Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / . (2394 Views)

Airtel Just Introduced New Cheap Bundles / Airtel Just Saved My Broke Ass With This One..... / Breaking... Airtel Just Reduced There Night Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by blackmantis: 8:10am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: . by blackmantis: 8:13am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: . by swiz123(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2020
Those people are thieves.

I was made a mistake by recharging airtel with *555# and and the airtime vanished into thin air. I called their customer care and they said the code was for getting 6times your recharge. I was trying to explain to him that I didn't even see any airtime balance in the first place and he just told me that is it INVINCIBLE!. GOD!!!!

I am still thinking it suing those bastards for using another company's code to recharge their own line.

1 Like

Re: . by liveyourlife007(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2020
I subscribed #500 for 1.5 gig. validity 7 days. I tried repeating the procedure today but realized that plan has been removed from their list using *141#
Re: . by blackmantis: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2020
Always check data before and after loading.....NCC needs to check the activities of these telecommunication companies.
Re: . by Flytime: 10:26am On Aug 28, 2020
swiz123:

I was made a mistake by recharging airtel with *555# and and the airtime vanished into thin air. I called their customer care and they said the code was for getting 6times your recharge. I was trying to explain to him that I didn't even see any airtime balance in the first place and he just told me that is it INVINCIBLE!. GOD!!!!

I am still thinking it suing those bastards for using another company's code to recharge their own line.
I did the same with mtn *888* and like you said it vanished into thin air and I wasn't given any bonus
Re: . by blackmantis: 10:26am On Aug 28, 2020
Re: . by liveyourlife007(m): 10:30am On Aug 28, 2020
blackmantis:

These guys are ripping people off....glo should step up....I'm porting.. I've used nothing less than N5k Airtel data since Monday and surprised how fast it disappears.
God help us
Re: . by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2020
I only use their night bundle ooo. Ah no like tori

1 Like

Re: . by edoairways: 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
swiz123:

You are at fault,why should you recharge using that ussd code?
Re: . by edoairways: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
Flytime:
I did the same with mtn *888* and like you said it vanished into thin air and I wasn't given any bonus
There is bonus try *559*14# or *559# to check
Re: . by LadySarah: 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
swiz123:

It is there. Make a call and see your balance. I have been using it since and it doesn't reflect in main balance.
Re: . by swiz123(m): 7:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
edoairways:

You are at fault,why should you recharge using that ussd code?

Why should airtel be using mtn recharge code. Are there no other codes they can choose from. *555# is mtn's customized code

1 Like

Re: . by swiz123(m): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
LadySarah:

It is there. Make a call and see your balance. I have been using it since and it doesn't reflect in main balance.

I browsed with it and it lasted for 1 minutes and 30 seconds
Re: . by LadySarah: 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
swiz123:

Why should airtel be using mtn recharge code. Are there no other codes they can choose from. *555# is mtn's customized code

Mtn uses 888 for theirs
Re: . by LadySarah: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
swiz123:

I browsed with it and it lasted for 1 minutes and 30 seconds

Have you tried calling an airtel line? Pls I'm not their agent. I use it for long calls and strictly for airtel lines. It lasts so much for me.

I have introduced it to my airtel contacts and they haven't complained.
Re: . by swiz123(m): 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
LadySarah:

Have you tried calling an airtel line? Pls I'm not their agent. I use it for long calls and strictly for airtel lines. It lasts so much for me.

I have introduced it to my airtel contacts and they haven't complained.

It lasted for 6 minutes when I called an airtel line. Fact is, the agent I called said it finished it on browsing
Re: . by swiz123(m): 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2020
LadySarah:

Mtn uses 888 for theirs

And no other company uses 888 as theirs. Airtel used mtn's code for dubious reason, knowing fully well that customers who uses both SIM would fall for it by making that simple mistake
Re: . by edoairways: 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
swiz123:

No code is exclusive to any service provider. For example both MTN and Airtel uses *123# for different purpose. While the latter is used for recharging, the former is used for service information
Re: . by swiz123(m): 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
edoairways:

No code is exclusive to any service provider. For example both MTN and Airtel uses *123# for different purpose. While the latter is used for recharging, the former is used for service information

No 2 companies should use the same code to recharge its card. Airtel is dubious
Re: . by edoairways: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
swiz123:

No 2 companies should use the same code to recharge its card. Airtel is dubious
You are not the one to decide, these operators are different from each other. You are ignorant to know that ussd code *555*pin# has been on for long. Probably they need to advertise more using media outlet like nairaland for proper enlightenment. As at the time of writing this, there is no law halting service providers from using the same ussd.
Re: . by LadySarah: 11:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
edoairways:

You are not the one to decide, these operators are different from each other. You are ignorant to know that ussd code *555*pin# has been on for long. Probably they need to advertise more using media outlet like nairaland for proper enlightenment. As at the time of writing this, there is no law halting service providers from using the same ussd.

Exactly. I have used it for a long time now.
Re: . by Mohbola(f): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2020
blackmantis:

These guys are ripping people off....glo should step up....I'm porting.. I've used nothing less than N5k Airtel data since Monday and surprised how fast it disappears.

We are in the same category
Re: . by NoToPile: 8:23am On Oct 12, 2020
Please how do you guys call Airtel customer care, no prompt for transferring to an agent? I have been calling 111 since.

They subscribed me to one smart sim stuff now they want to start deducting my money.
Re: . by Dfrenzy(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2020
Please, how do you call Airtel customer care center?
Re: . by kcy(m): 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
U scammed yr Self oga
Re: . by Francesspecial: 12:46am On Jul 15, 2022
So I was sent a message by airtel that if I want to double my airtime 6x I should used the code *555* so I decided to do with small money 100 which means they are to give me 600
So I recharge and decided to call someone,the call didn’t last up to 5 mins they told me my airtime has exhausted
But on a regular basis if I recharge 100 I would use the call card for a week and
Depending on how I used it
I don’t think this is right

1 Like

Re: . by Deicide: 11:25am On Jul 15, 2022
Una no day read TOC
Re: . by bmdmix11: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2022
I get 10gig youtube i cant use, why?
Cause when 1am reach i start watching YouTube videos dem go dey zap my data instead

(1) (Reply)

The New Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 / How To Default Launcher On Tecno L6 / Apple Set To Launch Iphone 7C [see Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.