Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

What Are You Building? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are You Building? (111 Views)

What Are You Building? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Building? by AyietimBlog: 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
What Are You Building?

“Let’s be honest with each other, building your network marketing business isn’t all rainbows and sunshine.

Often, it can feel like clouds and thunderstorms which is why the average will quit and give up on their dreams. A stranger was walking through a construction site where dozens of men were busy at work. The sun was unbearably hot. Not a cloud in the sky. The workers were complaining about everything – the heat, the lousy tools, the other workers, everything!

Each time the stranger walked past a sweaty worker, he’d ask,“What are you doing?”

Each worker would scowl and angrily reply, “What does it look like I’m doing? I’m laying bricks. Leave me alone!”

But one man stood out from the rest. Although he was soaked in sweat and filthy from the dust and mortar, he was humming a tune, and the stranger could swear the man was smiling.

“All of these men are miserable except you,” commented the stranger.  “You’re all slaving away under the same hot sun, doing the same hard work. Yet you’re smiling while you’re laying bricks and they’re angry and swearing. Why?”

The smiling worker turned to him, mopped his brow and replied in a strong, proud voice:

“I’m smiling because I’m not just laying bricks. I’m building a Cathedral.”

https://ayietim./2020/08/30/what-are-you-building/

(1) (Reply)

Bagudu, Visits Communities Ravaged By Flood, Pledges Govt’s Urgent Intervention / Have A Check On Win Lottoty / Tribute Video To T'challa The Black Panther

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.