Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? (309 Views)

Adeboye Being Ordained As A Pastor In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / Mentally Challenged Woman And Man "Healed" By Pastor In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by seyi360(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
Many Christians prefer to code their identity as believers especially in public places . They choose the Nicodemus approach to the Pauline boldness
Even some Pastors would rather lay low in public and deliberately hide under a cover to go with the flow.

Many feel embarrassed
Few feel shy
Very little feel good about it.

The society looks at them differently and expect a level of decorum, endurance and perseverance from them .
People often tempt them just to evaluate their reaction hoping they will say something that will earn the common reply " And you call yourself a Pastor".
Most people don't recollect that men of God are men first before becoming men of God.

Hence, most of them would rather hide that identity in public places so when they react accordingly to troublesome people, there would be no one around to judge them instantly, which could be embarrassing.

By and large, Paul says "I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation........" Romans 1:16
Be comfortable when called Pastor anywhere , you should only feel uncomfortable when your secret life is not in tandem with the public proclamation.
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by MightySparrow: 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2020
Feel good, highest honour.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by donbachi(m): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
I feel great

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
What I observed is that it's usually the unsaved even some Christians or church goers that do that. They use the word "pastor" for anyone who's saved or shown to be living life in a Godly way as it should be.

For instance, someone who used to live a life of sin with his friends, who all of a sudden repents and becomes saved, all his unsaved friends even the Christians among them would be calling him pastor just because of that, even though he may not be pastoring a church but just that he's now saved and living right as God had asked of us.

So it's often used in a subtle way to keep such ones at bay, and a times to mock or embarrass. Although there are times when it's also said out of respect.

However i'm not very comfortable with being called a pastor, especially by unsaved Christians or church goers, because I would prefer they were saved as well and so do not want them to settle for that. Also i don't believe in such titles, but that my lifestyle should be the title of my life. And considering the extent to which titles have been used to deceive and mislead, I don't use such to classify any man but the content of his character.

But if i'd love to be called anything other than my real name, it would be something that has to do with Jesus, like Jesus' disciple, Jesus' person, Jesus' man, Jesus boy, also jesusjnr. I wouldn't mind brother as well.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
donbachi:
I feel great

Who?

You? grin lol ok...
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by seyi360(m): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
donbachi:
I feel great

Young Pastors won't like the idea especially while trying to woo a lady
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
They should feel good.

I think the reason some of them like to be silent about it, is so people dont expect so much from them or begin to read their every moves and actions.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by seyi360(m): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
Brachaa:

Who?

You? grin lol ok...

How is he meant to feel, Embarrassed?
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
seyi360:

How is he meant to feel, Embarrassed?

Is he a pastor? grin don't know him to be one though.
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by seyi360(m): 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
Brachaa:
They should feel good.

I think the reason some of them like to be silent about it, is so people dont expect so much from them or begin to read their every moves and actions.

Furthermore, Pastors are not always in the "Pastor mode". There are times they just want to be themselves and like everyone else. That's the wrong time to spot them and shout "Pastor". They look at you and just smile , saying " you just exposed me".
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by seyi360(m): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
Brachaa:

Is he a pastor? grin don't know him to be one though.

Ok, what do you know him to be?
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2020
seyi360:

Ok, what do you know him to be?

He's just a regular guy on here from what I know so far though.
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
seyi360:

Furthermore, Pastors are not always in the "Pastor mode". There are times they just want to be themselves and like everyone else. That's the wrong time to spot them and shout "Pastor". They look at you and just smile , saying " you just exposed me".

Why should they feel exposed? It means they are ashamed of Gods work or their spiritual office.

Any man of God who feels embarrassed for being called a pastor doesn't deserve that office. Period!

I'm a Sunday school teacher and can never feel embarrassed for being called one. Like why?
Who do I want to impress?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by donbachi(m): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
Brachaa:

Who?
You? grin lol ok...
calm down make GOD use u.
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
donbachi:
calm down make GOD use u.

Lol... Ok. smiley
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by PastorandMentor(m): 2:45am On Aug 30, 2020
Don't call me pastor in public abeg. You wan spoil my show?
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by helinues: 6:22am On Aug 30, 2020
Not everybody is proud of their title cos of their double life...
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by Queenlovely(f): 6:41am On Aug 30, 2020
I can never be ashamed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by seyi360(m): 7:18am On Aug 30, 2020
PastorandMentor:
Don't call me pastor in public abeg. You wan spoil my show?

Lol, na Pastor and mentor like you be suspect
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by seyi360(m): 7:19am On Aug 30, 2020
helinues:

Exactly
Re: How Do You Feel When Called "Pastor" In Public Places? by seyi360(m): 7:22am On Aug 30, 2020
helinues:

You can imagine a Pastor in a club or bar dancing and someone calls him loud "Pastorrrrrrrr" , he would just faint in shame.

(1) (Reply)

Adultery / When You Meet That Pastor Who Prophesied You Will Buy Benz In Year 2020 / Another Message To Believers In Babylon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.