Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

x - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / x (2281 Views)

Salami Gbolahan And Wife Welcome Their Son / Former Footballer Rafiu Salami Is Dead (Photo) / 3SC Win First Away Game Since 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

x by Shikena(m): 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2011
x
Re: x by DisGuy: 1:29am On Feb 21, 2011
Re: x by 12large1: 4:20am On Feb 21, 2011
hey ya i really liked this player when he came out in ayc 2009 the guy was so skillful and creative although he missed too many chances. but on the first day he attacked his former coach and because he was easily forgived now he went another level to attack the referee. imagine lampard beating up howard webb. and who said razak was missed me i know the guy gbolahan is a good player but his ban should be held
Re: x by 12large1: 4:21am On Feb 21, 2011
plus the guy cannot change nationality again he has already played for naija
Re: x by honeric01(m): 7:21am On Feb 21, 2011
He's very undisciplined, he should be punished.
Re: x by medjai(m): 11:15am On Feb 21, 2011
^^ I agree he should be punished but one year is too much. This was the same thing that happened with Razak Omotoyosi when he was with Sunshine Stars, he was banned for four years and he had to go and play for Benin Republic.
It's good to discipline these players when they err but they should be reasonable with it. What do they expect these players to be doing in the one year they won't be playing? I think this decision is completely arbitrary. Bans and fines are supposed to corrective measures but the way these people are going about, they are ruining these players. A one year ban is ridiculous, where have they heard that done?
Luis Suarez bit a player of PSV, Ottman Bakal, while he was at Ajax and he was handed a 7 games suspension. Samuel Eto'o headbutted a player some weeks ago, he was suspended for 3 games. These people should understand that football is a passion driven sport and these things are unavoidable.

Bassey Akpan was also handed a one year suspension.
Re: x by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Feb 21, 2011
He's not the first to get a 1 year ban so he should live with it.
Re: x by medjai(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
^^ OK, but at some point they just have to do what is right.
Bassey Akpan and Gbolohan Salami have both been dropped out of the squad for the Green Bowl Tournament as a fall out of the ban handed down on them. shocked They'll now miss an opportunity to showcase themselves to the world.

We model our league after top leagues in Europe, where have such bans been slammed on players in Europe.
Re: x by honeric01(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2011
Ferdinand?
Gattuso?
Re: x by DisGuy: 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2011
Salami is an ex-offender with a penchant for fighting and cursing his ban should be review after 6months in the mean time he can go for as many trials as possible

if he is not okay with it he should go to the court of arbitration, just look at the video replay

They'll now miss an opportunity to showcase themselves to the world.

really, nobody is going to watch that put together event, it's a scam chances are it will be cancelled before it starts-again

do you really think its a world class tournament? Sia1 just want to travel abroad with some local stars so he can always tell them na me help you, no forget my cut when you hammer
Re: x by medjai(m): 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2011
honeric01:

Ferdinand?
Gattuso?
Ferdinand was banned for 6 months for drug related offences. I think he tested positive for cocaine.

Gattuso has one of the worst disciplinary records in the history of football but has never been banned for a year. Even his attack on Joe Jordan, Tottenham's Asst. Mgr, got a four match ban.

El-Hadji Diouf, Drogba, Joey Barton, Gattuso, Pepe, Francesco Totti are some of the worst disciplined players in football but they've never been handed a year ban.

I know Salami is a thug, a psycho but a one year ban is ruinous to one's career. You can argue that the ban on Salami is because he has committed a similar offence but what of Bassey Akpan who happens to be a first offender?

Dis Guy:

Salami is an ex-offender with a penchant for fighting and cursing his ban should be review after 6months in the mean time he can go for as many trials as possible

if he is not okay with it he should go to the court of arbitration, just look at the video replay

really, nobody is going to watch that put together event, it's a scam chances are it will be cancelled before it starts-again

do you really think its a world class tournament? Sia1 just want to travel abroad with some local stars so he can always tell them na me help you, no forget my cut when you hammer
LWKMD at your summation of the Greenbowl Soccer Tournament. I think it's a real tournament. We were invited alongside three other countries. I heard we'll be playing Costa Rica and some other countries. No matter how small the tournament is, it will at least afford some players the chance to shine and get a contract abroad.
For Salami, I think a 5 match ban with some cash fine will be okay. Bassey Akpan should get a two match ban.
Re: x by 12large1: 7:00am On Feb 22, 2011
cantona was banned 1season for beating a fan and dats almost the same as beating a referee. so wat u want for him to be banned for just 6 games then then when he returns he would stap an opponent. i say big applause to nff if beating up officials would make players change their nationality let them be, afterall the guy has already appeared for super eagles team b and is ineligible for any other team so npl i say ride on
Re: x by medjai(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2011
^^ No. Eric Cantona was banned for 8 months.
Re: x by DisGuy: 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2011
yea but attacking a player is different from attacking an official, did u see that video? even his coach was trying to stop him
Re: x by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2011
do u guys know theres is a difference between beating a player,a fan and beating up a ref
if u dont then u are totally missing the point here,what he did is clearly an assault and if he had been taken to court he will get about the same length of time in jail.

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Interested In Nigeria Star / Take My Free Uk Pool Week 18 3/3 Sure Nap / Real Madrid Vs Juventus ( Drop Your Predictions And WIN AIRTIME!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.