Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,756 members, 7,831,444 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1374133 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Saynoomore: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
saskatoonguy:
i know what US style of date is. But here is the Mistake.

The real date of birth is May 1, 1989 which can rewritten as 01/05/1989 or 05/01/1989(US style). But they wrote January 5, 1989 whereas my month of birth is May. Same Mistake was done for almost all my mate

Hope you saw where the mistake is?

Sure I see what you mean. You MUST correct that error! It will potentially affect your application. Do so quickly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lagbaja88:
if the relative got a better job in Ontario. He will go na
E don be.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by saskatoonguy: 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
Thanks everyone for the advice on the CERTIFICATE & DOB error
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by aggese(m): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Good day house please I have a question
I have a friend whose son is a usa citizen last year ircc sent him ADR for a new passport for his son because both his nigerian passport and us passport expired same month. He renewed the Nigerian one and sent it but left the US one his reason was that the ADR didn't specify which one.
My question now is can IRCC still process with just the one he renewed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
GraciousWords:

Great that DOB on transcript sent by UI is correct and on ECA too....like you say obviously an admin/printing error.

As for certificate, your call whether to include it or not....is "proof of educational credential, your certificate or transcript or statement of results? Your call......be guided by IRCC and instinct. See links and screenshots and click on the ? beside the education placeholder on your APR and then decide.

Different strokes for different folks, some believe in short and simple, some (like me cool) believe in "put yourself in VOS shoes" and respond to whatever would cross your own mind as a question/query.....why wait for an ADR when the issue can be addressed upfront? It's one thing to provide what they didn't ask us for, like a lot of us do for ECA copy..... but quite another not to provide what was explicitly requested.

But....we agree to disagree smiley

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#e
So what will people without certificates do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 11:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
MissMa01:

So what will people without certificates do?

'Don't know to be honest. The way I read the IRCC instructions, we are required to provide certificates in our APRs, and I assume everyone gets one after their degree (is this me being naive?)....even if the ECA body may not require one to evaluate your degree. #MyUnderstanding.

Obviously, I can't argue with someone else's experience....... if they say they didn't submit a degree certificate to IRCC and still got their app approved, I don't have a come back to that.

As I said, let's agree to disagree.

Ps: I assumed the question wasn't rhetorical smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 19, 2021
aggese:
Good day house please I have a question
I have a friend whose son is a usa citizen last year ircc sent him ADR for a new passport for his son because both his nigerian passport and us passport expired same month. He renewed the Nigerian one and sent it but left the US one his reason was that the ADR didn't specify which one.
My question now is can IRCC still process with just the one he renewed?
Since the child doesn't need a visit visa to come to Canada, he may need to have the US passport renewed and transmitted to IRCC. He can tag along you with a visa on his Nigerian passport, so if you paid for his visit visa, then the Nigerian passport should do. My opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmandu(f): 12:20am On Jul 19, 2021
Dimple10:

It has been said that you can get your colleague or supervisor to write you reference on plain paper, include their current contact details and sign it ( I hear you need to notarise, not sure if its necessary). They'll also give a copy of their work ID card showing their designation et al which you'll submit along with an LOE stating why/how you came about the reference. You can also include your employment letter and your work ID as backup. Basically anything that can prove you actually work there.

Ensure that the reference meets IRCC standard - ensure that the job description on your reference letter matches (1) the lead statement, (2) all the essential duties and (3) most of the main duties listed on your chosen NOC. **NOC mismatch is one of the most common reasons for rejected FSW applications.**

The bolded is more important.

LOE should cover the following points.
- State the reason why you cannot get a reference letter from employer, if you have any evidence to support you statement, please mention it and also attach it along with the letter.
- In absence of the letter, mention what proactive steps you have taken to prove your work experience.
- Mention the list of documents which you are submitting, in the absence of the reference letter.
- Request the Case Officer to consider your case in light of your situation and also in terms of the proactive steps taken by you to submit best alternative documentary evidence.

All the best! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Itzmemikky: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Greetings house

Please I need your advice

I am starting Canadan express entry process by end of this month

I have diploma in foreign affairs and strategic study, i work as a property consultant in real estate firm(i have been with the fiirm for.more than 3yrs). I am 37 yr old

My wife is a dentist, she works in one of the teaching hospitals in Nigeria(she has more than 3 yrs experience. She is 27 yr old

We have 2 kids

Please house I need your advice on the following

1. A to Z canadian express entry process
2. How to get excellent score from IELTS and how to practise for IELTS
3. How to go about Gift Deed for proof of funds
4. Best way to convert certificate
5. Both of us we sit for IELTS?
6. How much do we need for pof?

Thank you and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ausproxi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by oyukuwife: 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2021
Read page 1 all your answers are there

quote author=Itzmemikky post=103866423]Greetings house

I have diploma in foreign affairs and strategic study, i work as a property consultant in real estate firm(i have been with the fiirm for.more than 3yrs). I am 37 yr old

My wife is a dentist, she works in one of the teaching hospitals in Nigeria(she has more than 3 yrs experience. She is 27 yr old

We have 2 kids

Thank you and God bless[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
ausproxi:
Please how real is this for Agro-Allied job in Canada as an unskilled worker? Agent says total package cost 2M... Please help, before someone fall victim of scam
cheap scam.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bemagnify: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
oyukuwife:
Read page 1 all your answers are there

quote author=Itzmemikky post=103866423]Greetings house

We have 2 kids

Thank you and God bless

On behalf of the founders of this thread, I hereby refer you to page one of this thread. Hope it helps?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Canadahome: 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hi guys!

I have seen people advise that gift deed for POF should come from Parents.

What if the parents are not available to do so.

Has there been anyone here that had issues using brother or sister?

Please, do we have people that their brother or sister has given gift of the POF and have gotten PPR here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sweetoma: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
At this point we should have a support group for those waiting for draw, this wait is quite depressing ���how are y’all dealing with it ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adexyone(f): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
You can say that again honestly. Our application was received Jan 2020 and then an address followed in aug. Its been a long wait. Everyone I know who has submitted an application is frustrated. Even those waiting for ITA. You can't touch your money, you can't do a whole lot of things because you never know when they'll start processing for outland again. Its as if your life is on hold. Ko easy at all waiting for this ppr.
sweetoma:
At this point we should have a support group for those waiting for draw, this wait is quite depressing ���how are y’all dealing with it ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by icehot: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
Canadahome:
Hi guys!

I have seen people advise that gift deed for POF should come from Parents.

What if the parents are not available to do so.

Has there been anyone here that had issues using brother or sister?

Please, do we have people that their brother or sister has given gift of the POF and have gotten PPR here.

There is no where on IRCC website that says POF is better with parents. People have a way of putting out their feelings as facts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
It’s only assumed that family members (parents, brothers, sisters) are more likely to actually be giving you a gift
icehot:

There is no where on IRCC website that says POF is better with parents. People have a way of putting out their feelings as facts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
icehot:

some times it's gcms notes, i have seen where an officer says it's not reasonable for a brother to have given that gift deed, another lady's application was rejected cos the gift deed was from her boyfriend ( was appealed and later got PR), but would you like to be in that situation of being in limbo and confusion for like 2 months. So most times people are only trying to prevent issues. The way canada immigration works lots of judgments are involved, 4 people may submit applications at same time using brother for gift deed, and 3 are approved and one denied or put under review. You don't wanna be that person o

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jstemmanex(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
Please, have anyone paid for WES using Alat virtual dollar card? How much did it come to in naira?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sweetoma: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
adexyone:
You can say that again honestly. Our application was received Jan 2020 and then an address followed in aug. Its been a long wait. Everyone I know who has submitted an application is frustrated. Even those waiting for ITA. You can't touch your money, you can't do a whole lot of things because you never know when they'll start processing for outland again. Its as if your life is on hold. Ko easy at all waiting for this ppr.

January 2020? Wow! That’s a long time……… you described it in a nutshell, it’s honestly like being in limbo, especially because of the inability to touch ur money or make long term commitments. Oh well no one could have predicted COVID, all we can do is take our minds off it and try to live in the moment. Hopefully they are using this time during which they’ve suspended FSW to catch up on backlog and fingers crossed that things go back to normal soon. 21st of July I’m hoping lol.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by headhoncho(m): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
headhoncho:
You are absolutely wrong, there is no where stated by IRCC that gift of deed must come from your parents. In the case of bf and brother’s gift of deed being rejected, there might be alot of errors on the applicant’s part e.g not notarizing the deed, no valid proof or the letter wasn’t convincing or not in the right format. The VO is a professional body and a gift of deed can come from anyone even a friend as long as the deed is well presented with valid evidence and well explained. The appeal and eventual PR is an evidence that at the end of the day, it is the matter of how you present or explain your case.
English is not that hard. Where did I say brother is not allowed Didn't you see my example and comment on gcms note. Nawa o. Like I said some people are basing their advice on what has happened to others before. Canada immigration is not always straightforward. I know someone in a bank whose 3 colleagues used same reference letter given by the bank and got pr. But when he used same letter a funny VO said the role is NOC C imagine.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GraciousWords: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
Grateful for small mercies.......Canada is opening up......if all indicators continue to improve.

May this be followed by speedy processing of pending applications, PPRs, FSW draws & ITAs.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/07/government-of-canada-announces-easing-of-border-measures-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by saskatoonguy: 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Update on the DOB Error on the Degree certificate.

So, I was at the PG school and the PG school officials said they can issue a letter claiming the Degree certificate is in process and not ready.

Is this okay guys?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by beepromise: 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hi all,
I got an EOI from Ontario and I am trying to complete the application.
For this part: *intention to reside in Ontario* , must I state that I have a close relative or a friend who resides in Ontario?

Secondly, I have about 4 years exp in HR (from different employers and different specialization within HR) and the duties of my current role is more of is more NOC 1121 (and this is the current NOC onnmy EE profile) while my previous experiences are more of NOC 1223 - Will this be a problem.

P.S I have been in my current job for close to 2 years.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emmandu(f): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
Good evening house,
I am just trying to open a profile with WES and I saw where it was stated that if I am applying for PNP I need to include the province which will incur an additional cost for each province selected. Pls is it necessary I include it as I may also opt for the PNP if my CRS point isn't soo high after IELTS.
Pls help a sister..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 2:13am On Jul 20, 2021
saskatoonguy:
Update on the DOB Error on the Degree certificate.

So, I was at the PG school and the PG school officials said they can issue a letter claiming the Degree certificate is in process and not ready.

Is this okay guys?
No stress, you are good to go
When you get your ITA, submit your application with your ECA and statement of result. In your LOE, state that your certificate is not ready.
Between now and 60days time, your Uni might have it ready and if it’s after you have submitted then send it via webform.
You don’t have to tell plenty stories so you don’t end up confusing the CPA or PA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Emmandu:
Good evening house,
I am just trying to open a profile with WES and I saw where it was stated that if I am applying for PNP I need to include the province which will incur an additional cost for each province selected. Pls is it necessary I include it as I may also opt for the PNP if my CRS point isn't soo high after IELTS.
Pls help a sister..
until you get the interest.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 20, 2021
beepromise:
Hi all,
I got an EOI from Ontario and I am trying to complete the application.
For this part: *intention to reside in Ontario* , must I state that I have a close relative or a friend who resides in Ontario?

Secondly, I have about 4 years exp in HR (from different employers and different specialization within HR) and the duties of my current role is more of is more NOC 1121 (and this is the current NOC onnmy EE profile) while my previous experiences are more of NOC 1223 - Will this be a problem.

P.S I have been in my current job for close to 2 years.
Search this thread, buddy. It was discussed recently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by RetiredAdult: 6:42am On Jul 20, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.