B2, EO B1, EE C1

22 Oct 2018- Express Entry Profile opened

5 March 2019- Notification of interest letter from Alberta

15 April 2019- Nomination letter from Alberta ( 600 sweet points)

17 April 2019- ITA (cutoff 451)
CRS score- 1020

14 May 2019- AOR

26 June 2019 - MEP/BIL

17 Dec 2020 (1:24am) – PPR!!! (Leter dated 11 Dec 2020)

Total wait from AOR- 583days!

Congratulations, I wish you all the best in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adaaso: 9:40am On Dec 23, 2020
Heard IOM gives concession to people with issues like this...try reaching them
jancollins:
Hello Friends..
Got Remedical after PPR as Accra refused to stamp Passports. Already got extension but Accra still no stamp am.

Anyone booked IOM or Qlife for Late Dec or Early January, and not in need of it?

I beg help me ooh.
I take God beg.....
Reach me on 09132987644

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2020
elohim24:

Thanks for the words... I already did Wes for her but she needs to be the PA now hence why I'm reevaluating her LLB... time is of essence in this journey you know
I indeed know and indeed been through that road. We were two and half weeks away from losing 5 precious points and one draw at most in between, and at 469. Two draws before then, the cut-off shot up to 478, then crashed back to 472 and out of the blues, a back-to-back draw that dropped the CRS cut-off below 470 for the first time in over a year. I had started learning French by myself (because I just don't want to give up trying) and was presently at B2 when wifey secured her ITA.

Just take things easy bro, exploit any avenue to gain additional points, be positive while giving it your best shot, it will work out for your good in due time, all these delays and frustrations notwithstanding.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Palaexpress: 9:59am On Dec 23, 2020
Solidcitizen:

I used it las night and it worked. It didnt work initially because I was short of a few dollars, based on the explanation provided by their support team (on Twitter). I added a few extra dollars and viola!

Please dont mislead people on this thread. Yours probably didnt go thru because you were missing a few dollars

Congratulations on your successful AOR. Please what was the rate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BootyliciousHon: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2020
Thanks.

I simply sent them a cash salary certificate and attached scanned copies of the pay vouchers.

By the way, I got my last GCMS notes this morning and noticed that Hongkong (secondary VO) didn't even pay any attention to my work experience! Lol.

Annettevoke:
CONGRATS pls what was your response to the ADR for cash payment?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by TheChi: 10:14am On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=Msidiodi post=9734489
Thank you. [/quote]

She'll get it soon. The mails are coming from Accra, and you know they work at their own pace
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Igethope: 10:19am On Dec 23, 2020
jancollins:
Hello Friends..

I have Jan 7 .

I beg help me ooh.
I take God beg.....
Reach me on 09132987644
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Igethope: 10:22am On Dec 23, 2020
Dear IRCC, pls do draw today o. Let my people get early Xmas gift.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Onebase79(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2020
Finally! After a year long battle with Ielts, we're finally free.
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 6.5 upgraded to 7.0 after remark
S 7.5
Hope to receive ITA today with a Crs of 471
Funny thing is that I didn't get a mail from MOD about an upgrade, I just had an inkling to check the results again 2weeks after applying for EOR.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Palaexpress: 10:37am On Dec 23, 2020
Igethope:
Dear IRCC, pls do draw today o. Let my people get early Xmas gift.

As in eh, I am so glued to my phone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Palaexpress: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2020
Onebase79:
Finally! After a year long battle with Ielts, we're finally free.
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 6.5 upgraded to 7.0 after remark
S 7.5
Hope to receive ITA today with a Crs of 471
Funny thing is that I didn't get a mail from MOD about an upgrade, I just had an inkling to check the results again 2weeks after applying for EOR.

Wow... congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.