Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today (762 Views)

Lionel Messi "Banned From Barcelona Training" As Contract Saga Continues / Can these Barcelona Training Kit prevent the spread of covid19 picture / Maradona Slams Argentine Team, Compares Messi To Argentine Comedian, Patoruzu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by LeitaP: 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
Lionel Messi has reportedly been advised to continue attending Barcelona training for the foreseeable future.

Earlier this week, Messi informed club officials that he wishes to leave Camp Nou this summer, allegedly citing a free transfer clause in his contract.

However, with that option having expired on June 10, Barcelona will rebuff any attempts from the 33-year-old to depart the club without a fee being involved.

Although negotiations regarding an exit are likely to be prolonged, TyC Sports suggests that Messi has been told to continue with business as normal.

The Argentine's legal representatives are said to be wanting the forward to turn up at training on Monday in a bid to avoid handing Barcelona any leverage behind the scenes.

Messi, who has less than 12 months on his contract, is reportedly attracting attention from Manchester City, Inter Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/manchester-united-transfer-daily-roundups/news/fridays-man-utd-transfer-talk-messi-fernandez-reguilon_411939.html

Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by Great100000: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
That's good & both parties need to settle it amicably and if he want to leave then they should allow him to leave instead of what they are doing to him, I know that if he leave Barcelona, everything about Barca will reduce but still they need to let him go.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by LeitaP: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
Great100000:
That's Good

Lol, I suppose you a Barca fan
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by Great100000: 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
LeitaP:

Lol, I suppose you a Barca fan
Nope, am a Chelsea FC Fan & watch out for Blues next season....
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by ThiagoKid(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
Nahhhhhhh...!!!

Messix shouldn't listen to those foolish adviser.

abeg, make e leave!

Na force?!
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by LeitaP: 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
Great100000:
Nope, am a Chelsea FC Fan & watch out for Blues next season....

Oh! You don't want him in City
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by LeitaP: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
ThiagoKid:
Nahhhhhhh...!!!

Messix shouldn't listen to those foolish adviser.

abeg, make e leave!

Na force?!

Hah! Oga why you dey take am like that na? By force by fire
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by DrAbayomi(m): 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by Great100000: 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
LeitaP:

Oh! You don't want him in City
He can go to City and i believe he will make little difference because all the eyes (Players) will be on him.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by paulolee(m): 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2020
Yes, i think he should be more professional because he is still under contract with barca and he is a role model to other players..
he should return to training and try see out the remaining one year of his contract if barca chooses to hold on to him if that walk out clause dnt work out for him because i dnt see any club paying such fee that barca is asking for..
but it would be crazy seeing an unhappy lionel messi playing his last season in barca against his wish and i pray the board allows him to go and be happy, dts if they still have conscience..
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by paulolee(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
Great100000:
He can go to City and i believe he will make little difference because all the eyes (Players) will be on him.
thats what he lives for, thats the story of his football career, he is very used to playing with all eyes on him..
would be happy if he ends up in city because i tink its Time for all current EPL managers to start working on the most difficult football project topic ever that tags "how to stop messi"

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by Great100000: 8:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
paulolee:

thats what he lives for, thats the story of his football career, he is very used to playing with all eyes on him..
would be happy if he ends up in city because i tink its Time for all current EPL managers to start working on the most difficult football project topic ever that tags "how to stop messi"
And they will surely stop him, although he will perform at City but don't expect much wonder from him because like i said all eyes will be on him and those opposition players will make it difficult for him, anyway all the best to him because I rest Him (Messi) and C. Ronaldo alot even though am a Chelsea Fan.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by uthlaw: 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
sad news.....wish he could leave those scrib players!
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by paulolee(m): 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
Great100000:
And they will surely stop him, although he will perform at City but don't expect much wonder from him because like i said all eyes will be on him and those opposition players will make it difficult for him, anyway all the best to him because I rest Him (Messi) and C. Ronaldo alot even though am a Chelsea Fan.
messi is getting older and i dnt expect much from him, am thinking dt pep would jus gv him a free role besides de bruyne to compliment the team with key passes and assist and also the biggest advantage of having messi on the ptich is that it would take eyes off the other attackers because all would be focused on messi and he would be doing the assist...
if messi ends up in city, it maybe more if playmaker role and assist than scoring but he would better city by far

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by Great100000: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
paulolee:

messi is getting older and i dnt expect much from him, am thinking dt pep would jus gv him a free role besides de bruyne to compliment the team with key passes and assist and also the biggest advantage of having messi on the ptich is that it would take eyes off the other attackers because all would be focused on messi and he would be doing the assist...
if messi ends up in city, it maybe more if playmaker role and assist than scoring but he would better city by far
You got it
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by LeitaP: 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2020
Great100000:

He will o, it's better imagined.
Nevertheless, I feel premier league clubs will rise to the challenge.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by shogsmania: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
paulolee:
Yes, i think he should be more professional because he is still under contract with barca and he is a role model to other players..
he should return to training and try see out the remaining one year of his contract if barca chooses to hold on to him if that walk out clause dnt work out for him because i dnt see any club paying such fee that barca is asking for..
but it would be crazy seeing an unhappy lionel messi playing his last season in barca against his wish and i pray the board allows him to go and be happy, dts if they still have conscience..
You obviously don't understand what is going on,Barcelona will disgrace themselves if they continue to hinder his exit,his contracts states he can leave but barca and laliga are trying to fight dirty with him because of this magnitude of the loss they will feel.
He deserves so much more than this thrash,we all know he was going to leave one day, they just aren't willing to face reality. It will end in tears for them.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by LeitaP: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
paulolee:

Thoughtful I must say. I concur, he should act professionally, at least, as a good role model in the game as you highlighted.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by ojaysam25(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2020
That's the matured thing to do....win the champions league he promise the fans next season then exit the club on a high before conquering the EPL like his counterpart...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by LeitaP: 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
shogsmania:

You obviously don't understand what is going on,Barcelona will disgrace themselves if they continue to hinder his exit,his contracts states he can leave but barca and laliga are trying to fight dirty with him because of this magnitude of the loss they will feel.
He deserves so much more than this thrash,we all know he was going to leave one day, they just aren't willing to face reality. It will end in tears for them.

As for Covid-19, I don't think there was an exception for incidents like this in the contract. It's left for the court to determine this case as the 'season's ending' was included in the contract for him to leave and now the season has ended.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by shogsmania: 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2020
LeitaP:

As for Covid-19, I don't think there was an exception for incidents like this in the contract. It's left for the court to determine this case as the 'season's ending' was included in the contract for him to leave and now the season has ended.
If Barcelona and laliga had any dignity then they wouldn't have taken him to court at all,he didn't renew his contract earlier this year because he wanted to be free of any drama when he decides to leave,but this crap shows their is no loyalty or respect in football it's just business.
There are going to lose their greatest legacy to petty hate.
When ronaldo wanted to move is request was approved immediately, it's called professionalism, you don't tie down someone that has done it all for you.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by shogsmania: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2020
ojaysam25:
That's the matured thing to do....win the champions league he promise the fans next season then exit the club on a high before conquering the EPL like his counterpart...
Which stupid champions league,football is not a one man game, its not rocket science bruv.he has given them the trophy 3times already.we the real fans understand his position and the only matured thing for the club to do is to let him leave respectfully, only haters like you say otherwise
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by LeitaP: 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
shogsmania:

If Barcelona and laliga had any dignity then they wouldn't have taken him to court at all,he didn't renew his contract earlier this year because he wanted to be free of any drama when he decides to leave,but this crap shows their is no loyalty or respect in football it's just business.
There are going to lose their greatest legacy to petty hate.
When ronaldo wanted to move is request was approved immediately, it's called professionalism, you don't tie down someone that has done it all for you.

Yeah it's a business thing. There seems no justification for him to be held as he didn't renew his contract with them.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by shogsmania: 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
LeitaP:

Yeah it's a business thing. There seems no justification for him to be held as he didn't renew his contract with them.
It is a total embarrassment that they can do that to messi, that sends a whole new message to the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by ojaysam25(m): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2020
shogsmania:

Which stupid champions league,football is not a one man game, its not rocket science bruv.he has given them the trophy 3times already.we the real fans understand his position and the only matured thing for the club to do is to let him leave respectfully, only haters like you say otherwise
I don't really understand wether you guys are barca or messi fan...why did he want to leave the club now that they need him most....according to you guys he is loyal to barca because barca did everything for him,they treat his sickness...
Messi is a great player no doubt....but he is a silent killer,he always pretend to be a saint and no matter what he does he will always be a saint to you guys...he is loyal because the club was winning,now that they are in a crisis,is when we are supposed to know his loyalty...but he turns out he is only interested in winning trophy and balor d hor ..he is so selfish and ungrateful.
Re: Lionel Messi To Report To Barcelona Training Today by paulolee(m): 7:30am On Aug 31, 2020
shogsmania:

yeah i got ur point and not taking sides with anybody, all am saying is dt barca board and messi planned heading to Court and dts my pain because it wont be nice for barca and messi dragging each oda in court because messi have done so much for barca n dnt deserve such treatment bt for the board football is all about business and no sentiments or loyalty in business, dey are ingrates

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Are Spending Money Gotten From The Sale Of Eden Hazard. Check The Lists. / A / Bernardo Silva Announces His Departure ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.