Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede (12722 Views)

How Christians Can Stay Strong During Trying Times - Tunde Korede / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede / 4 Reasons Christians Die In Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Harrynight(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2020
How can xtians thread be easily acces buh Muslim, u have to attend aptitude test
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by PrinceMajestic: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2020
Today I was in a church on invitation by mom, I can tell you the the few moments in the premises was horrible, I saw people moving around with facemasks under their chins whilst large group of people sat on good furniture benches while some stood, so when it was mom's turn to go forward with her people, I moved right inside the big building with some family members. I was feeling so horrible and disgusted now, I saw people moving their bodies in funny ways and clapping hands together while some were sweating hard, I noticed the priest was holding some soughta bottle water which his spraying on people so I tried to avoid it but unfortunately some little sprayed on me so we stood in front of the church while others in the church were all staring at us, I was so angered , in like 2 mins I noticed my family members were all now going back from the front after dropping foodstuffs there and there was huge noise with people clapping hands, moving in funny ways in a queue holding money to go drop in a box et al. But I felt so sick the few moments I was there this morning, I just couldn't disregard my mom's invite but I had to leave as soon as as possible. So all the rubbish activities that transpired in a church today, clapping hands, moving bodies stupidly in guise of dancing for god, holding money and queuing up to go drop it while a man like you makes you kneel and stand at random then at the end of the day you go home and say you have worshipped a god today but how can all that gibberish stop boko haram from bombing all of you while you fool yourselves in various waste buildings across the country? Christianity or Islam is only a mental or brain viruses you lazy thinkers cannot cure from.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Mascarro96: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2020
Please i need assistance, noting is too small ......... 2115474909
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by skimena: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2020
me n my landlady once attended same church. anytime I share testimony in church how God is blessing me at work. the next thing she will increase rent n start saying I need to pay for this n that. I just pack out of the house and change church

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by od4life(m): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2020
Nice article Tunde Korede. Happy birthday.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Yea I think its Enugu. Since she talks about it.

Tho since you said no one has been to the U.K recently then maybe its not one of your siblings.
Alright.
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by charlie24(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2020
0022511152 stanbic bank..... in need of 1k for tp... God bless us.
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Seebrian(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2020
Amen
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Olatara(f): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2020
I prefer sharing my testimony privately with my pastor, I am very shy and there are something I can't say in the public.
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by donclark(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2020
Join us on telegram today, we're launching something special to help you earn millions before the year runs out. Search for Cashflownet on telegram or visit t .me/cashflownet
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Seebrian(m): 11:44am On Aug 30, 2020
God bless you beloved Tunde.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:46am On Aug 30, 2020
TundeKorede:
A lot of believers are oblivious to the benefits embedded in sharing testimonies in Church. Although, testimonies are not to be shared in Church alone, they can be shared at home too.

In this article, we shall examine the biblical reasons for sharing testimonies. My belief is that you will join the league of testifiers in Church after reading this blogpost.

Five Reasons Why You Need To Share Your Testimonies In Church
(1) To Strengthen The Faith Of Others

David shared the testimony of how he killed a lion and a bear with King Saul. After sharing the story, Saul’s faith in the God David served was strengthened.

1 Samuel 17:36-37
[36]Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.

[37]David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the LION, and out of the PAW OF THE BEAR he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.
If David didn’t share that testimony with Saul. He would not have allowed him to go and fight the Philistine. Saul knew that if a man could overcome a lion, the king of the jungle. He should be able to overcome any warrior in life.

When we share our testimonies in Church, we strengthen our faith and the faith of others. If you share the testimony of how you labored and gave birth afterwards. There are some pregnant women whose faith will be strengthened.

In other words, we boost the faith of others when we share testimonies in Church. Testimony makes people to foresee possibilities and eradicate every form of impossibilities.

(2) Jesus Expects You To Share Your Testimony
Ten lepers were healed by Jesus and only one out of them came to Jesus to share his testimony. And Jesus responded saying;

Luke 17:16-17
[16]And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
[17]And Jesus answering said, WERE THERE NOT TEN CLEANSED? BUT WHERE ARE THE NINE?

This statement explains the fact that Jesus expected all the ten healed lepers to share their testimonies. But it was only one person who came back to give thanks.

Till today, Jesus expects us to go to where we have been healed and share our testimony. He expects us to give the testimony of how he saved us. He expects us to share the testimony of how he blessed and protected us.

Do not be an ungrateful believer. When we share testimony, it shows our hearts of gratitude. It enables the Lord to know that we appreciate Him for what He has done. It is not enough to tell you friends. Go to the person God used for you and share your testimony.

After Jesus healed the madman of Gadarenes. He told him to go and testify to his people at home;

Mark 5:19
[19]Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

Be a testifier! Don’t be an ingrate!

How To Know You Are In a Wrong Relationship

(3) To Bring Many People To Christ
It was the testimony of Jesus that the Samaritan woman shared with her friends that made many to believe Christ.

John 4:39
[39]And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, WHICH TESTIFIED, He told me all that ever I did.

The woman was not an ingrate. She didn’t hide under the canopy of being a shy type of a woman. She went around and publicise the ministry of Christ. Her testimony was enough for many Samaritans to believe in Jesus.

Therefore, testimonies bring people to Christ. There are people who will never be captivated by exegesis of the Scriptures. But there are people who will be captivated by true life stories of how Christ librates men. These men need our testimony!

Never hesitate to share the testimony that will bring many to Christ. Your testimony of healing can make an unbeliever to accept Christ.

(4) It’s The Secret Of Victors
Revelation 12:11
[11]And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and BY THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Victorious believers will always have testimonies to share. When David overcame Lion and a bear, he had a testimony to share. Those who want to ensure consistent dominion over the works of the devil must be consistent testifiers.

The more you share your testimonies, the more God blesses you. The more you appreciate Him before many people. The more He will continue to give you songs of praise and reasons to share testimonies.

To be a victor, you must be a consistent testifier.

Biblical Reasons Why You Should Celebrate Your Birthday

(5) To Make God’s Grace Known To People
1 Corinthians 15:9-10

[9]For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
[10]But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Paul, the apostle, shared his testimony of how God located him through grace. He maintained that everything he achieved was by the grace of God.

Testimony validates the grace of God upon our lives. We are not ascribing glory to ourselves but to God. When glory is given to God, He blesses us and sees our humility.

Paul was humble enough to ascribe his success to God’s grace. This is exactly what we do, when we share our testimonies.

Warning!!!
• No man of God is to be exalted while sharing testimony. Testimony should be shared in order to return glory to God and strengthen the faith of others.

• We don’t share testimonies to showoff but to recognize God’s grace.

• Believers should desist from sharing fabricated stories in order to stir the faith of men. Be plain and be truthful whenever you share your testimony In Church.

• It is not really polite to share a testimony of a work that is not complete. For example, there is no point sharing a testimony that you have gotten pregnant when you have not given birth. If you want to do that, do it wisely.

Thank you so much for reading. Please, leave a comment after reading.

Also, today is Tunde Korede's birthday, a young Nigerian Christian Blogger. You can take time to encourage me in the comment section below. Thanks!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/five-reasons-why-you-should-share-testimony-in-church/

Correct

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by MrBigiman: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2020
The world has changed. "village people" are all over most churches seeking to inflict their witchcraft on upwardly mobile people. People should weigh things they give as testimony as a lot of envy abound in Churches. Anonymous testimonies should be adopted in this day and age.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Blaze232(m): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
The world has really been evil...remember the heart of man is desperately dangerously wicked....its better penned down on white

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Afritop(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
So that your enemies can know that their weapons against you has failed
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by eskorelvis: 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Why do you look like one of my female doctor friend
Pls where do u guys see people pics 9o, is it from d person's profile? Cos I don't no o, if u can help with a screenshot it'd help, thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by smogup: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2020
kingxsamz:
Yeah, testimonies like this. grin
I need that sticker badly. I need to place it on my gen.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
TundeKorede:
A lot of believers are oblivious to the benefits embedded in sharing testimonies in Church. Although, testimonies are not to be shared in Church alone, they can be shared at home too.

In this article, we shall examine the biblical reasons for sharing testimonies. My belief is that you will join the league of testifiers in Church after reading this blogpost.

David shared the testimony of how he killed a lion and a bear with King Saul. After sharing the story, Saul’s faith in the God David served was strengthened.

[36]Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.

[37]David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the LION, and out of the PAW OF THE BEAR he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.
If David didn’t share that testimony with Saul. He would not have allowed him to go and fight the Philistine. Saul knew that if a man could overcome a lion, the king of the jungle. He should be able to overcome any warrior in life.

When we share our testimonies in Church, we strengthen our faith and the faith of others. If you share the testimony of how you labored and gave birth afterwards. There are some pregnant women whose faith will be strengthened.

In other words, we boost the faith of others when we share testimonies in Church. Testimony makes people to foresee possibilities and eradicate every form of impossibilities.

Ten lepers were healed by Jesus and only one out of them came to Jesus to share his testimony. And Jesus responded saying;

[16]And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
[17]And Jesus answering said, WERE THERE NOT TEN CLEANSED? BUT WHERE ARE THE NINE?

This statement explains the fact that Jesus expected all the ten healed lepers to share their testimonies. But it was only one person who came back to give thanks.

Till today, Jesus expects us to go to where we have been healed and share our testimony. He expects us to give the testimony of how he saved us. He expects us to share the testimony of how he blessed and protected us.

Do not be an ungrateful believer. When we share testimony, it shows our hearts of gratitude. It enables the Lord to know that we appreciate Him for what He has done. It is not enough to tell you friends. Go to the person God used for you and share your testimony.

After Jesus healed the madman of Gadarenes. He told him to go and testify to his people at home;

[19]Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

It was the testimony of Jesus that the Samaritan woman shared with her friends that made many to believe Christ.

[39]And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, WHICH TESTIFIED, He told me all that ever I did.

The woman was not an ingrate. She didn’t hide under the canopy of being a shy type of a woman. She went around and publicise the ministry of Christ. Her testimony was enough for many Samaritans to believe in Jesus.

Therefore, testimonies bring people to Christ. There are people who will never be captivated by exegesis of the Scriptures. But there are people who will be captivated by true life stories of how Christ librates men. These men need our testimony!

Never hesitate to share the testimony that will bring many to Christ. Your testimony of healing can make an unbeliever to accept Christ.

[11]And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and BY THE WORD OF THEIR TESTIMONY; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Victorious believers will always have testimonies to share. When David overcame Lion and a bear, he had a testimony to share. Those who want to ensure consistent dominion over the works of the devil must be consistent testifiers.

The more you share your testimonies, the more God blesses you. The more you appreciate Him before many people. The more He will continue to give you songs of praise and reasons to share testimonies.

[9]For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
[10]But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Paul, the apostle, shared his testimony of how God located him through grace. He maintained that everything he achieved was by the grace of God.

Testimony validates the grace of God upon our lives. We are not ascribing glory to ourselves but to God. When glory is given to God, He blesses us and sees our humility.

Paul was humble enough to ascribe his success to God’s grace. This is exactly what we do, when we share our testimonies.

Warning!!!
• No man of God is to be exalted while sharing testimony. Testimony should be shared in order to return glory to God and strengthen the faith of others.

• Believers should desist from sharing fabricated stories in order to stir the faith of men. Be plain and be truthful whenever you share your testimony In Church.

• It is not really polite to share a testimony of a work that is not complete. For example, there is no point sharing a testimony that you have gotten pregnant when you have not given birth. If you want to do that, do it wisely.

Also, today is Tunde Korede's birthday, a young Nigerian Christian Blogger. You can take time to encourage me in the comment section below. Thanks!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/five-reasons-why-you-should-share-testimony-in-church/

Sharing false stories.
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Weirdgee: 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
TundeKorede:

Warning!!!

Thanks Op u have done well

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by AngelicBeing: 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2020
smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by AngelicBeing: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
TundeKorede:

Warning!!!

Gbam wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by vineyardfarms: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
Happy birthday MOG

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Capica: 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
people need confessions not testimonies. it is better to set examples for the faithfuls

98% of all testimonies are just normal occurences
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by wirinet(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
kolnel:
Keep looking for miracles and sharing testimonies when the whole world is moving ahead
The whole world has moved past sky daddy, no wonder why the blacks keep screaming black lives matter
No mind them. Upon all the millions of testimonies they keep sharing Sunday in Sunday out (and even everyday during fellowships), Nigeria is still the poverty capital of the world and also one of the most corrupt.
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by Pejapaul: 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2020
God is glorified, when we give testimonies, Satan and demons are defeated in their strategies within the area that the testimony is given.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by golddare: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
TundeKorede:

Warning!!!

More so it's not all testimonies you share, some have been aborted because the testifier did not wait to share at the right time or ask the Holy Spirit.

Some testimonies are meant to be shared just only with your pastor or written anonymous.

Your miracles will not be aborted in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by ofiko123(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2020
It is good to give thanks to God because if you give thanks to God for what he has done, he will do more..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by earnit3: 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
really
Re: 5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede by ehinmetan123(m): 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
Order for your crayfish now at affordable price.
Call or WhatsApp 09051890708

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2024: This Year No Gree For Any Devil! / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.