Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Unidentified Corpses In Lagos State. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unidentified Corpses In Lagos State. (1175 Views)

Ritualists Murder 6 Women In Ikorodu, Dump Corpses In Ikorodu Lagos Carnal (Pics / Ikorodu Bank Robbers Paraded By Lagos State Police Command (Photos) / Finally, Corpses Of Victims Of Calabar Killer Cops Found [very Graphic Pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unidentified Corpses In Lagos State. by iphiedial(f): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2007
Comrades, can we all look into the issue of unidentified corpses always seen in Lagos roads. I once read in 'The Guardian' Newspaper that a minimum of 10 corpses are retrieve from the streets of Lagos in a day.

Has Government, the Police especially made any effort to fish out the killers of this people?. I came to Lagos in 2005 and I have seen not less than 30 unidentified corpses especially @ Oshodi, Anthony,Ketu and other parts of Lagos. I keep wondering what must have killed those people. Some have some parts of their body missing indicating that they are victims of Ritualists while others have no trace of what must have led to their death.

What is Lagos State Govt. doing about this. How can we remedy this situation because its getting out of hand.

Ur contributions please.
Re: Unidentified Corpses In Lagos State. by Bolarge(m): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2007
iphiedial:

the issue of unidentified corpses always seen in Lagos roads. I once read in 'The Guardian' Newspaper that a minimum of 10 corpses are retrieve from the streets of Lagos in a day.What is Lagos State Govt. doing about this.

U actually think those who don't give a hoot 'bout the living would care 'bout the dead?
Think again.
Re: Unidentified Corpses In Lagos State. by Orosunnuku(m): 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2007
The issue of "unidentified" dead bodies littering the streets of Lagos is a serious pointer to the gross irresponsibility and emotional emptiness on the part of Govt as well as the unprecedented breakdown of law and order in the society. Retrieval of about 10 dead bodies from the streets daily is quite despicable especially when we are not in war-torn Dafur! One wonders what this country is turning to? I could remember as kids in the late 60s/early 70s that the presence of a dead body on any street portends trouble for the residents who would have some explanations to give law enforcement agents. Even when well known "mad person" dies in a neighbourhood, police and the community will be interested in the mode/cause of death. We all (both Govt and the governed) need to urgently find a way to put a stop to this ugly situation because the ritual killers and callous criminals in our midst are catching in our apathy to continue perpetrating their evil. More so these so called "unidentified" dead bodies were probably vibrant able bodied men & women like us before they met their untimely and preventable death. If we all fail in our collective responsibility to do or say something today, God forbid, let it not be our turn tomorrow or someone close to us. It could have been anybody!!!
Re: Unidentified Corpses In Lagos State. by docokwy(m): 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2007
Most of these unidentified corpses are victims of Yoruba ritualists who kill people for money, power and politics. There are loads of news on the net about these gory culture of the Yoruba.
Re: Unidentified Corpses In Lagos State. by Orosunnuku(m): 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2007
@docokwy,
I think you are missing the point by bringing "tribal sentiments" and your "fanciful readings on th net" into this issue. Are you a Nigerian, if yes, from which tribe? If you are open-minded and have travelled round Nigeria, then you will be aware that "ritual killings" and "ritualists" are not limited to Yorubas. I have lived and worked in Lagos, Benin, Enugu, Aba, Kano, Maiduguri and Jos, and there were ritual killings abound in all these towns.
If you look at the cosmopolitan nature of Lagos, then you will realise that it is "no man's land" that is inhabited by all the tribes in Nigeria as well as foreigners, so i believe we need to look beyond Yorubas and ritual killers in this issue.
Some of these "dead bodies" are actually cases of "one chance" killings(inside commuter buses), politically motivated killings, business motivated killings, extra judicial killings (by vigilante groups & govt security agencies), armed robbery attacks, mob/social miscreants attacks, reprisal attacks between rival groups/ university cults, "Yahoo boys" or scammers killing their victims, etc amongst others.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Awarded N1.4billion For Penile Assault / Lastma Official Docked For Allegedly Raping 4-year-old Child / 19yr Old Nigerian Gangster Found Guilty Of Murder In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.