Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,561 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump (291 Views)

Georgia: Trump, 18 Others Indicted, Arrest Warrants Issued Over US 2020 Election / US Election 2020 Polls: See Who Is Leading Between Trump And Biden (PHOTO) / Funny Picture Comparison Between Trump And Obama 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump by Afangideh1(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2020
US House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, has stated that she doesn't believe there should be any presidential election debates between US President Donald Trump and Joe Biden because she believes Trump "will probably act in a way that is beneath the dignity of the presidency."

"Don't tell anyone I told you this—" Pelosi said before a room of reporters and TV cameras during an on-the-record news conference on Thursday August 27.

"[but] I don't think there should be any debates."

"I don't think there should be any debates. I wouldn't legitimize a conversation with him, nor a debate in terms of the presidency of the United States.'

'Now, I know that the Biden campaign thinks in a different way about this.".

Ms Pelosi, who has not spoken personally with Mr Trump in more than 10 months — during which time her chamber has impeached him, negotiated trillions of dollars in aid to fight the coronavirus pandemic, and held several high-profile oversight hearings on his administrative actions, said the president's debate performances against Hillary Clinton in 2016 as evidence of his unworthy behaviour.

'What he did in 2016 was disgraceful, stalking Hillary Clinton like that. ... He will probably act in a way that is beneath the dignity of the presidency. He does that every day," Ms Pelosi said

"I think he will also belittle what the debates are supposed to be about. They're not to be about skullduggery on the part of somebody who has no respect for the office he holds — much less the democratic process. Why else would he try to undermine the elections in the manner that he is doing?

"I don't think that he should dignify that conversation with Donald Trump."

Her statement puts further credence to Trump's campaign attempt to paint Biden as a politician who wouldn't want to face Trump in a debate.

Trump's campaign see the debates as a major tool to close the polling gap betwee n Biden and Trump ahead of election Day.

https://www.clevloaded.com/2020/08/us-2020-election-i-dont-think-that.html

Re: US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump by ManOfCompetence(m): 7:29am On Aug 28, 2020
Crazy Nancy doesn't want sleepy Joe to be disgraced by president Trump...These Democrats are the APC of American politics...That was how Bubu skipped the presidential debate last year knowing fully well it will expose his incompetence

3 Likes

Re: US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump by techmo(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2020
cool

Trump the agbero..... Nancy Pelosi is whining him, he would take the bait and try debate Joe Biden

Reverse psychology

1 Like

Re: US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump by yanabasee1(m): 7:40am On Aug 28, 2020
techmo:
cool

Trump the agbero..... Nancy Pelosi is whining him, he would take the bait and try debate Joe Biden

Reverse psychology

You don't know anything about politics.....

2 Likes

Re: US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump by TheSERAPH: 7:41am On Aug 28, 2020
okay
Re: US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump by techmo(m): 7:41am On Aug 28, 2020
yanabasee1:

You don't know anything about politics.....

Really... Lecture us then Professor of political science

Re: US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump by Luchitec(m): 7:48am On Aug 28, 2020
Joe failing to debate would be a gift to Trump.

1 Like

Re: US 2020 Election: "I Don't Think That There Should Be Any Debates Between Trump by duality(m): 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2020
So silly of her to think they will ride on hate for Trump into the white house.
It's becoming too obvious the DEMs are confused

(1) (Reply)

Saudi King And Crown Prince Congratulate Biden On Election Victory / Antifa Attacks Democrats Offices In Portland And Seattle - Chants F... Joe Biden / Putin’s Transcript On The Russia-ukraine Crises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.