Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1365326 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Maneq: 7:45am On Sep 17, 2020
smtee:

COPR email/ PPR :Sep 12

Congrats @ Smtee and Deedsy

Do giveaway.
Secondly @Deedsy, dont be minding oversabi people

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 8:43am On Sep 17, 2020
Congratulations....I'll epp u drink to it grin

smtee:
@deedsy congratulations!

I have similar dates.

COPR email/ PPR :Sep 12
I contacted VFS in Lagos and they are yet to resume passport collection. Are you aware of this ?
Secondly, from the email I got I can’t tell my VO location. Please advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GoodofNaija: 8:44am On Sep 17, 2020
Abiodunnn:
Thank you for contacting us and thanks for taking the IELTS with British Council.

If you are not happy with your IELTS score, you can apply for an Enquiry on Results Service (EOR) through the IELTS Administrator at the British Council office in charge of your test.

Under the IELTS policy, you can apply for an Enquiry on Results service (EOR) within 6 weeks from your test date. The cost is NGN15,000 by Bank transfer. You will also need to download the form here https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/sites/default/files/eor-form_as_atjan2019.pdf and submit the form via email.

Please initiate a bank transfer to the account details stated below:

Bank Name: Standard Chartered Bank

Account Number: 0002859402

Account Name: British Council Trading Services Nigeria Limited

In the remark/comment field on the payment platform, enter the candidate name.

Please send the following to examsnigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org immediately after payment:

Evidence of payment (summary slip or transfer receipt)
Candidate full names
Account holder’s name
Location of test
The outcome will normally be available within 2 to 21 days, depending on several factors including the number of sections requested for remark. If you receive no response after 28 days, please contact the British Council office nearest to you.

If your score increases after the EOR, you will be required to return your old Test Report Form and a new one will be issued. Also, the EOR cost will be refunded, therefore, keep your payment receipt with care as this is required to give refund.

If your score remains the same, you will receive an email informing you of the outcome.

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 8:44am On Sep 17, 2020
Congratulations Deedsy....ahead ahead!!!

Deedsy:
Just received my PPR.. Wow! I'm still surprised as I called IRCC just yesterday and was told my eligibility was recommended pass while my security had not been started. My AOR was on March 12 and due date Sept 12. I was thinking the Covid would have delayed the application.

I'm so grateful to God and to every single person here on Nairaland. And to all the mods who helped create fantastic page 1. That was all I read and that was what helped me submit a good application.

Thank you Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Honeydoc(f): 8:54am On Sep 17, 2020
Deedsy:
Just received my PPR.. Wow! I'm still surprised as I called IRCC just yesterday and was told my eligibility was recommended pass while my security had not been started. My AOR was on March 12 and due date Sept 12. I was thinking the Covid would have delayed the application.

I'm so grateful to God and to every single person here on Nairaland. And to all the mods who helped create fantastic page 1. That was all I read and that was what helped me submit a good application.

Thank you Nairaland.
Wow! A big Congratulations to you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kiari: 9:10am On Sep 17, 2020
Deedsy:

Thank you Nairaland.

Wow, Indeed it has ended in praise...Congratulations grin cheesy Go and conquer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2020
Congests
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 17, 2020
Deedsy:

Thank you Nairaland.

Congratulations!!!
It's such a relief to see that people are still having their applications completed within the exact processing time. I got fed up with reading stories about applications that are loooong over due.
All the best in this new phase.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Naaomi(f): 9:35am On Sep 17, 2020
Congratulations!!
Deedsy:
Just received my PPR.. Wow! .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by doctorseven: 9:36am On Sep 17, 2020
Congrats to all those who got ITA yesterday.
If you are interested in joining an ITA group, pm me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Blinkingbae: 9:39am On Sep 17, 2020
Good morning guys, please I need to pay for my wes... How do I pay? My bank limit is 100dollars, please I need someone to help me here... Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by francophone134: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2020
Blinkingbae:
Good morning guys, please I need to pay for my wes... How do I pay? My bank limit is 100dollars, please I need someone to help me here... Thank you
have u tried using your card to pay. We'll, I think you should be fine paying with your credit/debit card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Harvest09(m): 10:11am On Sep 17, 2020
@Deedsy
Congratulationsss, the waiting is over, please how did you call IRCC, called but the line not going through, please help out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Mirian91(f): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2020
Wow. Big congratulations to you. Coukd you please state your timeline. Do you have masters and siblings there?

IfeOlala:

shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ovywils: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2020
Congratulations @deedsy & @smtee

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Silversurfer1: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2020
I was temporarily suspended from posting because I gave sound advise. Na wa oh. E be tins
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adanac13: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2020
Hi I'm an alumni just a phone call is all you need to do (it was unbelievably easy). Get the following ready:

1) Your card details for payment over the phone
2) WES ref number (they already have the address)
3) Your student number

they charged about 10 quid last year not up to 15 quid. Good luck
goldbergg:
Anybody here who attended Dundee? I want to know if they have been able to get the University to send transcript to WES and how long it took

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2020
Congratulations Deedsy and Smtee. May the rest of the journey be smooth.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2020
I can understand where BlestHan is coming from. There's no crime in going through someone's profile as I had just done same to her & I realized she indeed is not a sadist from her previous posts. I saw also that the @Deedsy who posted PPR success joined few days back and was asking questions about NOC. It's only rational that one becomes suspicious. Whether one would go ahead to point that out or not is now an individual issue. Moreso, the OP clarified in his response why he was asking NOC-based question and acknowledged anyone would have pointed that disparity out as well.

During the time @Tina was active, there was indeed someone dropping fake PPR gists. All said and done, it's in order to congratulate @Deedsy on the PPR. All the best in Canny to him. Cheers to everyone.

Debbieeeeeee:

You can just say congrats or you move on. You don’t need all these quoting of posts . Ko necessary at all.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Blinkingbae: 11:16am On Sep 17, 2020
francophone134:
have u tried using your card to pay. We'll, I think you should be fine paying with your credit/debit card
it's 220 dollars that's why... I really need to pay today or tomorrow
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Allegory(f): 11:23am On Sep 17, 2020
Please has anyone ever had their speaking test with MOD scheduled for 9 days after the written tests. I want to register for ielts with MOD on the 26th of September, but my passport expires on the 5th of October. I'm trying to quickly get a new one but they're saying no booklets so it would take two weeks. Please who knows if they ever schedule speaking tests as late as 9 days after the rest of the tests
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by zorodninja(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2020
Marysgirl4:
Congratulations dear. Wow

Congrats!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 11:41am On Sep 17, 2020
That’s too long. It is usually before or same test day. You should register now, I mean week of 5th October is when you should be expecting your result . I think you are good to go.
Allegory:
Please has anyone ever had their speaking test with MOD scheduled for 9 days after the written tests. I want to register for ielts with MOD on the 26th of September, but my passport expires on the 5th of October. I'm trying to quickly get a new one but they're saying no booklets so it would take two weeks. Please who knows if they ever schedule speaking tests as late as 9 days after the rest of the tests

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 11:58am On Sep 17, 2020
Gidobaba:
Hello Fam,

I need your help with choosing the right NOC.

I'm an Electrical/Electronics Engineer in the marine Industry and NOC 7242 best suits my job duties to about 90%. This is NOC C and it is eligible for express entry as well.

My fears now are the employment requirements. it says I need to have undergone some apprenticeship for a couple of years before I'm qualified.

I didn't do any apprenticeship or training but my Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering qualifies me for the job here.

Filling my profile and I'm on that field that asks when I first qualified to work in that capacity. I don't know if I'm to put the year I earned my degree or not since I don't have any apprenticeship training.

Should I ignore what's on the "employment requirements" ?

I'm puzzled. Please help me out. Thanks

NOC C doesn’t qualify for express entry so check again because It’s either 0,A or B.

Unless your profession is regulated and you need a certificate to continue practicing in Canada, i’ll say ignore the requirements. Put the year you Graduated university as the year you first qualified.

Also ensure that your actual job description matches that of the NOC you choose not just job title.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adejumokecares: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2020
Allegory:

I doubt if it could be that long. Mine was a day after the written exam. Most people did theirs before the written exams. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
Allegory:

It’s always within a week of your listening and others. So it could be few days before the saturday or on the Saturday immediately after writing The others or a day after. Go ahead and book now that your passport is still valid because no booklet truly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
PRFirstlady:
Hi Everyone and congratulations to all ITA Clinchers.

I’ve had to request for my UK PCC that was around March this year because I was expecting to receive ITA before the pandemic.

Due to the drop down on Crs cut off now. I’m expectant with 471.

How long does the UK PCC last for before expiring. Although I read 12months, would like to confirm. Just in case one needs to request again.

P.S I’m currently living in Nigeria.

As long as you did it after leaving the UK, do not worry. It’s still very much valid. I’m about to apply for mine and also expecting at 471.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adejumokecares: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2020
Deedsy:

Thank you Nairaland.

Wow!!!
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
Dimple10:

NOC C doesn’t qualify for express entry so check again because It’s either 0,A or B.

Unless your profession is regulated and you need a certificate to continue practicing in Canada, i’ll say ignore the requirements. Put the year you Graduated university as the year you first qualified.

Also ensure that your actual job description matches that of the NOC you choose not just job title.
From the attached file, how is that NOC level C and ineligible?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2020
PRFirstlady:
Hi Everyone and congratulations to all ITA Clinchers.

I’ve had to request for my UK PCC that was around March this year because I was expecting to receive ITA before the pandemic.

Due to the drop down on Crs cut off now. I’m expectant with 471.

How long does the UK PCC last for before expiring. Although I read 12months, would like to confirm. Just in case one needs to request again.

P.S I’m currently living in Nigeria.

My advise: why not just get another one when you get ITA? See below from ACRO and IRCC

Length of time for which a certificate is valid? There is no set period of time for which the Police Certificate is considered to be valid.
Embassies, High Commissions, consulates or other authorities will usually require you to produce a Police Certificate which has been issued less than six months before your visa interview or travel date. Some countries will only accept a Police Certificate which is less than one month old. It is your responsibility to check with the relevant authority before making an application.

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police-Certificates-FAQs#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20set%20period,visa%20interview%20or%20travel%20date.

Date the certificate was issued -
For the country where you currently live
The police certificate for the country where you currently live: must be issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application
must not be expired.

For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row. Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:
*it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
*it is not for the country where you currently live

An officer may ask for a new one later on.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
francophone134:
please help, I have trouble paying with my firstbank mastercard, it’s a naira account. How else can I pay please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by seunpinky(m): 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good day all, I have two questions:
1. for those that got Sept 2nd ITA, has anyone been able to make payment for application and ppr fee. I ought to pay 3,045CAD but i can't make that payment from my bank's debit card. Please what options are available for payment?

2. When using Stanbic Mutual Fund as POF, do i still need to get a reference letter from my bank stating i don't have any indebtedness. Or the Letter from the Mutual Fund alone is fine?

@ednut1@mamoroon and every other persons

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.