Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth (791 Views)

Papa Benji Basketmouth / Watch Basketmouth Shows His Dancing Skills On His Birthday / Stop Your Fight Till After My Show, Basketmouth Tells Psquare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by seunlayi(m): 9:40am On Aug 31, 2020
Veteran Comedian, Basketmouth has reacted to the sovereignty clause in Nigeria’s loans from China, by concluding that Chinese may become the country’s second language in 10 years.

Earlier, a house of representatives panel had raised alarm in an investigative hearing over a clause conceding Nigeria’s sovereignty in a loan agreement with the Export-Import Bank of China.

Abubakar Malami, the minister of justice and attorney-general of the federation (AGF), however, said that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration will guard Nigeria’s sovereignty as regards foreign loans.

Sarcastically addressing Nigerians who expressed concerns about the country’s repayment plans, Basketmouth, a comedian whose real name is Bright Okpocha, made a video wherein he charged citizens to dwell on the prospects of bilingualism.

“I understand that a lot of Nigerian are really upset right now especially with what’s going on with the $5.3 billion loan and the sovereignty clause hidden somewhere in that document,” he said.

“Nigerians, why are you getting upset for nothing? Our political elites are way older than us, which means they’re wiser. I believe they had options.

“The first would have been to call on China and have them invest in the rail track, run it for whatever duration of years, make their money back, and leave the trail for us.

“The other is to take the loan, build it ourselves, run it, and pay off the loan with the interest. And they went for the latter, which is the best actually, based on the fact that they have a TRACK record.

“They did it with NIPOST, NNPC—great, beautiful. NEPA—that investment is flourishing to date. NICON, Nigerian Airways.— yes! Also, they did it with the Nigeria Railway Corporation.

“…the same railway they’re doing. Do yourself a favour. Let’s look at the bright side. In the next ten years, the Chinese language will be our second language. I’ve always wanted to learn Chinese.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298674453174464518

This guy may be right angry

Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by dukeprince50: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2020
me I av already chosen my name to be Chi Tai Lee
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by ggirl4real: 9:48am On Aug 31, 2020
Lol....

Prophet Basket mouth.

I wish we will borrow till we cannot pay back anymore.

How a country as rich as Nigeria is so comfortable with borrowing for unproductive things, is still baffling.
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by seunlayi(m): 9:49am On Aug 31, 2020
dukeprince50:
me I av already chosen my name to be Chi Tai lee

Lol

Mine will be Chun Lee grin angry
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2020
seunlayi:

Lol

Mine will be Chun Lee grin angry
This is unfair....why impersonate me when I'm still alive? This account needs to be ban!
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:57am On Aug 31, 2020
seunlayi:

Abubakar Malami, the minister of justice and attorney-general of the federation (AGF), however, said that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration will guard Nigeria’s sovereignty as regards foreign loans.

“The first would have been to call on China and have them invest in the rail track, run it for whatever duration of years, make their money back, and leave the trail for us.

“The other is to take the loan, build it ourselves, run it, and pay off the loan with the interest. And they went for the latter, which is the best actually, based on the fact that they have a TRACK record.

“They did it with NIPOST, NNPC—great, beautiful. NEPA—that investment is flourishing to date. NICON, Nigerian Airways.— yes! Also, they did it with the Nigeria Railway Corporation.

“…the same railway they’re doing. Do yourself a favour. Let’s look at the bright side. In the next ten years, the Chinese language will be our second language. I’ve always wanted to learn Chinese.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298674453174464518

This guy may be right angry
They went extreme with this contract!!!

Buhari took a loan still payable even after he's no longer in office

And we all know where Nigeria stands when it comes to the issue of continuity undecided

I don't blame those who said this Buhari is not a Nigerian but jubril from wherever undecided

Gradually his mission is becoming visible!!!
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by donbachi(m): 9:57am On Aug 31, 2020
Chun chin tai chi,sun tai yun lee chun mun tai sun chi tai tai mon lee.
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 31, 2020
My name is boo haa riiii
That is my Chinese name gringrin
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Felyyaks(f): 10:00am On Aug 31, 2020
Lolz God help us all
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 31, 2020
donbachi:

笨蛋

gringringringringringrin
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 31, 2020
[quote author=Wiseandtrue post=93416081][/quote]

Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by dukeprince50: 10:03am On Aug 31, 2020
donbachi:
nwaa yun chin lai, shin chingla tai, sun sai chin chin, chinwee loi loi
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Pollosa1: 10:03am On Aug 31, 2020
cheesy
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by dukeprince50: 10:05am On Aug 31, 2020
Pimpmaride:

笨蛋

gringringringringringrin
汉语

/漢語,

漢語;
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:15am On Aug 31, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Na the name wey you give me be this

Make I go enroll for Chinese school grin grin grin
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by contigiency(m): 10:19am On Aug 31, 2020
Your name and profession says it all. Otherwise how can one who bear basketmouth as a name talk coherently? America that is owing China above one trillion dollars have not started speaking Chinese, but it's Nigeria that is owing them peanut that will pass through such ordeal.
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by Vyzz: 10:57am On Aug 31, 2020
那就是我们将如何滚动
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by seunlayi(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2020
donbachi:

Lol, the mod actually took this to be a joke and moved to joke section. Yeye
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by seunlayi(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Na the name wey you give me be this

Make I go enroll for Chinese school grin grin grin

Go to this school in this address or is free

上帝保佑你高中,維多利亞島,拉各斯。

God Bless you High School, Victoria Island, Lagos
Re: Chinese Will Be Our 2nd Language In 10yrs Time, Start Learning It- Basketmouth by seunlayi(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2020
This is not a joke, let wait and see Oga Mod.

(1) (Reply)

African Grape Jokes: Part1 / To All Those Who Sent Me Chain Mails. / A Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.