Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

A Reflection From Dele Momodu's Opinion On The 2020 CAMA Laws - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Reflection From Dele Momodu's Opinion On The 2020 CAMA Laws (375 Views)

Dele Momodu Visits Evelyn, TB Joshua’s Wife (Photo) / CAMA: FG Says Religious Bodies Must Submit Details Of Their Finances / CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Reflection From Dele Momodu's Opinion On The 2020 CAMA Laws by IniAkpanMorgan(m): 11:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
I have been dealing with feedbacks from the article in which I suggested that Bishop Oyedepo needs to learn "brokenness" from Pastor Adeboye. In this piece, the feedback threw at me the whole article of Chief Dele Momodu, and I am grateful, I finally got to read it.

The reading of Chief Momodu's article was recommended to me in another feedback, but I insisted that my contributions to the issue rests not on the 2020 CAMA Laws Chief Momodu dealt with, but on what led to the "marriage" between "Church Leaders" and the business sector of the Nigerian government.

And no one will understand the message I carry on the matter, until he attempts to answer the questions I have raised:

Enjoy my third party reflection on Chief Dele Momodu's piece.

NIGERIAN PASTORS

They are running their churches 100% better than the way the president is running the country. The fact is many Nigerians are loosing it. They can't think beyond going after pastors.!In what way has pastors prevented Nigeria from owning an airline. In what way do pastors prevent Nigeria from having industries

Less than 0.0001% of pastors own Jets in Nigeria. ----but no, let us forget the over 70% that earn less than 50k/month and focus on the 0.0001% than own jets.

If you run your governments the way church leaders are running churches. Nigeria might be a Qatar right now. In all these argument Canaanland has had stable electricity and water supply for its over 15,000 residents since 1999 and is already on the verge of converting waste to electricity. RCCG is producing 25MW of electricity. Yet your ... govt you pay compulsory tax, vat, CIT, Pet Tax has not been able to give you light decades after independence.

Living Faith has more than 25,000 Staff and has never owed any of them salary! Yet your state govt that collects Allocation plus Tax cannot pay full salary.

Living Faith, a single Church, is schooling 16 thousand of your Citizens in Higher institutions and many more at primary and Secondary levels yet you think you have the capacity to waggle your tongue

I went for Shiloh all through and stayed in the staff quarters, yet it was electricity all through; for one second, water did not go off in spite of thousands that were present. On a normal day you won't walk 20 metres before you find a segregated bin to dispose your waste.

The entire area was fully covered by different layers of Security with multiple CCTV and IoT enabled barrier gates. And yet your Abuja, capital of the Nation does not have CCTV yet you open your .... mouth to talk down on pastors!

Between the guy that calls himself Area father and Bishop David Oyedepo Ministries International who resigned a federal job and started a Church of 3 people and has widened it to over 6,000 churches globally, over 200 schools, 2 hospitals, Over 1000 hectares farm for livestock and crop, Another farm in Igbesa and CU. With 15,000 housing Estate in progress, Water factories, Zeolite factory, One Research center, a scholarship fund, Beverage factories, 10 million books, Publishing house, Radio Station etc who has had more impact or who will have better capacity to govern the nation...??

Canaanland hosts hundreds of thousands of people every week yet no stampede ever. Government gathered people at stadium for recruitment exercise and before it even began, many were dead!

Living Faith already has a master plan till 2032 yet govt does not have a plan for 2020!

You know Illogicality is the trademark of most Africans. They fail to think beyond their prejudices and sentiments hence Africa has remained on the ground.

Can we imagine how developed the nation and would have been if we have people with the right mindset at the helm of the nation’s affairs? God bless all our pastors.
THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH THEIR TONGUE."

Mine: Believe me sir, this piece only shows the catastrophy of denominationalism, and as it represents the "Church' falsely.

What Dele Momodu is openly showing us is the picture of "a successful government" coming under "a failed government" - do you see that picture with me?

Now, my question has been: "how did the 'spiritual body of Christ' (a government like Dele Momodu has clearly pictured) come under the authority of another government that is human, and poorly driven?

At what point did government start having a say in how Churches are ran? What happened from the beginning? I just think that what the Church is doing today, should have been done from the beginning - to protest government involvement with them.

I seem to love Sheik Ibraheem El Zakzaky in the face of the practical cowardice of "Church leaders". The man refused to recognize the authority of the Nigerian government over him and his flocks, and insists that he rather dies than give in to what he does not believe. i think "Church leaders" should do better than making this present noise.

At no time, since I was born, have I heard that government and Church leaders are having problems, such that it now demands that most Church leaders now avail themselves to die for their "denominational holdings", and those who are afraid to die for theirs, assured that they would fast and pray for "government" to die instead.

I am surprised that just like the Jews suffered a blinding ignorance when Jesus was among them, so is this present moment for me, and this notion is fed by the unfortunate responses I have received for insisting that the denominations, to which believers have been compartmentalized, mistaken for the Church, has weakened the "unity of the body", whether we like to accept it or not.

How do you bring a government under God under the authority of - lets be frank now - President Muhammadu Buhari? What Dele Momodu revealed is "the evidences of the failure of 'the success God promoted for Nigerians', but which has been shortchanged by the "leaders" of our various "denominations".

As Dele Momodu revealed, the "Living Faith Church Worldwide" grew from 3 members to an umbrella organisation covering most part of our world, and I wonder how such massive success came under the head-mastership of President Buhari to insist he would take it over. And people quarrel with me fit seeing the impossibility of such "take over"?

The 2020 CAMA laws are business related laws: what "businesses" do our "Church leaders" have with government? Who went first to the other to facilitate the "marriage"? What was the initial agreements which has now changed introducing a confrontation? Why is the confrontation coming now, and not when government needed to register the "denominations" as business bodies? I hate to call these denominations "Churches" - as they are abberrations!

When I started to frown at the type of "tithing" imposed by our Church leaders on ignorant believers, I was fiercely attacked, but today, some Church leaders have caught the bug. They are preaching a renewed "tithing". And now that the revelation of the calamity of "Church going" has been committed to me, give this newness a few years, and you will see how God is preparing his Church for the rapture.

Dele Momodu has spoken very very well, now let him relate his revelations of these successes to the possibility of the rapture hppening NOW! What happens to everything? Is there "carnality" in your observations? Therefore let us agree that Dele Momodu has both revealed the capacity of the Church, and its compromise by denominationalism.

For God sake if "the Church" is as successful as Dele Momodu paints it, Christians would not be killed, no Christian should lack electricity...why should the Church record 0.0001% success in 100%, and just one denomination grew from 3 into a world class "Church", but over 80% of others earn less than N50%. What caused the difference if "the Church is one body"?

It was Abraham who gave the first recorded tithe, and he received the Levitical Priesthood bequeathed to his great grandson, Levi. It was Mechizedek, the King of Peace and custodian of the eternal priesthood of god, who received Abraham's tithe to bequeath the temporal priesthood to Levi as "the Guide to the Guard".

Jesus, the Prince of Peace and heir of the eternal Priesthood, received the bequeathal of the tithe of Levi, in Abraham, and allowed for the time until his coming in flesh amd blood, to relieve the temporary priesthood, and institute the everlasting priesthood.

Today, we are all priests in Jesus Christ, and he is the Chief Priest. The Head of the Church who is in heaven and having his body on earth. Is this truly the Church that "Church leaders" fear that "a Fulani Alhaji will take over?".

Let us understand the propaganda of "Church leaders". All that Dele Momodu has reeled, are material and carnal successes of denominationalism. All those successes are for "The Living Faith Church", and a few members of the business vision of the denomination. More than 80% other members of the same church across Nigeria still live in darkness and struggle with portable water supply. We are tired of cosmetics.

I dont write to be paid, getting paid for writing is Dele Momodu's business. He therefore cannot see as much as this matter needs spiritual insights, otherwise, even "the very elect will be deceived".

God bless you.

Ini Akpan Morgan writes from Uyo, Nigeria. 08102466347 (Whatsapp text only pls). Email: time.subsidaties@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Reflection From Dele Momodu's Opinion On The 2020 CAMA Laws by CodeTemplar: 6:28am On Aug 31, 2020
Ini Akpan Morgan is spewing trash. The church is one body functionally and not developmentally. Even at that there may be fake churches but that don't warrant going after every single church out there.
Cc: IniAkpanMorgan
Re: A Reflection From Dele Momodu's Opinion On The 2020 CAMA Laws by CodeTemplar: 6:46am On Aug 31, 2020
IniAkpanMorgan:

For God sake if "the Church" is as successful as Dele Momodu paints it, Christians would not be killed, no Christian should lack electricity...why should the Church record 0.0001% success in 100%, and just one denomination grew from 3 into a world class "Church", but over 80% of others earn less than N50%. What caused the difference if "the Church is one body"?

It was Abraham who gave the first recorded tithe, and he received the Levitical Priesthood bequeathed to his great grandson, Levi. It was Mechizedek, the King of Peace and custodian of the eternal priesthood of god, who received Abraham's tithe to bequeath the temporal priesthood to Levi as "the Guide to the Guard".

Jesus, the Prince of Peace and heir of the eternal Priesthood, received the bequeathal of the tithe of Levi, in Abraham, and allowed for the time until his coming in flesh amd blood, to relieve the temporary priesthood, and institute the everlasting priesthood.

Today, we are all priests in Jesus Christ, and he is the Chief Priest. The Head of the Church who is in heaven and having his body on earth. Is this truly the Church that "Church leaders" fear that "a Fulani Alhaji will take over?".

Let us understand the propaganda of "Church leaders". All that Dele Momodu has reeled, are material and carnal successes of denominationalism. All those successes are for "The Living Faith Church", and a few members of the business vision of the denomination. More than 80% other members of the same church across Nigeria still live in darkness and struggle with portable water supply. We are tired of cosmetics.

I dont write to be paid, getting paid for writing is Dele Momodu's business. He therefore cannot see as much as this matter needs spiritual insights, otherwise, even "the very elect will be deceived".

God bless you.

IniAkpanMorgan is missing it clearly.
The church cannot attempt to form a society with a society. it doesn't work that way.

(1) (Reply)

Calling On Arrewa To Explain His Stance On The Quran's Authority With Me. / Lesson 3: RCCG Sunday School Student’s Manual [20th September 2020] / End SARS: Video Of Odumeje's January Prophecy On Nationwide Unrest Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.