Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Why Believe In Jesus Christ Crucified ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Believe In Jesus Christ Crucified ? (130 Views)

Why Believe In Christianity Over All Other Religions? / Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ / Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Believe In Jesus Christ Crucified ? by ochibuogwu5: 6:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
Why do you need to believe in Jesus Christ Crucified as your own personal Lord, and Savior ?

God created man(male and female) in His own image and likeness (Genesis 1:26-28) for *an unbroken and loving relationship* with him but man disobeyed God's instruction that he should not eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil hence contaminated(added *mr flesh*) the image of God in him yet God's purpose of having an unbroken and loving relationship with man cannot be terminated. This lead God to send His only begotten Son; Jesus Christ to take human nature, carry the sin(the contaminated mankind with flesh) of mankind upon HIMSELF though He committed no sin, become condemned for such sin, serve the complete punishment for sin in hell-fire *for eternity*, come out victorious from serving this complete punishment for sin in eternity and transfer the merit/benefit of serving/satisfying this complete punishment for sin unto all human being thus "this is the grace of God that Jesus Christ tested death for every human being" (Hebrews 2:9)

The death of Jesus on the Cross of Calvary stands as the death of the old-man/person which was contaminated by the flesh in Adam through his disobedience while His resurrection means the replacement of the dead old-man on the Cross with a new man/person which can now continue to carry the GOD-HEAD *inside his/her mortal-body while having a loving and unbroken relationship* with the TRUE LIVING GOD.

Belief in Jesus Christ death on the Cross of Calvary as the death of the old-man that we(human beings) inherited from Adam through biological birth
and
Belief in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead as the *release/birth of His own life(GOD and MAN)* to *completely replace* our crucified old-man/flesh
is
*the only way chosen by God to cleanse/forgive/evacuate our sin/flesh(1 Cor.2:7-8 )*
and
restore the purpose of creating mankind at the beginning which is to *dwell inside the mortal-body of man while having a loving and unbroken relationship with man(male and female)* hence mankind being a physical expression of an unseen God and His kingdom made possible by His Holy Spirit and Grace in the universe
thus
"And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle(dwelling-place) of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God" (Revelation 21:3 NKJV)

This scriptural passage above becomes *the lifestyle* of *any human being who has accepted the death of Jesus on the Cross as the death of their old-man/flesh and His resurrection from the dead as the birth of a new creation(GOD and MAN) inside their mortal body* because they have become *mobile temples of the LIVING GOD*, they speak to Him any-time, any-day, any-where as well as get response from Him as it is obtainable between 2-persons/being in a loving relationship *with or without the assistance of a 3rd-party*. Yet there is something peculiar about this relationship because the 2-persons(the human being who believes the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified and GOD) are *joined/knitted together in one mortal-body*. Such a person does not need to take permission from any other person outside of himself/herself(mortal-body) before he/she can talk to God and he/she does not need to get to a particular geographical location/object/image before you can talk to HIM who is now inside you and you do not need to wait for a particular time before you can talk to HIM who is inside you *forever*(John 14:16)

Studying of the bible under the Holy Spirit guidance, gospel preachings/teachings, evangelism and the fellowship of the brethren should be focused towards:
1. Calling unbelievers in the gospel to receive God's mercy and grace shown in the death of His Son on the Cross and His resurrection from the dead.
and
2. Helping believers to grow in the grace and knowledge of the best way to relate with GOD who is *within them* (Luke 17:21) as well as learn how to share this *new relationship/creation lifestyle* with *all the human being that they encounter on their day to day existence in this world* without compulsion but freely through the grace of the Holy Spirit even *nurturing new believers*

One thing that makes relationships beautiful is the desire to communicate with each other and behold each others presence yet all our human relationship with other human beings and created things ends with biological death but the relationship that believers in the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified enters with the GOD-HEAD(THE TRUE LIVING GOD) continues even after biological death. In-fact, it is after biological death that we shall see in full the perfect-nature of our relationship with GOD through faith in Jesus Christ Crucified thus
"For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." (1 Corinthians 13:9-12 NKJV)

Have you ever been in any human relationship that you cherished because you were greatly loved ?
Or
Are you currently in any human relationship where you are greatly honored, cherished and loved ?
Or
Are you are seeking to enter into a human relationship where you will be honored, cherished and loved ?

Then
How will your life turn-out if you should make the decision of entering into *an unbroken eternal relationship with LOVE HIMSELF (THE TRUE LIVING GOD) through His grace by faith in the death and resurrection of His Son; Jesus Christ ?

Are you ready to receive this grace of an unbroken eternal relationship with the TRUE LIVING GOD ?

Declare this prayer commitment:
God My Father, I come to you now because I agree that I am a sinner, I ask you to forgive/cleanse/evacuate my sin/flesh because of the merits of the death and resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ, receive me as your child even as you begin this new covenant relationship established upon the precious LIFE of your Son Jesus Christ, fill me with your Holy Spirit and grace that will sustain me within your presence till the end in Jesus Name. Amen.

If the Holy Spirit convicted you and you made this decision/commitment, you are welcome to the Family of God(a new unbroken eternal relationship with the true living God). Get a holy bible(hardcopy/softcopy), start studying it (I will advise you to start from the 1st chapter of the Gospel of St.John, few verses for each day or 1-chapter for each day then as your appetite/love for God's word increases you can extend the number of chapters for each day) *making sure* that you ask the Holy Spirit to give you more revelation about the *personality of Jesus Christ Crucified* who is now the new life that you are carrying within your mortal-body in this new covenant relationship of His death on the Cross and His resurrection, meet people around you who have been Christians before you and request to do bible studies with them, join any fellowship/church close to you where *Jesus Christ Crucified alone is preached from the holy bible as the only means of human salvation*, make yourself regularly available for bible studies carried-out in your local church and always ask the Holy Spirit to reveal His Grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ new covenant teachings to you in each fellowship of the brethren you attend. Do not participate in any bible studies or fellowship of the brethren without being deliberate and intentional to receive fresh grace and revelation of the personality of Jesus Christ Crucified in order to grow in your relationship with the true living God.

If you are convinced that we can mutually encourage each other’s faith by the grace of the Holy Spirit, you can send an inbox message on any of my social media handle.
Great Grace Brethren!!!

(1) (Reply)

Steven Furtick – When You’ve Tried Everything / Videos: 5 Beautiful Nigerian Worship Songs That Will Touch Your Soul On Youtube / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:sunday, September 6, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.