Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? (1889 Views)

Exquisite And Modern Italian Decorative plaster Designs for your Home and Office / How Much Is The Workmanship To Plaster A 3 Bedroom Flat. / How Much Will It Cost To Plaster A Four Flat Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
Opinion needed before I go chop this money finish undecided
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by tempex88(m): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
baba landlord....that range would plaster a basic 2bed.
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
its two much for two bedroom with ceiling two by two pako grin
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Larry1960: 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
YoungDaNaval:

shocked. Actually it's enough. I used #400k to plaster two numbers of 3bedroom ensuit
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
tempex88:
baba landlord....that range would plaster a basic 2bed.
Seriously? Asin both materials and workmanship
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2020
Larry1960:

shocked. Actually it's enough. I used #400k to plaster two numbers of 3bedroom ensuit
Wow! Can you please give me a break down on how I can achieve that?
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fulaniherdmens:
its two much for two bedroom with ceiling two by two pako grin
Can you help me with a breakdown on how I can achieve that?
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by SpicyMimi(f): 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
Lol no chop am ooo! Landlords ain’t smiling these days cheesy

By the way, we have new cooooooool polos and other clothings for Men! 100% cotton! And extremely affordable... 50% discount off! Kindly check my profile for pics and prices.
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
Dr Asiwaju Gbajabiamala can plaster the inner part of the 2 bedroom flat with 200k, but I do not know if the money can also cover the outer part.

First u must eliminate any middle man like "contractor" & "engineer". Look for a good and experienced bricklayer and deal with him directly.

U will need around 12 bricklayers and 6 helpers (2 people can do the job though.) That is around 60 - 70k for labour.

Around 16 bags of cement should cost close to 45k
You will need Sharp sand.
Then also consider other little things like water and tools for labourers.

1 Like

Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
PUNAengineOIL:
Dr Asiwaju Gbajabiamala can plaster the inner part of the 2 bedroom flat with 200k, but I do not know if the money can also cover the outer part.

First u must eliminate any middle man like "contractor" & "engineer". Look for a good and experienced bricklayer and deal with him directly.

U will need around 12 bricklayers and 6 helpers (2 people can do the job though.) That is around 60 - 70k for labour.

Around 16 bags of cement should cost close to 45k
You will need Sharp sand.
Then also consider other little things like water and tools for labourers.
I have water and tools for labourer. But 12 bricklayers and six helpers? Isn't that too much? Moreover, can they executive the job in a day

1 Like

Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
The figures I gave you are estimated from my experience, there may be slight difference. I dont know the size of your bedrooms, lobbies, dinning and sitting room. An average bedroom will take 2 bricklayers and 1 helper. Your sitting room + dinning may take like 4 or 5 bricklayers.

When I said 12 bricklayers, I do not mean 12 different people. It is just a measurement of labour. 1 bricklayer can handle the job, but it will take him like 6 days.

Talking of executing the job in a single day, I will advice that you should not be in a rush when working on your house because in most cases the labourers go jus do rubbish work for u. Look for an experienced bricklayer that can do a neat job, then give him sometime to do it.

YoungDaNaval:
I have water and tools for labourer. But 12 bricklayers and six helpers? Isn't that too much? Moreover, can they executive the job in a day

1 Like

Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
PUNAengineOIL:
The figures I gave you are estimated from my experience, there may be slight difference. I dont know the size of your bedrooms, lobbies, dinning and sitting room. An average bedroom will take 2 bricklayers and 1 helper. Your sitting room and dinning may take like 4 or 5 bricklayers.

When I said 12 bricklayers, I do not mean 12 different people. It is just a measurement of labour. 1 bricklayer can handle the job, but it will take him like 6 days.

Talking of executing the job in a single day, I will advice that you should not be in a rush when working on your house because in most cases the labourers go jus do rubbish work for u. Look for an experienced bricklayer that can do a neat job, then give him sometime to do it.

Wow! Thanks a whole bro. I'll go with one experienced bricklayer like you adviced and supervise the job myself

One more thing, I don't fancy day pay jobs. Is there any other method that can be applied in plastering I'm asking because I don't want to look like a novice when negotiating with the bricklayer make these guys no use me shine
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Yes, you can calculate everything from the start and conclude the total amount with the bricklayer. For your own economics use the daily pay format to calculate.

Dont just ask for the total cost of labour, ask the bricklayer to tell you the total number of labourers before he start doing the Job.

I'm sure u know the daily pay for bricklayers and helpers in your area.

At first he may tell you that it will take like 20 bricklayers and 10 helpers. (Note: when plastering, it is normally 1 helper for 2 bricklayers. Unlike the normal brick setting that requires 1 helper for 1 bricklayer)
Then ask the bricklayer to provide explanation, it is from his explanation that you will start the negotiation. After some minor arguments una go arrive at an agreement.

Some tips for u,
If your bathroom + kitchen is of the average for 2 bedroom flats = 2 bricklayers should do.
Your lobby (passage) = 1 bricklayer.
Front + back entrance = 2 or 3 bricklayers (depends on the building design)
2 bedrooms = 4 bricklayers
Sitting + dinning = 3 to 5 bricklayers (depend on the size)

Note: Na estimate o. And also, all the estimate I'm giving to you are for the inner part of the house. Outer part not included.

When you have agreed on the total number of labourers that will do the job, then you can multiply according to the daily pay of each labourer.

YoungDaNaval:
Wow! Thanks a whole bro. I'll go with one experienced bricklayer like you adviced and supervise the job myself

One more thing, I don't fancy day pay jobs. Is there any other method that can be applied in plastering I'm asking because I don't want to look like a novice when negotiating with the bricklayer make these guys no use me shine

1 Like

Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
PUNAengineOIL:
Yes, you can calculate everything from the start and conclude the total amount with the bricklayer. For your own economics use the daily pay format to calculate.

Dont just ask for the total cost of labour, ask the bricklayer to tell you the total number of labourers before he start doing the Job.

I'm sure u know the daily pay for bricklayers and helpers in your area.

At first he may tell you that it will take like 20 bricklayers and 10 helpers. (Note: when plastering, it is normally 1 helper for 2 bricklayers. Unlike the normal brick setting that requires 1 helper for 1 bricklayer)
Then ask the bricklayer to provide explanation, it is from his explanation that you will start the negotiation. After some minor arguments una go arrive at an agreement.

Some tips for u,
If your bathroom + kitchen is of the average for 2 bedroom flats = 2 bricklayers should do.
Your lobby (passage) = 1 bricklayer.
Front + back entrance = 2 or 3 bricklayers (depends on the building design)
2 bedrooms = 4 bricklayers
Sitting + dinning = 3 to 5 bricklayers (depend on the size)

Note: Na estimate o. And also, all the estimate I'm giving to you are for the inner part of the house. Outer part not included.

When you have agreed on the total number of labourers that will do the job, then you can multiply according to the daily pay of each labourer.

Thanks man
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 30, 2020
ok its my pleasure.

If you live in a city, you can engage the service of foreigners like the Togolese. its b/w 150-200k
they will only charge u for labor while u procure the materials so it doesn't concern u if they use 100 persons all u need is to make sure the actual date is meet and don't pay all the funds. you can start up with 20% after negotiating with labor fees. but that above range is idle ok. Duplex was 500k in Lagos Island that's what i paid these labors.
2 trips of 20ton sharp sand 35k thou depends on current mkt
1 trip of 20ton plaster sand 45k thou depends on current mkt
*100 bags of cement. 2650 per bag.

NB: Go and inspect the work urself when and after the job.

YoungDaNaval:
Can you help me with a breakdown on how I can achieve that?
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Erums(m): 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
Fulaniherdmens:
ok its my pleasure.

If you live in a city, you can engage the service of foreigners like the Togolese. its b/w 150-200k
they will only charge u for labor while u procure the materials so it doesn't concern u if they use 100 persons all u need is to make sure the actual date is meet and don't pay all the funds. you can start up with 20% after negotiating with labor fees. but that above range is idle ok. Duplex was 500k in Lagos Island that's what i paid these labors.
2 trips of 20ton sharp sand 35k thou depends on current mkt
1 trip of 20ton plaster sand 45k thou depends on current mkt
*100 bags of cement. 2650 per bag.

NB: Go and inspect the work urself when and after the job.

Pls howmuch bag of cement wil it take me to plaster a 3bed/2bed semi detached bungalow Hong bungalow all ensuite.. And what's the labour cost.. Kindly assist
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
Where is the project located and do you intend plastering both inside and outside
Erums:

Pls howmuch bag of cement wil it take me to plaster a 3bed/2bed semi detached bungalow Hong bungalow all ensuite.. And what's the labour cost.. Kindly assist
Re: Is 200k Enough To Plaster A Two Bedroom Flat?? by Erums(m): 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
Fulaniherdmens:
Where is the project located and do you intend plastering both inside and outside

Yes... Its in abeokuta

(1) (Reply)

2 Bedroom Flat In Ajah. N350k Per Annum. 1 Year Option / Self Contained In Uyo Akwaibom State / I Need A Room Self At Gbagada Area And A Mini Flat Around Ajah Axis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.