Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:56 PM

Fraudsters Deserves Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraudsters Deserves Death (324 Views)

Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million / Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed Over £610k Fraud In The U.K - Pictures / EFCC Arrests 4 Internet Fraudsters In Benin(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudsters Deserves Death by jrobbins: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
About three or four months ago, my younger bro (childish and naive) mistakenly disclosed my mum's debit card details to fraudsters who claimed they needed it in respect of a COVID 19 government palliative. When she notified me, I instructed her to immediately transfer the funds in the account to another one. She went to the bank next day to Lodge a complain and a new card was issued to her. Since then, she rarely leaves funds in the account.
Yesterday, I wanted to surprise her so I transferred some cash to her. Surprisingly, she received a debit alert early today of ALL the money i sent.
(Apparently the useless customer service agent never bothered to block the old card and/or deactivate all mobile app/USSD registrations on the account)

Well, I have asked her to go to the bank tomorrow and let me speak to the manager to the branch of the bank on phone so I can let him know his staff is also culpable for not observing all due diligence associated with such complaints from customers.

I am very angry at the fraudsters as well and will only pray that the law should catch up with them soon.
Re: Fraudsters Deserves Death by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
So sorry for this loss
A curse is already upon all fraudsters
I pray my family blood is never mixed with theirs. Simple solution is to make sure u av all d ussd and mobile app..or deactivate it if u are not using it to transfer

1 Like

Re: Fraudsters Deserves Death by Komu1048(m): 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Take all
D advise
Re: Fraudsters Deserves Death by jrobbins: 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
So sorry for this loss
A curse is already upon all fraudsters
I pray my family blood is never mixed with theirs. Simple solution is to make sure u av all d ussd and mobile app..or deactivate it if u are not using it to transfer

It's not me but my mom. She's going to the same branch of her bank tomorrow. They will deactivate everything and possibly block the account. But, I would ask for a phone call to the customer service officer to school him/her on Customer due diligence (CDD)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalanders Experience With FSARS / 21-year-old Lad Kills Landlord For Complaining About Ladies He Brings Home / How FBI Stopped Plot To Overthrow Michigan State Government And Kidnap Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.