Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. (1178 Views)

What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? / My Wife Records Our Argument / My Mom’s Market List 1984: See How Far Nigeria Has Gone (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by Leezah(f): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dele Momodu wrote
THIS FOR ME IS THE BEST ARGUMENT SO FAR AGAINST CAMA... ENJOY.

"NIGERIAN PASTORS

They are running their churches 100% better than the way the president is running the country.

The fact is many Nigerians are loosing it. They can't think beyond going after pastors.

In what way has pastors prevented Nigeria from owning an airline

In what way do pastors prevent Nigeria from having industries

Less than 0.0001% of pastors own Jets in Nigeria. ----but no, let us forget the over 70% that earn less than 50k/month and focus on the 0.0001% than own jets.

If you run your governments the way church leaders are running churches. Nigeria might be a Qatar right now. In all these argument Canaanland has had stable electricity and water supply for its over 15,000 residents since 1999 and is already on the verge of converting waste to electricity. RCCG is producing 25MW of electricity. Yet your ... govt you pay compulsory tax, vat, CIT, Pet Tax has not been able to give you light decades after independence.

Living Faith has more than 25,000 Staff and has never owed any of them salary! Yet your state govt that collects Allocation plus Tax cannot pay full salary.

Living Faith, a single Church, is schooling 16 thousand of your Citizens in Higher institutions and many more at primary and Secondary levels yet you think you have the capacity to waggle your tongue

I went for Shiloh all through and stayed in the staff quarters, yet it was electricity all through; for one second, water did not go off in spite of thousands that were present. On a normal day you won't walk 20 metres before you find a segregated bin to dispose your waste.

The entire area was fully covered by different layers of Security with multiple CCTV and IoT enabled barrier gates. And yet your Abuja, capital of the Nation does not have CCTV yet you open your .... mouth to talk down on pastors!

Between the guy that calls himself Area father and Bishop David Oyedepo Ministries International who resigned a federal job and started a Church of 3 people and has widened it to over 6,000 churches globally, over 200 schools, 2 hospitals, Over 1000 hectares farm for livestock and crop, Another farm in Igbesa and CU. With 15,000 housing Estate in progress, Water factories, Zeolite factory, One Research center, a scholarship fund, Beverage factories, 10 million books, Publishing house, Radio Station etc who has had more impact or who will have better capacity to govern the nation...??

Canaanland hosts hundreds of thousands of people every week yet no stampede ever. Government gathered people at stadium for recruitment exercise and before it even began, many were dead!

Living Faith already has a master plan till 2032 yet govt does not have a plan for 2020!

You know Illogicality is the trademark of most Africans. They fail to think beyond their prejudices and sentiments hence Africa has remained on the ground.

Can we imagine how developed the nation would have been if we have people with the right mindset at the helm of the nation’s affairs? God bless all our pastors.
THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH THEIR TONGUE."

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by WoundedLamb: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
But this article didn't really shed light on why CAMA is bad and how it will affect the church negatively. It's just comparing the church and the government without delving into the nitty gritty of the issue. I'm neither for nor against CAMA but I like to hear both sides of the argument and this one barely scratched the surface.

As for pastors, not all of them have private jets and I'm sure some of them are very good people with good intentions. Talking about jets, another thing worth mentioning is that the majority of the pentecostal Christians belong to the churches owned by those few that owned private jets. So it's no longer about the percentage of pastors that own jets but the number of people under these few pastors. It can also be argued that those that don't own jets (those that earn 50k according to the article) simply can't afford it cause they command smaller congregations and not because they are any better. The super rich pastors are still their models. But then again, it's not all about jets.

A good argument would be one that details the part of CAMA that effects the church and outlines how it's gonna be counter productive or how it's absolutely unnecessary or aimless.

3 Likes

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by SUPERPACK: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
WoundedLamb:
But this article didn't really shed light on why CAMA is bad and how it will affect the church negatively. It's just comparing the church and the government without delving into the nitty gritty of the issue. I'm neither for nor against CAMA but I like to hear both sides of the argument and this one barely scratched the surface.

As for pastors, not all of them have private jets and I'm sure some of them are very good people with good intentions. Talking about jets, another thing worth mentioning is that the majority of the pentecostal Christians belong to the churches owned by those few that owned private jets. So it's no longer about the percentage of pastors that own jets but the number of people under these few pastors. It can also be argued that those that don't own jets (those that earn 50k according to the article) simply can't afford it cause they command a smaller congregation and not because they are any better. The super rich pastors are still their models. But then again, it's not all about jets.

A good argument would be one that details the part of CAMA that effects the church and outlines how it's gonna be counter productive or how it's absolutely unnecessary or aimless.
You deserve chilled beer. The writer was just engaging in a tout-ish rant without even touching the focal point. I wonder why he did not compare the pastors vs government bedroom skills too. SMH.

4 Likes

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by slimmax: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
This CAMA is really a pain in the thigh for some. A believer is not forced to give any amount if s/he does not want to. Make Govt focus on what is their mandate than digressing from it. Very soon they will bring a law that will require reciepts for giving out alms or charity.

6 Likes

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by Pineapplelove: 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
But the current Nigerian Vice President is a senior pastor. How come all these is happening under his nose

1 Like

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by Leezah(f): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2020
Pineapplelove:
But the current Nigerian Vice President is a senior pastor. How come all these is happening under his nose
What do you want him to say?

1 Like

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by Darkerberry: 2:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
The best argument explaining each side between CAMA 2020 and CAN I've read and agreed with so far is published by This Day, link below if you want to read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/08/30/how-cama-2020-touches-the-raw-nerve-of-can-2/amp/

2 Likes

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by Leezah(f): 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2020
Darkerberry:
The best argument explaining each side between CAMA 2020 and CAN I've read and agreed with so far is published by This Day, link below if you want to read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/08/30/how-cama-2020-touches-the-raw-nerve-of-can-2/amp/
Thanks

1 Like

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by lastgenious(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Leezah 08134028062 just text

2 Likes

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by Leezah(f): 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
lastgenious:
Leezah 08134028062 just text
why?

2 Likes

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by mindtricks: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Pineapplelove:

I doubt if the vice is swapped with his boss, that things will remain the same.
Vice cannot do more than the boss permits.

2 Likes

Re: This For Me Is The Best Argument So Far Against Cama... Enjoy. by QuinModah(f): 7:54pm On Apr 13
smiley
mindtricks:

I doubt if the vice is swapped with his boss, that things will remain the same.
Vice cannot do more than the boss permits.

(1) (Reply)

My Uncle Vowed Never To Help Me / My Little Niece Got To Experience "The No Gree For Anybody" Energy Today / Suspicious Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.