Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Idiots Or Criminals? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Idiots Or Criminals? (975 Views)

Hilarious Statements Made By Criminals In Nigerian Police Custody / Weapons Recovered From Arrested Criminals In River State (Photos) / Criminals Who Hijack Lorries And Buses Arrested In Enugu (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idiots Or Criminals? by DavePeters: 1:15am On Feb 21, 2011
I'm a white Londoner, 68 ,  who has associated with "black" people since the 60s - Nigerians since the 80s. (my closest lady friend is Nigerian). Recently I've run into Nigerians I find "very difficult to handle" ,  and need some feedback from "people who know". I live in a Sheltered Housing Complex (very mixed, out of 200 residents there's maybe two score nationalities). The problem is "some of the Nigerian staff". Here goes:

I tried to move from the scheme I'm in to another place (run by the same Housing Trust) ,  because a Nigerian staff guy here was playing 'King Rat' on me and others. At the other scheme the guy who would have been my 'Welfare person', also a Nigerian, did the following "trip" on me:

He was very dark-skinned (shiny-skinned "black"wink and wearing chunky gold rings on most of his fingers (he looked like he had "gold knuckledusters" on his hands.). After completing the paperwork the following happened:

Him: "Can you give me £20?"
Me: "Why?"
Him: "Deposit"
Me: "But you know I'm already a tenant of the Trust ,  I'm 4 weeks ahead with the rent."
Him: "That doesn't apply here. You're IN A DIFFERENT PLACE NOW ,  can you give me £20"
Me: "No"
Him: "How much money do you have in your wallet?" (At this point I thought "This guy's a crook"wink
Me: "Actually I do have a £20 note."
Him: "You can give me that then."
Me: "No"
Him: "Why not?"
Me: "I'm going to the shops afterwards."
Him: "How much are you going to spend?"

This "mind game" went on and on ,  I decided not to move ,  there were others like him in this other scheme.

The 'King Rat' Nigerian in the scheme I was trying to move from crashed his expensive sports car 3 weeks later ,  so it was "problem solved".

What are people like this doing working in low paid jobs working with the elderly?

I read on an Internet site about Nigerian crime in London that: 'These people have no problem working in menial jobs'

An Ibo friend claimed its the Yoruba who are the "crooks" over here in London - dunno about that.
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by DavePeters: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2011
King Rat's behaviour:

The intercom in my flat rings and I'm "commanded" to come down to the office (staff are not supposed to do this to tenants). I stand at the door ,  he's talking to another staff member (a woman, also Nigerian ,  but she's ok). He looks at me with a stern look on his face ,  no "I'll be with you in a minute". As he's talking to his colleague he glances at me a couple of times ,  I get a sense that he's "demonstrating his power" by the way he's intimidating her. She leaves (giving me a quick glance that says "Be careful"wink. He looks at me, walks around his desk, looks at me, moves his chair, looks at me, sits down and makes himself comfortable, motions me to sit down, open a file, looks at something in it, glances up at me, closes the file and says:

"I have to ask you some questions!"

I'm being "interrogated", sort of thing.

Pause:

"You're white?

The response he wants is for me to "react". The CCTV (which has no audio) will show me "threatening him".

I just smile. I know what the next question will be. A week earlier we had filled in a Diversity Monitoring Form (for statistical purposes only, so that everybody can be treated equally.) The first question on the form was about our ethnic background. The second question asked us our sexual orientation. It was this form he'd looked at in the file.

He continued:

"You're heterosexual?"

The problem with a lot of white people of my age is that they think that Africans are "less intelligent" than us "civilised Europeans".

Most of my women friends are black ,  I like the company of intelligent women
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by Natasha2(f): 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
undecided undecided undecided ;d
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by justwise(m): 12:30am On Feb 24, 2011
I'm enjoying this grin
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by oderemo(m): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
get the f.u.k outta here.
idiat.
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by justwise(m): 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2011
ode remo:

get the f.u.k outta here.
idiat.
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by donjon: 9:27am On Feb 26, 2011
What about part 3?
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by DavePeters: 7:35pm On Feb 26, 2011
Part 3

From a while back (c. 1980)

I was a squatter in London. I'd opened up a house and gradually filled it with an "interesting" collection of homeless people. One day a Nigerian guy, Jim, knocked on the door , he was homeless and had heard about my squat. No problem, we still had a couple of spare rooms. Later when we were gathered in my room Jim decided to "take over" , he announced that he was going to have MY room. The others left me with him. Jim was sitting in MY chair, looking "menacing" , no problem. I smiled, stood close to him, leaned forward and said:

"I'm into magic , if you don't get out of my room I'll put a spell on you!"

A look of fear came into his eyes and he immediately left my room.

He stayed for 3 months , I got on well with him:

"The others are frightened of me," he said

", because I'm black."

I'm presently associating with a cousin of Suzanne Alele, Michele Obama's friend.
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by donjon: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2011
Congrats!
Re: Idiots Or Criminals? by DavePeters: 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
JAMES IBORI ... well, well. One of his houses is just up the road from here (Abbey Road, Hampstead, London)

The Housing Trust I live in has recently had a big "clear out" of Nigerian staff ... but they still won't acknowledge that some of them were "up to something, possibly criminal".

I tried to move away to another part of England ... but run into a "local criminal network" in a small English town. I had to scarper quick cos they made it plain I "might get hurt" if I stayed around.

In England, long before the immigrants came, we had our "corrupt practices" involving the town councils and Chambers of Commerce. My father was a builder ... he made a bit of money through his involvement with a "crime family" (the Adams Family of Islington).

I can recognise "criminals" by their body language ... there's more and more of them appearing around London

The MET have been "exporting" bent cops to other parts of the UK for at least the last 20 years.

Ho hum.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Bugglers Return Stolen Goods After 3 Months / Two Students Arrested Over Kidnap, Molestation, Murder Of Colleague / PHOTOS: Lover Girl Allegedly Pours Acid On Boyfriend And Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.