Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching (839 Views)

My Snail And Vegetable Backyard Garden / My Snail Farming Journey / Why Your Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching by Chuksomenia(m): 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Good day everyone. Please I started rearing snails 2 months ago with the mature ones and they started laying eggs 7days later. They've layed over 300 eggs but none has hatched and it's a month and 1 week now. Please I need answers from anyone that rears snails. Do you have the same experience? Or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Re: My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching by michkosi(m): 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
Man sorry am also into dis wahala also..07032903260... Lets discuss more on watsapp
Re: My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching by Bhorbymills1990: 6:38am On Sep 01, 2020
Chuksomenia:
Good day everyone. Please I started rearing snails 2 months ago with the mature ones and they started laying eggs 7days later. They've layed over 300 eggs but none has hatched and it's a month and 1 week now. Please I need answers from anyone that rears snails. Do you have the same experience? Or am I doing something wrong?

Did you touch the eggs after the snail laid the eggs ??
Re: My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching by nnaetobi(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2020
do not touch them with Ur bare hands,use plastic spoons to extract them from the soil to wherever u are transferring them to. secondly,sprinkle water on top the soil u buried Ur eggs daily till they hatch

1 Like

Re: My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching by Chuksomenia(m): 9:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
I touched some but most of them, we collected them with a rubber spoon
Bhorbymills1990:

Did you touch the eggs after the snail laid the eggs ??
Re: My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching by Chuksomenia(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
OK. Thank you very much
nnaetobi:
do not touch them with Ur bare hands,use plastic spoons to extract them from the soil to wherever u are transferring them to. secondly,sprinkle water on top the soil u buried Ur eggs daily till they hatch

1 Like

Re: My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching by obamat: 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
There is more to snail eggs hatching than you think.
1. The egg should be transfer like maximum of 4 days after been laid.
2. Do not touch eggs with bare hands, use knife and plastic spoon and bury immediately in the hatchery
3. Do not check the eggs after buried
4. Do not transfer the hatchery on the eggs to another location, change in temperature affects hatchability of the eggs
5. Cover the soil with dry plantain leaves and wet with water like twice a week
6. Your hatchery should not be aerated it should be properly secured.
7. Eggs take from 24day for AA to 35 days AM for hatching.
Wish you all the best 08090448619 for practical video
Re: My Snail Eggs Are Not Hatching by Chuksomenia(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2020
Thank you so much for this, I'll do just as you've said.
obamat:
There is more to snail eggs hatching than you think.
1. The egg should be transfer like maximum of 4 days after been laid.
2. Do not touch eggs with bare hands, use knife and plastic spoon and bury immediately in the hatchery
3. Do not check the eggs after buried
4. Do not transfer the hatchery on the eggs to another location, change in temperature affects hatchability of the eggs
5. Cover the soil with dry plantain leaves and wet with water like twice a week
6. Your hatchery should not be aerated it should be properly secured.
7. Eggs take from 24day for AA to 35 days AM for hatching.
Wish you all the best 08090448619 for practical video

(1) (Reply)

Updated Price Of Grains From Gbugbu Market In Kwara State / A Poultry Farm / Matured Advice Please.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.