Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

New To Nairaland--hello Everyone - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New To Nairaland--hello Everyone (670 Views)

Hi, / O - hello everyone / No Shaking - Hello everyone ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New To Nairaland--hello Everyone by redwoman(f): 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2007
Hello,

I am Sandra, aka(Redwoman), i am new to Nairaland and i have found the topics very interesting.  I have always been very interest in Africa, the people, differient cultures, government and the history. I should say that i am somewhat partial to Nigeria since my husband is from Port-Harcourt buy way of Awka. What i find interesting is the way that we as black people see each other so differently, ( i am African American). So may stereo types.  If we only unified and worked together, we would be a mighty force on this earth.  But anyway i do appreciate this site because it is very imformative being it negative or positive. I have visited Nigeria several times so i do know first hand about some of the problems that exist in Nigeria. What i do know is that you have to be very strong to survive, alot of American would not last long at all.  We (Americans) take alot for granted and do not appreciate what we have.  You are strong and very intelligent people, one of the main problems with Africans, is that you are not free to see the rest of the world.  I do not think that this is fair at all, but it is what it is. More power to you, I love you.

Sandra (Redwoman)
Re: New To Nairaland--hello Everyone by iice(f): 5:52am On Jun 20, 2007
welcome and well said. . . have fun
Re: New To Nairaland--hello Everyone by ryu11(m): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2007
Hey Redwoman grin

your welcome to nairaland. You raised some very valid points there. Even some Nigerians that live abroad at some point stop seeing themselves as Nigerian. I agree totally that
If we only unified and worked together, we would be a mighty force on this earth
we've been such a force in the past. anyway, i'll leave most of the blab for another thread. Your welcome home (to cyber naija) grin

cheers
Re: New To Nairaland--hello Everyone by lucidang(m): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2007
@ red woman,
i love the way your name sounds.
welcome on board,

(1) (Reply)

Watch Your Back / A Mam Love Me But I Don't Love Him So What Do I Do Now / See My (block-head) Blog; See Me Know Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.