Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,839 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election (1967 Views)

Ahmad Lawan: I Am Not Involved In N-Power Job Racketeering / Ajimobi-Led APC Reverses Cancellation Of Edo Governorship Screening / Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 6:16am On Aug 28, 2020
•••••Say He only Passed a Night in Benin

The Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for Akwa-Ibom State, Mike Igini, has debunked social media insinuations made by a political group linking him to the forthcoming governorship election in Edo State.

In a statement on Thursday, the INEC REC clarified that he passed a night in Benin last Sunday on his way to his home state, Delta State, having travelled by road, specifically Aniocha North, to attend the funeral ceremony (23rd to 25th) of the mother of a long time close friend.

He stated that it was common knowledge to “any reasonable person” that, given what it takes to travel by road with all the security challenges and the fact that he arrived Benin City late that day, he couldn’t have left the state the same night.

Igini accused the Chairman, Edo State APC Media Campaign Council, John Mayaki of authoring the “libellous report” against him.

He noted that he returned to Lagos and not Benin on the night of August 25 as claimed by Mayaki who said he (Igini) was seen in company of two other persons to meet the State Governor and governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Godwin Obaseki.

“Is it possible for an individual to be at two different location i.e Benin and Lagos the night? It is hoped that Mayaki will be able to present those images and other material evidence in court at the right time,” the INEC REC said.

Igini also stated that ordinarily, he would not have responded to such “barefaced lies, very absurd and nonsensical insinuations,” having heard worse things in the past over elections, where “political actors/election riggers that have little or no regard in their utterances for the institutional pillars of democratic society have continued to destroy institutions of state and personal reputation that people have built over the years.”

He thus cautioned that people should not continue to abuse the social media to put out information that are wholly incorrect about others. He wondered under what authority he would recruit those “imaginary youth corpers” that they are accusing him of when he is not a REC for Edo?

Furthermore, the INEC commissioner urged that such people should be mindful of people’s feelings and the sensitivity of the public.

He noted that “this unfortunate situation is a reflection of the low quality of people who are now involved in politics and how low political decorum have sunk in our society that one can no longer go through Benin and even dare to stop-over to see family members, all because of elections that one has no interest in its outcome?”

In addition, he averred that it was necessary to “disabuse the minds of innocent and decent people of Edo and all other citizens who may be confused in thinking that all members of decent society are unable to make the distinction between the decorum that high office demands from public officials and the scurrilous chatter of the political echo-chambers of politicians and their supporters.”

He added that “it is ridiculous” to associate him with such alleged unethical conduct, knowing that he had always condemned and initiated on-going disciplinary actions against staff and other ad hoc workers, some of whom have been dismissed, as well as other non staff who are to be arraigned in court for engaging in conducts that are capable of undermining the integrity of elections.

https://aledeh.com/igini-debunks-insinuations-of-involvement-in-edo-govship-election/

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 6:17am On Aug 28, 2020
You passed the night in Benin?

Where in Benin did you pass the night?

You should go a step further to tell us where exactly you passed the night in Benin.

Glossing over this aspect of your visit to Benin is what is giving room for all these speculations.

A place in Benin can be in Government House or any other place so where exactly in Benin did you pass the night?

We want to know.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by LawLab247: 6:17am On Aug 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by PrinceOfEast(m): 6:20am On Aug 28, 2020
APC will do anything to paint their rivals bad...no matter the agenda against Obaseki, he will still win!

APC una agenda no go agend, Edo no be Eko smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by PrinceOfEast(m): 6:22am On Aug 28, 2020
kahal29:
[s] You passed the night in Benin? Where in Benin did you pass the night? [/s]
dumb question...to whom brain is given, sense is xpected.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 6:23am On Aug 28, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
dumb question...to who brain is given, sense is xpected.

Where did he pass the night in Benin?

4 Likes

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 28, 2020
Noted
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by Pollosa1: 6:24am On Aug 28, 2020
Allegations after allegations
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by PrinceOfEast(m): 6:25am On Aug 28, 2020
kahal29:

Ask ur Ancestors that question angry

use ur head, e get why.

5 Likes

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by Opinedecandid(m): 6:27am On Aug 28, 2020
Igini!
Igini!
Igini!

Get your business, product or service on the number one online hub in Akwa Ibom:
Ibommarket.com
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 6:29am On Aug 28, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
Ask ur Ancestors that question angry

use ur head, e get why.

1 Like

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by PrinceOfEast(m): 6:33am On Aug 28, 2020
kahal29:

3 Likes

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 6:34am On Aug 28, 2020
PrinceOfEast:

Where?
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by PrinceOfEast(m): 6:38am On Aug 28, 2020
kahal29:

Where?

1 Like

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 6:42am On Aug 28, 2020
PrinceOfEast:

Hahahahaha...... This one got to me
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by afesco: 6:45am On Aug 28, 2020
If truly u just passed a night in Benin City, y were u seen in company of d persons dey saw u with?

2 Likes

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 6:47am On Aug 28, 2020
afesco:
If truly u just passed a night in Benin City, y were u seen in company of d persons dey saw u with?

Good question?

3 Likes

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by Staro: 6:51am On Aug 28, 2020
kahal29:
You passed the night in Benin? Where in Benin did you pass the night?

Mike Igini has a home in Benin.

I had thought he was even from Edo state.
I never knew he is originally from Delta state

1 Like

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by PrinceOfEast(m): 6:56am On Aug 28, 2020
Mynd44 do the needful please...APC want to use our head.

1 Like

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by Mysticwebb: 6:58am On Aug 28, 2020
This man did APC shege in Akwa Ibom, he refused all their threat to coax him into rigging the election and dancing to the federal might. Till date, they are still afraid of his shadow hence this accusation.
Evil people hate good people. They always look for anything at all to accuse them of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by GateofJoy(f): 7:03am On Aug 28, 2020
So someone cannot travel to Edo state in peace again? The fear of Igini is the beginning of political wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by OlujobaSamuel: 7:18am On Aug 28, 2020
Sounds like something is hidden. You just dey use oyinbo abuse the person wey accuse you upandown.
Considering your position as an INEC official with years of experience, you should be the last person seen in Benin at this period.

1 Like

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by Staro: 7:24am On Aug 28, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Sounds like something is hidden. You just dey use oyinbo abuse the person wey accuse you upandown.
Considering your position as an INEC official with years of experience, you should be the last person seen in Benin at this period.

Oga, Igini lives in Benin.
He has a home there

2 Likes

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 28, 2020
kahal29:
You passed the night in Benin? Where in Benin did you pass the night?
How is that your business? Provide evidence of him with Obaseki or anyone contesting zedo elrctions or keep shut.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by seanfer(m): 7:28am On Aug 28, 2020
Mr Iginni you said you travelled from Akwa-Ibom and going to Delta.. How come you had to pass through Delta state and decided to spend the night in Benin. Coming from Akwa-Ibom state you will get to Delta state before Edo state. There is something missing..

2 Likes

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by MrALIVE: 7:38am On Aug 28, 2020
Common sense is no longer Common!! !

It is clear that there is an iota of truth in the allegation levelled against him by the APC.

Sometimes we should not allow political sentiments to becloud our sense of reasoning.

Someone must have alerted the APC people about the nocturnal meeting between this man and some PDP stalwarts.

Make no mistake about this,these two political parties have always been guilty of such moves in the past....it's just a matter of "don't get caught"

1 Like

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by OlujobaSamuel: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2020
Staro:

He has a home there

I wouldn't know if he lives or has a residence there since it's not stated in the article and I'm not from Edo State to know that.
He said he passed the night in Benin not he passed the night in his Benin home. Also, one gets to Delta(immediately after Niger bridge) before Benin, so the excuse of late arrival sounds awkward.
Nigeria is a country where people's move means a lot. I'm so sure PDP wouldn't have kept quiet either if Igini has been seen to be sympathetic to APC if he had appeared in the state at such a time.
Anyway, sept19 should come quick so there can be restoration of governance. The two major parties have shut down every form of governance in the state in the name of election

2 Likes

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by olisaEze(m): 7:49am On Aug 28, 2020
PrinceOfEast:

Early morning deliverance served hottt!!! NL nor go kii me. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 8:40am On Aug 28, 2020
seanfer:
Mr Iginni you said you travelled from Akwa-Ibom and going to Delta.. How come you had to pass through Delta state and decided to spend the night in Benin. Coming from Akwa-Ibom state you will get to Delta state before Edo state. There is something missing..

You see that kind thing
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 8:41am On Aug 28, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

I wouldn't know if he lives or has a residence there since it's not stated in the article and I'm not from Edo State to know that.
He said he passed the night in Benin not he passed the night in his Benin home. Also, one gets to Delta(immediately after Niger bridge) before Benin, so the excuse of late arrival sounds awkward.
Nigeria is a country where people's move means a lot. I'm so sure PDP wouldn't have kept quiet either if Igini has been seen to be sympathetic to APC if he had appeared in the state at such a time.
Anyway, sept19 should come quick so there can be restoration of governance. The two major parties have shut down every form of governance in the state in the name of election

Good observation
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 8:43am On Aug 28, 2020
Amitez:

How is that your business? Provide evidence of him with Obaseki or anyone contesting zedo elrctions or keep shut.

Where did he pass the night?
Re: Igini: I only Passed a Night in Benin Not Involved In Edo Governorship Election by kahal29: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2020
Staro:

He has a home there

Where in Benin? The place no get name? When was the last time he visited the so called Benin home wey no get name?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where’s Buhari? Is That A Body Double In Aso Rock? / Pictures Of People Killed,during Ipob Peaceful Protest / What I Told Tinubu About His 2023 Ambition - Prophet Segun Adebayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.