Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,188 members, 7,839,042 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun (28221 Views)

Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / VAT: Wike Started A Revolution, Restructuring Has Begun — Adegboruwa / Suddenly The Call For Restructuring Has Died Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by ifelekan1(m): 10:02am On Aug 31, 2020
Na scam, na scam and I say again NA SCAM. They are preparing for 2023 and wants people to think they are working in the interest of the masses. APC Na Scam
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by AnanseK(m): 10:05am On Aug 31, 2020
THE NEXT NEXT LEVEL Loading.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Salisu19(m): 10:06am On Aug 31, 2020
Believe this lie at your own peril
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by ccollins(m): 10:09am On Aug 31, 2020
GamalNasser:
That's true The NBA has already restructured into two groups one being Northern Nigeria Bar Association
NBA has not changed and remains one body.stop messing up. Be wise and don't talk ignorantly
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by omofranyoung(m): 10:10am On Aug 31, 2020
Scam
All this for

Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Omooba77: 10:15am On Aug 31, 2020
ifelekan1:
Na scam, na scam and I say again NA SCAM. They are preparing for 2023 and wants people to think they are working in the interest of the masses. APC Na Scam

Thank You brother. How many of the so called Youth understand this......
They still remain abusive as ever....
God pass man....
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Brushstrokes20: 10:17am On Aug 31, 2020
# the usual Bullcrap!.. Bunch of self serving thieves!
All motion, no movement...
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by barnabasfavour: 10:24am On Aug 31, 2020
I'm inviting you to join ShareToEarn, a site that lets you earn money with social media. I just earned $25.00 and you can too! Sign up today for a $50 bonus! https://refer.sharetoearn.co/barnabasfavour92.Also complete a task in task wall
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Nchenches: 10:25am On Aug 31, 2020
patrickmuf:
Will executive order stand the test of time? I think a constitutional review should suffice.

I am quite certain most states are without elected LGA Chairmen and even the ones with elected Chairmen, the Governors are still holding sway...

If we must get it right, the executive arm of government should sponsor a bill seeking for the dissolution of state electoral commissions first and foremost, let INEC be saddled with the responsibility of conducting all elections so that Governor can stop selecting LGA Chairmen...

Secondly, the executive should lobby the national assembly to review the constitution wherein, LGA autonomy, SHOA autonomy and Judicial fiscal autonomy will be enshrined in the constitution...

Thirdly, state should control their resources and be made to compulsory remit a percentage to the FG that way, all states will be forced to harness her God given potentials...

Fourthly, on electioneering, they should push a bill recognizing independent candidature...In Nigeria before you are given the flag of APC or PDP, you will have made so many concessions and in some cases made to sign undertakings with far reaching spiritual implications should you at any point in time renege on such commitments...

The independent candidature bill should be followed with another one seeking to reposition INEC. Electronic voting is the way forward to deal with cases of ballot box snatching and electoral violence all together...

All of these can be done and should be done if the Buhari-led FG really mean well for the people. A big 'IF' I must say...

States to control their resources - you recommended.

Lol. How do you expect an average Fulani to accept that genuine recommendation?

Buhari told the Emir of his Katsina that they fought for the resources in the south and won them during the civil war.
Most of northern Nigeria has adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal justice system; it’s like the sharia country in northern Nigeria. But the sharia country in the north still sticks to one Nigeria because of lucre of crude oil and access to sea in the south.

Buhari and APC political restructuring shall end up to consolidate the stranglehold of the Fulani on Nigeria.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Gordieshegz(m): 10:29am On Aug 31, 2020
abc115:
Judiciary Fiscal Autonomy-Yes
Local Govt Fiscal Autonomy-Yes
State Houses of Assembly Fiscal Autonomy-Yes
Community Policing-Yes

Kudos PMB

Never complete until States are given autonomy.
The monthly federal allocations should stop and States should fend for themselves and also determine their developmental processes.

Let Zamfara struggle to provide the required funds to afford expensive cars for its State's legislature during a pandemic.

Let Kaduna continue harbouring killers that will keep disrupting the productivity the State.

Let Ondo indigenes know that the only bane to their development is their governor.

If governance gets closer to the people, they will challenge their leaders for inefficiencies and also use their senses during electioneering.

This is because an average Nigeria will leave behind his state governor and start lashing at the federal government every now and then. With true federalism, not even these redundant concillors will be spared. Finances that States struggled to make will be utilised judiciously, accountability will be more.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Omooba77: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2020
Seventy7kings:
you as the OP didn't even read the story you copied? SMH

I just read what NNPC GMD said, that N5.4bn was paid as subsidy in June, yet we buy fuel at N148.70.....
Yet poverty is reducing....Check all the indices sir.....
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by michoim(m): 10:34am On Aug 31, 2020
abc115:
Judiciary Fiscal Autonomy-Yes
Local Govt Fiscal Autonomy-Yes
State Houses of Assembly Fiscal Autonomy-Yes
Community Policing-Yes

Kudos PMB
On point, you can say that again!
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by TemmyT002(m): 10:37am On Aug 31, 2020
I can't believe I am saying this: let's breakaway abeg
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by BreconHills(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2020
Omooba77:
The same people opposed to 2014 National Confab.....
The Devil will be afraid of those lying for APC.......

They opposed if because it was a political exercise in futility. These people know that a change in the constitution is only possible through NASS. An SNC cannot effect constitutional change. From the time the report was submitted, why was it not implemented especially as the PDP had a clear majority in both houses.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Omooba77: 10:42am On Aug 31, 2020
BreconHills:

They opposed if because it was a political exercise in futility. These people know that a change in the constitution is only possible through NASS. An SNC cannot effect constitutional change. From the time the report was submitted, why was it not implemented especially as the PDP had a clear majority in both houses.

It was to be implemented after election, APC was STRONGLY opposed to it.....Now they are claiming the glory...
Which NASS approved the one signed by PMB?
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by BreconHills(m): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2020
Omooba77:

It was to be implemented after election, APC was STRONGLY opposed to it.....Now they are claiming the glory...
Which NASS approved the one signed by PMB?

Please what the gap of time between the Confab report and the 2015 elections? How long does it take to introduce a bill? I said "introduction" not even passing the bill. Why would a sitting party with a clear majority in both houses, shift implementation till after an election whose result is uncertain?

Let us not play politics with facts.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2020
post=93410557:
Only the willingly blind cannot see that our nation is undergoing massive developments,
Compare to the 16 years of failure and looting...

You'll just bring out time and be writing rubbish. My happiness is that the hell which is Nigeria is affecting you also
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2020
its hightime The modes do the needful by baning that very toxic individual behind the moniker '' who is always violating the rules of this forum for cheap attention. its becoming too much for him
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by WizzyVine: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2020
Omooba77:
The same people opposed to 2014 National Confab.....
The Devil will be afraid of those lying for APC.......

No, he knew the recommendations of the canfab is good for the country but since he will not benefit from it, he decided to implement it just before he leaves office so that he'll not be affected by it in any way.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Omooba77: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2020
BreconHills:

Please what the gap of time between the Confab report and the 2015 elections? How long does it take to introduce a bill? I said "introduction" not even passing the bill. Why would a sitting party with a clear majority in both houses, shift implementation till after an election whose result is uncertain?

Let us not play politics with facts.

Ok sir. Truth is Constant....
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by WhizdomXX(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2020
anonimi:

Can you read what you just wrote whether it aligns with your moniker?
Of course it does. We criticize them without bringing up meaningful solutions, without playing our own role in the better Nigeria we all want(a few don't want this however). If most youths on this forum are giving a chance to dupe someone, they will do it then come online the next day and cry about APC leadership. That is not saying the Government is doing commendably but in a democratic scene as ours, leaders are an expression of their followers. That even reminds me, I went to buy fuel yesterday, tank filled and I asked the guy how much? He said #3000 fast, not knowing I saw the #2,628 on the screen before he removed it. I just smiled and gave dude the money, shaking my head as I was going. Nigeria is where it is because the youths have decided that's how they like it.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by WhizdomXX(m): 11:25am On Aug 31, 2020
lexy2014:

Can u pls suggest how u want everyone to work together? Y do u say Nigerians shouldn't castigate d govt even if they are wrong? What do u suggest should be done in such an instance? How does castigating d govt prevent it from doing its job? What in your opinion will "bring about the better Nigeria we all hope for?" What are d better ways u are referring?
We castigate without bringing meaningful solutions, I see it alot on this platform. However, even the few that that bring solutions sadly they're not heard probably they don't follow the right channels or their voices aren't loud enough.
Our leaders are a mirror of us their followers ( In a democracy), we shout on social media but fail to galvanise support to put in better people to lead us. That's how societies move forward. Not crying every four years cycle
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by lexy2014: 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2020
WhizdomXX:

We castigate without bringing meaningful solutions, I see it alot on this platform. However, even the few that that bring solutions sadly they're not heard probably they don't follow the right channels or their voices aren't loud enough.
Our leaders are a mirror of us their followers ( In a democracy), we shout on social media but fail to galvanise support to put in better people to lead us. That's how societies move forward. Not crying every four years cycle

Oga, u haven't answered my questions:

Can u pls suggest how u want everyone to work together? Y do u say Nigerians shouldn't castigate d govt even if they are wrong? What do u suggest should be done in such an instance? How does castigating d govt prevent it from doing its job? What in your opinion will "bring about the better Nigeria we all hope for?" What are d better ways u are referring?

1 Like

Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by Tapout(m): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
they have indirectly started campaigning for 2023.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by danngnews: 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
post=93410663:
Wailers, Children of hate, frustration and perdition you can keep wailing for the rest of your miserable looting lives.

This is how this guy refer to and insult those with different views to his, yet mods will not ban or warn him , but when u give it to him hot as it should be , quickly they ban you.

Seun, I don't know if you are aware of this sort of one sided attitude of your mods or if u are in support of it.

It's well.
Re: APC To Nigerians: Calm Down! Restructuring Has Begun by mbos: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
post=93410557:
Only the willingly blind cannot see that our nation is undergoing massive developments,
Compare to the 16 years of failure and looting...

This is the kinda positive and good news that make the children of hate, frustration and perdition go mad and wail.
They are even doing that on the thread before we arrived, are we surprised?
Hell nooooo wink cheesy
Just like Peak milk : it's in them.
Daily bitterness and hatred for any good news about our darling country.

Make all of una pessimist take am.......

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
funny without memory
the rail line built 95% by Jonathan us now APC
this is truly a ZOO OOOOOOOOOOO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Reverts Public Holiday To Two Days / Some Abducted Chibok Girls Refused To Come Home / Tinubu, Mimiko Adopt New Alternative Plans Over Ondo Governorship Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.