Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,283 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo (173 Views)

Enugu Discharges One COVID-19 Patient / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check / First COVID-19 Patient In Oyo Discharged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by Sanchez01: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2020
Popular Nigerian pentecostal preacher and founder of Living Faith Chapel, David Oyedopo, has said he would lay his bare hands and breathe into any COVID-19 patient brought to him for prayer.

Mr Oyedepo said this during his church’s programme on Saturday.

“Can you imagine anyone bringing a coronavirus patient to me and I won’t lay hands on him? Will I wear gloves to lay hands on them?

“I will lay hands on them; breathe into them; embrace them. What you carry is eternal life, it’s not human life. You should know that,” he said during the broadcast.

As expected, his broadcast message has gone viral and has attracted diverse reactions from his church members and the general public.

But this is not the first time Mr Oyedepo would be courting controversies because of his Covid-19 related statements.

During a sermon on June 28, the cleric claimed his church recorded 114 Covid-19 healing testimonies.

Additionally, he said, Lagos and Ogun states were infected with an anti-church virus and not COVID-19.

He also condemned the closure of churches and other worship centres by Lagos and Ogun States governments.

Criticism

In his latest video, Mr Oydepo lampooned people who wear nose masks and gloves to protect themselves from contracting the virus.

“You’ll now wear everything like a doctor, you have never been to a theatre in your life. You will be moving like somebody is under some attack. Someday, they will know that they have been deceived.

“They will all know that they have been grossly deceived,” he said expressing doubt in the virus and its preventive measures.

”You’ve covered your mouth: do you cover it when you want to eat or there is no coronavirus when you are eating? I just look at it and say, ‘what is all this?”.

He also inferred that the current COVID-19 preventive measures were not of God.

Mr Oyedepo said, “It’s all the devil trying to dehumanise humanity. Don’t go near old people, yet you are buying food from them! Do you ask somebody of her age when you want to buy food: ‘Hello Mama, what’s your age?’ Age of what? Get out, my friend. I am selling something and you’re asking my age.

“COVID-19 cannot be any reason why your own ‘breaking limit’ package will not be delivered. It’s not a tenable reason. No circumstance on earth will make the covenant of God of no effect.

“You can imagine a medical doctor going back there to minister to coronavirus patients (documented testimony). He found something, while others are scared by everything they can see.”

Like Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy Church, Mr Oyedepo has strongly kicked against the federal government’s COVID-19 restrictions which have impacted church attendance.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/411625-ill-lay-my-bare-hands-on-covid-19-patient-breathe-into-them-oyedepo.html

Lalasticlala

Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by Sanchez01: 8:35am On Aug 31, 2020
Bishop Oyedepo is rabble rouser. What amuses me about him is how he confidently basks in ignorance, believing he is teaching/preaching, just like Pastor Chris (who I unfortunately love).

We are now cursed with a generation of Christians who bask in riling up crowds but have no power. Understanding what the charge in Matt 10:8 and Luke 6:38, men of God should be demonstrating the awesome power of God but no, five months on into surviving the pandemic, Oyedepo is still using the phrase "I will" when he ought to be DOING.

So far, he is yet to embrace one COVID-19 patient, yet to lay his hands on one and allow God heal the victim through him, failed to visit isolation centers to demonstrate the power of God he supposedly carries but finds it convenient to lament about closing churches.

The other day, it was Apostle Sule saying the government should allow men of God with healing powers to visit and heal people at isolation centers when in fact the government should be turning to God's prophets for healing.

The present generation of GOs and pastors are mostly highly intelligent motivational speakers that have perfected the art of beguiling and misdirection like magicians. If not for anything, I would have the government should bundle Oyedepo and dump him in an isolation center and have him breathe on rona patients so that they can all go home rejoicing some minutes after but will all know what will happen.

You can't allow God heal people through you and you won't allow believers protect themselves in peace.

Anyhow generation of powerless but talkative believers.
Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by Temitopemo6e6(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2020
Scams too much in Nigeria, why can’t he lay
his hand on buhari chief of staff Abba kyari,
former Oyo state governor abiola ajimobi and
the likes before death came to their doorstep.
Yahoo in babalawo ole ni everybody.
Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by DuBLINGreenb(m): 8:38am On Aug 31, 2020
Ok sir please go right ahead.
Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by athaboi(f): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2020
Oga pastor calm down o
Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by Kriss216: 8:48am On Aug 31, 2020
In his latest video, Mr Oydepo lampooned people who wear nose masks and gloves to protect themselves from contracting the virus.

What's this man's plan? Why is he against preventive measures? Who send this man, please? Is he an agent of destruction? Who's he?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by Whitecoal711: 8:51am On Aug 31, 2020
Hmm
Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by espn(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2020
Why is he telling us...let him go please.
Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by Sanchez01: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2020
Kriss216:

What's this man's plan? Why is he against preventive measures? Who send this man, please? Is he an agent of destruction? Who's he?
Blame it on cult support. If it wasn't, he wouldn't be reckless and unguarded in his utterances. He is always fingering preventive measures, lamenting on why churches are closed when most senior pastors have bolted.

Pastor Poju Oyemade and Pastor Sam Adeyemi, supposedly younger than Oyedepo in calling are wiser and more experienced than the fiery pastor. Perhaps his old age is responsible but the truth is, Oyedepo's constant vitriols of governments' efforts, moves and strategies at combating the coronavirus is shameful and would have led the country to the brink of doom and collapse if heeded.

It is almost like they forget so many things when they sit in that lofty, high seat. The difference between most of these guys and Odumeje or Indaboski is education, exposure and mother tongue influence. Take these away and they are all the same.
Re: I’ll Lay My Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patient, Breathe Into Them – Oyedepo by Ejenavi18(f): 9:57am On Aug 31, 2020
This man should keep his mouth shut if he has nothing meaningful to say rather than spewing rubbish.

If he can lay his hands and cure the patients, what's preventing him from going to them at the isolation center?

(1) (Reply)

Colon Cancer: One Among The Highest Cancer Affecting Males In Nigeria / How To Avoid Vagina Injury At Child Birth / How To Close A Tooth Gap... Your Recommendations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.